[URGENT HELP NEEDED] Recovery not working, can not boot past fastboot

Search This thread

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
I went from stock to unlocked, installed TWRP using fastboot, made a backup of stock, flashed nV RLS 1.1 no problem. Went to install nV RLS 2 today and TWRP screwed up the clean install somehow, it booted, but with FCs everywhere. I booted back to recovery, wiped for another clean install and TWRP did a hot reboot of the sorts, then it would just boot to the boot animation and reboot. Went back into TWRP, tried to restore a nandroid, and it failed. Hot reboot from recovery again. I thought it was just a problem with TWRP, so I installed PhilZ through fastboot. I was able to boot into PhilZ, went to do a full wipe, it started, then hot reboot. I attempted to install nV RLS 2 from Philz, and in the middle of the aroma installer, hot reboot. I reinstalled TWRP through fastboot, and it just does a hot reboot about 3 seconds into it.

I've never had this problem with any other phone. Frustrating. I can't get it to stay in recovery long enough to pull the internal storage to the computer. Any fix for this?

EDIT: Success. I did the RUU back to stock thing, then reinstalled TWRP, then I was able to restore one of my TWRP backups. I posted this at 1:16 AM, and now it's 4:40 am. That was a painful learning experience. I must've messed up one of the partitions somehow. I don't really know.

Last edited:

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
I went from stock to unlocked, installed TWRP using fastboot, made a backup of stock, flashed nV RLS 1.1 no problem. Went to install nV RLS 2 today and TWRP screwed up the clean install somehow, it booted, but with FCs everywhere. I booted back to recovery, wiped for another clean install and TWRP did a hot reboot of the sorts, then it would just boot to the boot animation and reboot. Went back into TWRP, tried to restore a nandroid, and it failed. Hot reboot from recovery again. I thought it was just a problem with TWRP, so I installed PhilZ through fastboot. I was able to boot into PhilZ, went to do a full wipe, it started, then hot reboot. I attempted to install nV RLS 2 from Philz, and in the middle of the aroma installer, hot reboot. I reinstalled TWRP through fastboot, and it just does a hot reboot about 3 seconds into it.

I've never had this problem with any other phone. Frustrating. I can't get it to stay in recovery long enough to pull the internal storage to the computer. Any fix for this?

what happens if you just do: fastboot boot <recovery name>? i can't say ive had this issue b4, but its something to try

Reactions: jova33

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
what happens if you just do: fastboot boot <recovery name>? i can't say ive had this issue b4, but its something to try

well somehow Philz works for adb purposes. Hot reboot if I try and actually do anything with it though. I'm doing an adb pull /data/media/0 right now. I think I'm just going to do that RUU and factory reset this thing and start over.

edit: fastboot boot twrprecovery.img yields the same results as trying to boot it from the phone.

Last edited:

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
And from now on TiBu backups are going on the SD card.

Edit: I fixed the problem some 3 hours later. Still don't know wtf happened though. Had to revert completely back to stock to restore a nandroid.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.