[ROM][KANG]CM9 ICS 10.1 WiFi Preview 03/04/12

Search This thread

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
So you used a 3.1/3.2 wpa_supplicant and it worked?? I don't use adbshell to push files to the system folder. I just use root explorer and chmod appropriately using GUI in root explorer. That's what I did with Honeycomb at least. My only fear is that using Honeycomb wpa_supplicant might mess up the wifi completely.

EDIT: Perfect. I confirm that in order to enable adhoc connectivity, the modified wpa_supplicant from honeycomb CAN be used. So far so good.

Can you post modified wpa_supplicant from honeycomb???? Or point me to where you were able to get it???

Thanks......

marceloid

Feb 12, 2011
Recife
Wifi sleep

Is it just me or the Wifi sleep when screen is off doesn't work? I tried the two options available : "never" and "only when plugged in ". It's the only thing that keeps me from using this room daily. Without it, I need to charge almost everyday.

EDIT: it seems that the Wifi sleep policy is working fine. I guess that it only has a longer delay to shutdown Wifi than the HC ROM.

Last edited:

RipplingHurst

Feb 18, 2011
California
First time with ICS on my tab, OMG it's working great! Have tested it somewhat, loaded tons of apps, looking great.

I did a full wipe (data, 3x cache, 3x dalvik), no major issues so far. It does went funny when entering some passwords with tweetcaster (flicker screen). HD videos working great so far (same ones I had playing on 2.2).

But the OMG was for how fast it feels compared to honeycomb. It looks (the UI, but also the browser - Opera mobile works like it has 2x the memory, or so it feels) faster than ICS running on my transformer prime. I must be seeing things, but it is what it is.

nmalready

Jun 12, 2010
Michigan
I'm not able to get clock settings in performance to stick in this build. Also some setting in cm parts don't seem to have any effect (like notification widgets)

Narishma29

Jul 15, 2011
Anybody flashed without wipe?

I flashed this time with no wiping at all. Just flashed in CWM and the replaced the bootanimation.zip with ES File Explorer as always after boot. Not a hiccup yet. Camera gets fixed hopefully soon and then it is perfect.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

EDIT: Should mention I flashed over the build just previous to the Jan. 27 one. I believe it was Jan. 25 or 24 I was on.

Alleycat68

Jan 21, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
This build is really nice...only issue for me is browser "freeze". I manually FC and connection resumes. That doesn't occur often enough to be a deal breaker.

Edit: browser freezing more frequently now...anyone else experiencing this?
Just switched to Dolphin HD browser to test.

Last edited:

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
I flashed this time with no wiping at all. Just flashed in CWM and the replaced the bootanimation.zip with ES File Explorer as always after boot. Not a hiccup yet. Camera gets fixed hopefully soon and then it is perfect.

EDIT: Should mention I flashed over the build just previous to the Jan. 27 one. I believe it was Jan. 25 or 24 I was on.

Likewise just wiped dalvik and flashed over 1/24 build. no issues yet..hoping for camera and mic fixes soon

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

number1pb

Jan 29, 2010
Can somebody let me know where can you turn on the option to use MTP in this rom?

***Nevermind After Digging through the pages I found it!!****

PS to the OP! You might want to consider posting the steps on how to enable MTP in the first post!

Cheers!

Last edited:

spencepu3

Apr 25, 2007
My only gripe is I can't get my VPN to connect. Anyone else have problems wth this? The new build is awesome but that is a deal breaker for me. Thanks again!

gwak

Jul 25, 2005
Flashed with Dalvik cache wipe

Just flased update with only dalvik wipe. Everything seems ok

Top Liked Posts