**WARNING** [ROM][4.1.2]SHV-E160L-MB2-Cherry Rom **WARNING** SHV-E160L Models Only

Search This thread

ryn888

Mar 29, 2011
Manila, PH
well if you want multi tasking then try those roms from koxda devs..it has multi tasking and messaging can be customized with 3 different bubbles..

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

download ICS rom, and flashed via odin. thats the only way to go back to ICS

Really? How about cherry rom?

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk 2

mphoneclinic

Apr 26, 2007
still waiting on the Vanilla JBMB2 part2 or last part so i can install it.

or a guide to install cherry rom from stock IC? thanks

mphoneclinic

Apr 26, 2007
Need help please, i took a shortcut install Cherry rom straight on to stock IC and now my Note is not boot up, just appear samsung logo with progressing bar
then switched off.

please i need the leaked JB or Vanilla Rom. thanks

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Need help please, i took a shortcut install Cherry rom straight on to stock IC and now my Note is not boot up, just appear samsung logo with progressing bar
then switched off.

please i need the leaked JB or Vanilla Rom. thanks

Links to factory kies MB2 Jellybean rom on first post ( with a mirror) and also thanks to @awesomefireduck for re-uploading cherry rom.

To fix most boot errors please flash the factory kies .tar file via odin first , factory reset , then update the recovery and then install cherry rom via either adb sideload or copy to the device and install via recovery.

umer427

Sep 6, 2010
islamabad
sir the download link is down for Jelly Bean Leak JMA3

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=215392&uk=1192063114

"Part One: Collecting Needed Files NOT for users not on Jelly Bean Leak JMA3

Download Jelly Bean Leak for SHV-E160L from Jelly Bean 4.2.1 ODIN TAR file inside a.zip NEEDS EXTRACTING OF ZIP, DONT TOUC .TAR.MD5"

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

am going to flash this rom thumbs up

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
sir the download link is down for Jelly Bean Leak JMA3

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=215392&uk=1192063114

"Part One: Collecting Needed Files NOT for users not on Jelly Bean Leak JMA3

Download Jelly Bean Leak for SHV-E160L from Jelly Bean 4.2.1 ODIN TAR file inside a.zip NEEDS EXTRACTING OF ZIP, DONT TOUC .TAR.MD5"

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

am going to flash this rom thumbs up

Links have been updated.
24/aug 2013

jhoven

Feb 26, 2009
Great Job

Hi, I just want to thank for this tutorial. I was able to install, root my SHV-E160L in JB 4.1.2

And I was able to install also the Cherry Rom, Im really happy without the bloatwares. :)

I use this ROM and report any problems (if any).

Good Job and keep it up! :good::good::good:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Hi, I just want to thank for this tutorial. I was able to install, root my SHV-E160L in JB 4.1.2

And I was able to install also the Cherry Rom, Im really happy without the bloatwares. :)

I use this ROM and report any problems (if any).

Good Job and keep it up! :good::good::good:

Nice to have positive feed back. Glad you enjoying the ROM.
Darkspr1te

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: jhoven

jhoven

Feb 26, 2009
Hi Dark,

Im running with your Cherry Rom for 5 days straight now and I never experienced any FC, Crashes. Wohoo!

May I ask few questions:
1) Im connected to my network that is capable of HSPA+/HSDPA speeds. But my SHV-E160L is only showing "3G" during data connection. In my other devices like galaxy tab 2, the icon shows "H+". Does this mean that my E160L cannot support speeds more than 3G?

2) Can I overclock my note E160L? Should I install tegrak kernel first? Is it okay to flash the tegrak kernel on top of your cherry Rom? The reason why I wanted to OC because I experienced a little sluggish on some apps.

2) I''ve read in some of your post about "9000Lang" rom. If I wanted speed, smoothness of the apps running, would you recommend downgrading to 9000lang rom?

Im so sorry for too much questions but I only know few who's been giving valuable efforts for SHV-E160 devices. And you are top of that list. Thank you for that. :)

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Hi Dark,

Im running with your Cherry Rom for 5 days straight now and I never experienced any FC, Crashes. Wohoo!

May I ask few questions:
1) Im connected to my network that is capable of HSPA+/HSDPA speeds. But my SHV-E160L is only showing "3G" during data connection. In my other devices like galaxy tab 2, the icon shows "H+". Does this mean that my E160L cannot support speeds more than 3G?

2) Can I overclock my note E160L? Should I install tegrak kernel first? Is it okay to flash the tegrak kernel on top of your cherry Rom? The reason why I wanted to OC because I experienced a little sluggish on some apps.

2) I''ve read in some of your post about "9000Lang" rom. If I wanted speed, smoothness of the apps running, would you recommend downgrading to 9000lang rom?

Im so sorry for too much questions but I only know few who's been giving valuable efforts for SHV-E160 devices. And you are top of that list. Thank you for that. :)

Hi,
I am glad you are enjoying the ROM. In answer to your questions,

1) the frequencies programmed in the modem for HSDPA etc are different in China/Korea , this can be changed using qpst nvram tools but it's not for the faint of heart to do, I didn't attempt it personally as 90% of the time HSDPA was not working here anyway. That's only changed recently. I could also be wrong and it could be as simple as a setting under the service menu, I didn't have a working setup to test on.

