[DEPRECIATED][RECOVERY][CWM]ClockworkMod Recovery 5.8.2.4 for EVO 4G LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Does this include recoveries? I really want NFC and google wallet. Maybe I will just slow down here. Hopefully unlocking my bootloader doesn't bork wallet because I am in the middle of that.

No I don't think it does it only affects it by wiping and installing roms from what I have seen over on the gn thread however it is part of the reason I haven't rooted my g nexus either lol.

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
Does this include recoveries? I really want NFC and google wallet. Maybe I will just slow down here. Hopefully unlocking my bootloader doesn't bork wallet because I am in the middle of that.

Follow the directions every time you flash something and u should be OK.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Follow the directions every time you flash something and u should be OK.

Yeah but it will need to be in op of all roms just trying to make sure people see it as not everyone goes to general which is where it is now and I asked srg to move and sticky it

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
Yeah but it will need to be in op of all roms just trying to make sure people see it as not everyone goes to general which is where it is now and I asked srg to move and sticky it

Very true......so anyone who flashed recovery can u charge your phone while its off?

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
No kidding man. I know rooting didn't break wallet so maybe you can go ahead with that. But thanks for the heads up!

Well rooting the gn is diff and does a factory reset lol and I just haven't felt like messing with it yet and batt life etc has been good so no need as of yet :p and your welcome man I know it is deff gonna be new for all of us to do. I have seen many people have to get their gn replaced due to not wiping their wallet and then NFC is screwed.

Towleeeie9613

Jan 31, 2011
If I flash will I lose my apps and settings?
When you unlock, it does a full reset, but flashing the recovery itself doesn't wipe.

EDIT: I just tested the new build, and it boots into recovery, but none of the options do anything but go to a blank screen with the CWM logo in the back.

Last edited:

sofla2

Jul 11, 2011
Naples, FL
I did the HTC DEV unlock, everything seemed to go just fine. Went all the way through, got the e-mail and the unlock screen, selected yes and the phone rebooted. But when I went into the bootloader it still says locked at the top.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
http://techerrata.com/toastcfh/hax/recovery-test2.img

should resolve off-mode charging issues. please test and report back. i do not have a phone so i need you guys to test.

also need USB tested. with phone off you should be able to see the device with adb and access a shell. may need to type "adb root" to actually get access to a shell. please report back with any issues with this as well.

for me to debug touch i need someone to boot into recovery and touch the screen a bit then reboot to system and get me a last_kmsg. this can be done with the following command

"adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg>path/to/save/ur/new/awesome/log.txt"

thanks

Couldn't get a shell while in recovery. Also couldn't get a shell while powered down.

Another odd thing: After doing a power off it booted into recovery.

Attached kmsg log after tapping all over the place. Oddly enough at one point all that tapping did attempt to format the device. Heh.

Edit:
Charging is definitely working in recovery.

Attachments

• kmsg_log.txt
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Echo2Lincoln

Jul 11, 2010
North Carolina
The question I asked was if I attempt to use the HTC Dev unlock method, is it going to hang up or not work because I am already rooted and have the "tampered" message. I'm not worried about the message being there, I just don't know if I need to run an RUU, Unlock, then run root or simply running the HTC unlock will work.

I had the same question. Just run the Dev unlock. no need to run ruu to unroot.

hope that helps

Reactions: jdogg836

btbamzao

Apr 12, 2011
Houston, TX
Got unlock. Got root. Got cwm flashed. Select any option. Does nothing.

Edit: not sure what I flashed the first time lol, but I just ran a backup successfully! Sweet!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Woohoo! ClockworkMod Recovery brought over by the one and only toastcfh!! Recovery is the basis for all of the work we devs do here, so please thank toastcfh for this as it was all his doing! The man doesn't even have this phone and he did it, please donate to him so we can get him an EVO 4G LTE!!

imag0123dw.jpg

What works
    • Backup
    • Restore
    • Flashing. zips
    • ??

What doesn't work
    • Mass Storage
    • Touch
    • ??

Requirements
    • HTCdev Unlock (Choose "All Other Supported Models" and follow all the directions, including driver install)
    • Rooted

How to flash via phone (Recommended)
    • Download the ClockworkMod recovery.img below and place on the root of the internal sdcard. Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary!
    • Download Terminal Emulator from the Market
    • Go into Terminal emulator and type "su" (lowercase, no quotes) and accept the Superuser prompt
    • Then type this exactly (no quotes) "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22"
    • If should tell you records in and out and then recovery is flashed!
    • To get into recovery, you can type (no quotes) "reboot recovery". You can also access it by pressing Volume Down + Power while booting up, and then choose "Recovery". NOTE: You may need to disable Settings > Power > Fast Boot for this method to work.

How to flash via fastboot
    • I will update instructions later, but if you choose this way, you likely know what you're doing. Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary! Place the ClockworkMod recovery.img in the platform-tools (or even tools folder, depending on your SDK version), reboot into fastboot, and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

How to flash stock recovery
    • Follow the same set of instructions you used above, just download the stock recovery.img below.
    • Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary!

Credits
    • toastcfh for bringing over CWM without even having the phone!
    • -viperboy- for testing!
    • xHaus, Deck, and everyone else in IRC who tested!

Downloads
    ClockworkMod version pulled for now. This is causing an empty /misc partition, a fix is in the works!
    Stock recovery.img
    Updated version

http://techerrata.com/toastcfh/hax/recovery-test2.img

should resolve off-mode charging issues. please test and report back. i do not have a phone so i need you guys to test.

also need USB tested. with phone off you should be able to see the device with adb and access a shell. may need to type "adb root" to actually get access to a shell. please report back with any issues with this as well.

for me to debug touch i need someone to boot into recovery and touch the screen a bit then reboot to system and get me a last_kmsg. this can be done with the following command

"adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg>path/to/save/ur/new/awesome/log.txt"

thanks
    Also, viperROM may be out early in the morning, if initial testing is good!
    This is great news! So is there anything holding back the first custom ROM then? Or are they in the works right now?

Sent from my EVO using XDA

It's being worked on as we speak :) Just have a few more things to sort out. I really hope to have a build up tonight for you guys!
    Fixed recovery coming ASAP, and a MISC fix zip coming too.

Also, you guys are gonna get lucky and have USB in Recovery mode here soon :)