[Q] Canvas HD SamflareV5 os issues

Search This thread

cynochem

Apr 15, 2014
Hello Everybody...

I have flashed by phone & installed the Samflare V5 given in this location.(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530755). I have followed all the instruction but after installation i face the following issues.

1. Default message app is not showing or sending the messages sent only to dual sim card installed in the phone & vice versa,
2. Also seaching for GPS error is still there & it is taking long time to connect with GPS satellite. I have even enabled the A-GPS options but still real time navigation is a problem.
3. How to bring the sim management in the status bar or in the home screen?

Thanks in advance. Pls help me out.

vivekgonzo

Sep 24, 2013
Bangalore
Doing my bit.

Hello Everybody...

I have flashed by phone & installed the Samflare V5 given in this location.(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530755). I have followed all the instruction but after installation i face the following issues.

1. Default message app is not showing or sending the messages sent only to dual sim card installed in the phone & vice versa,
2. Also seaching for GPS error is still there & it is taking long time to connect with GPS satellite. I have even enabled the A-GPS options but still real time navigation is a problem.
3. How to bring the sim management in the status bar or in the home screen?

Thanks in advance. Pls help me out.

Bro!

1st issue I did not understand clearly, however msging is working perfectly fine for me in this ROM.

2: I too could not get a GPS fix anywhere even on a good weather, downloaded "GPS Status" from the play store and GPS now works while I'm outside but nowhere inside my house or in a closed room.

3: Try an app called "More Shortcuts"(logo with an arrow pointing to the right, red background). Not sure whether it gives option for SIM management but I know it gives a lot of shortcuts for many options in the phone.

All the best!! :cowboy::cowboy:

cynochem

Apr 15, 2014
RE:

Dear Vivek

Thanks for the reply....

Can u pls exactly give the link of GPS status app as i find numerous app in that name

Bro!

1st issue I did not understand clearly, however msging is working perfectly fine for me in this ROM.

2: I too could not get a GPS fix anywhere even on a good weather, downloaded "GPS Status" from the play store and GPS now works while I'm outside but nowhere inside my house or in a closed room.

3: Try an app called "More Shortcuts"(logo with an arrow pointing to the right, red background). Not sure whether it gives option for SIM management but I know it gives a lot of shortcuts for many options in the phone.

All the best!! :cowboy::cowboy:

vivekgonzo

Sep 24, 2013
Bangalore
This one.
Hey I still faced issue with this app. There was only a 70-30 chance of a GPS fix.
However I found something which really works outdoors:

1. Switch on GPS from notification bar and in settings.

2. Open Gravity box -> Click "Engineering mode".

3. Look for Location Based Services.

4. Select GPS at the top.

5. There's a greyed out button "GPS off". Click that button and select "Hot".

This gets a location fix within 30 seconds for me...

Hope it works for you brother.. :eek:

Sent from my A116 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1402252086820.jpg
    1402252086820.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22

cynochem

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks for the prompt reply, but unfortunately, gravity box is not working for me.. When i click that i get a msg " waiting for response from Gravitybox system framework" & then after few seconds the app exists automatically saying " Gravitybox system framework not responding, Exiting".

This one.
Hey I still faced issue with this app. There was only a 70-30 chance of a GPS fix.
However I found something which really works outdoors:

1. Switch on GPS from notification bar and in settings.

2. Open Gravity box -> Click "Engineering mode".

3. Look for Location Based Services.

4. Select GPS at the top.

5. There's a greyed out button "GPS off". Click that button and select "Hot".

This gets a location fix within 30 seconds for me...

Hope it works for you brother.. :eek:

vivekgonzo

Sep 24, 2013
Bangalore
First open xposed installer.
Then select "modules".
Here put a check for gravitybox.
Then select "framework" and click on "install and reboot".

This should get gravity box working.

OR...

Download "mobileuncle" tools from play store.
Open app. Go to engineering mode.
Select engineering mode MTK and follow the instructions from previous post..