2)Any touchwiz/160L/JB kernel will work this includes tegraks JB Mx kernels. Over clock only available on custom kernels, I didn't complete my kernel but I did get tegrak running.

3) a little more tweaking on cherry would help. Kernel etc, cherry ROM was designed to be as close to stable/factory as possible but a little leaner and english by default. Also I was hoping others would take that as a spring board to develop a really tweaked ROM.
There are also tweaks in cherry to revert the system back to factory config as much as possible in terms of using it to get out of boot loops and minor problems.
Bottom line is,
If you want the super smooth then try the 9000lang versions, you may find it suits your needs more.

My old 160L stil runs cherry ROM with it's new and very happy owner.

Regards
Darksp1te

jhoven

Feb 26, 2009
Hi,
I am glad you are enjoying the ROM. In answer to your questions,

1) the frequencies programmed in the modem for HSDPA etc are different in China/Korea , this can be changed using qpst nvram tools but it's not for the faint of heart to do, I didn't attempt it personally as 90% of the time HSDPA was not working here anyway. That's only changed recently. I could also be wrong and it could be as simple as a setting under the service menu, I didn't have a working setup to test on.

2)Any touchwiz/160L/JB kernel will work this includes tegraks JB Mx kernels. Over clock only available on custom kernels, I didn't complete my kernel but I did get tegrak running.

3) a little more tweaking on cherry would help. Kernel etc, cherry ROM was designed to be as close to stable/factory as possible but a little leaner and english by default. Also I was hoping others would take that as a spring board to develop a really tweaked ROM.
There are also tweaks in cherry to revert the system back to factory config as much as possible in terms of using it to get out of boot loops and minor problems.
Bottom line is,
If you want the super smooth then try the 9000lang versions, you may find it suits your needs more.

My old 160L stil runs cherry ROM with it's new and very happy owner.

Regards
Darksp1te

Thanks again Master Dark..I will back up my current Cherry ROM first through TWRP then install 9000lang.. By the way, Im assuming I can install 9000lang rom directly from TWRP recovery right? I dont have to ODIN to ICS anymore?

jhoven

Feb 26, 2009
Never mind dark... I couldn't wait anymore. :)
You're right 9000lang is blazing fast ROM. There are some things I don't like though mostly UI stuff like Transparent status bar, Chinese keyboard etc. But I think these can be easily fix by installing somes tools or apps. Things I need to find.

But I will still definitely keep an eye of your cherry Rom update. :)

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk 4

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Never mind dark... I couldn't wait anymore. :)
You're right 9000lang is blazing fast ROM. There are some things I don't like though mostly UI stuff like Transparent status bar, Chinese keyboard etc. But I think these can be easily fix by installing somes tools or apps. Things I need to find.

But I will still definitely keep an eye of your cherry Rom update. :)

I sadly no longer have my 160L, I sold it onto a friend in need so I won't be producing any updates. I am still supporting the ROM though.
Patching the 9000lang (uh24) ROM is easy with android kitchen , build.prop contains the info required to set language and regions,
English keyboard can be swapped in for the current foreign ones, take swpye for example, just the apk and .lib file added to the 9000lang image would turn it into a English ROM if combined with build.prop changes
If anyone out there in 160x world wants to start cooking a ROM, let me know, I still have my Korean contacts who have always been willing to help, I still have my docs on patching 160 specifics like sms 80 char limit

Darkspr1te

Reactions: jhoven

jhoven

Feb 26, 2009
That's too sad to hear. :(

I'm very noon when it comes to cooking ROMs but I'm very much willing to learn. How about you send me your docs for me to try and start learning. Who knows I maybe able to help more E160L users out there :)

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
i have e160l which has 80 characters sms.
does your rom fix this ?

Yes, the 80 char sms is fixed on this, i altered the sms engine (not the sms apk file) so it was compatible with both 80/160 char sms systems and then added 160+ char support for europe/US (please note that 160+ char fix for asian markets does not work).

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
That's too sad to hear. :(

I'm very noon when it comes to cooking ROMs but I'm very much willing to learn. How about you send me your docs for me to try and start learning. Who knows I maybe able to help more E160L users out there :)

Just check android kitchen on XDA, thats the original source for my research, once you got familiar with apk files and the like and you've got a greater understanding of what/why your altering the code then i can provide more info, although some docs I can only pass onto TTP (trusted third parties)

darkspr1te

Spiewich

Apr 26, 2012
hello everyone, and sorry if i am repeating a reqest or a question, please i need the link to download the ICS stock rom for SHV E160L

NostalgiaZ

Dec 17, 2015
Bacoor
Many Thanks DarkSpr1te!

I would just like to show my appreciation of your work darkspr1te!

From Unbricking my hardbrick SHV-E160L to installing this custom rom of yours and having the SMS fixed. I am having troubles with the SMS for about 2 weeks now until I flashed your rom. There's just one thing I want to tell you:

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-buddy-christ-says-you-rock-dude-bedf3a.jpg

Of course I pressed the thanks button for you! It's just sad to know that you don't have your device with you now. And I was late with the news but I am taking the benefit of your cooked rom and I am loving it. I hope you continue your good work not only with this device but with the future devices that you will develop. You make small people like me very happy with the fixes that you provide.

I really am a fan of you from now on darkspr1te! I hope you read my post so you can see this message from me.

For that will only make me happy.

Godbless darkspr1te. Once again many thanks to this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    {***WARNING****WARNING*** } For SHV-E160L Models Only! You have been WARNED.

Link Online at bottom of post
    Hi All,
    Well i've been working on this for a while and finally decided i would consider release on what is done so far.

May I Present

Dakrpsr1te's Cherry Rom for SHV-E160L on JB JMA3 leak. MB2 NOW

This is a beta/test of my rom,a vast amount of testing has been done on my side, now it's time for the world to join in.

It's called Cherry Rom as it's my first rom ever, From debricking my galaxy Note in November 2012 to releasing my first cooked rom on Feb 18 2013(Actual File will take longer to upload).

For SHV-E160L Models Only, Flash onto the Jelly Bean Leak JMA3
    This is a test rom and not recommended for your daily driver phone, Incorrect usage can and will brick you device, you have been warned and I wont be responsable.
    It is also recommended you factory reset/clear cache via the TWRP recovery before you first boot, see below.
    IF YOU DONT WANT TO FACTORY RESET,DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, TESTERS ONLY.

Part One: Collecting Needed Files NOT for users not on Jelly Bean Leak JMA3

Download Jelly Bean Leak for SHV-E160L from Jelly Bean 4.2.1 ODIN TAR file .TAR.MD5
    Download my TWRP 2.2.3 from TWRP-2-3-1 Odin Flash TAR DO NOT EXTRACT
    Download Odin V3 from Odin V3 NEEDS EXTRACTING
    You also Need latest ADB from ADB-Tools.zip NEEDS EXTRACTING

Extract All zips, each to their own folder, Remember where you put those files, we need them soon.
    Once you have all the files we go onto part two

Part Two: Flashing
    First thing is put your device into Odin Download Mode:-

1. Remove USB & battery, Replace Battery
    2. Hold Volume Down & Home, Then press power, on first vibration release power
    3. At the Screen showing Korean Text release all keys, Then press volume up.
    You are now in ODIN Download mode (Odin in red writing in top left Corner, if the device reboots or does not show ODIN, try again from the battery pull)
    Load Odin V3, and select PDA button, browse to where you extract the Jelly Bean .TAR file ( remember you have to unzip the download Jeall Bean Kies file to produce a dot .tar.md5 )
    (NOTE: some users cannot flash with the .tar.md5 file, some version of odin reject it too, in this case remove/rename the .md5 extension so it's only .tar)
    then select PHONE button and browse to where you placed TWRP .tar file and select that

you should end up with this screen or similar :-
    e8tojn.png

NOTE: I added twrp to phone as the way odin does its flash is as such :-
    Bootloaders flashed first
    PDA flashed second
    PHONE flashed third
    CSC Fourth
    UMS is final flashed file
    so even though the .TAR kies odin flash is written, our PHONE flash file (TWRP) is flashed after, therefore overwriting out factory recovery.img in the ODIN tar file.

Then click Start, when you see recovery.img for the second time get ready to hold VOLUME UP & VOLUME DOWN, When the device says RESET OK, hold down those buttons,
    The device should now boot directly into twrp, from the main screen select wipe, then factory reset. Once factory reset complete press the back arrow (The on screen back arrow, Not device's back button)
    You will now be back at the main screen, now press ADVANCED

Now click on the start menu, type CMD and press enter
    at the Windows C:\ Prompt type
    cd \folder-to-where-you-extracted-ADB-Tools
    then type
    adb sideload "pathtowhereyouextracted-cherry-rom"

An Example
    Code:
    C:\Users\darkspr1te>cd desktop\adb-tools #enter#
    C:\Users\darkspr1te\Desktop\adb-tools>adb devices
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached
    cfcXXXX        sideload

C:\Users\darkspr1te\Desktop\adb-tools>adb sideload e:\cwm-build\Android\releases\darkspr1te-cherry-rom-release.zip #enter#
    sending: 'sideload' 33%

now on your device press ADB Sideload, after a short time, you will get activity on TWRP display screen

Code:
    [COLOR="Gray"][SIZE="3"]*******************************
    Install darkspr1te-JB-ROM
    Beta Rom - Plenty of bugs[/SIZE][/COLOR]

after a short time you will the see the reboot screen, press reboot and we are DONE!!!!

For users already on Jellbean, you can just follow the ADB side load instructions.
    for users with issues's running ADB sideload then you will need to use adb push to transfer the cherry-rom zip file to your phone, in recovery mode /emmc/ is your internal data/sdcard and /sdcard/ is your external sd-card if you have ones installed, you will then just select install zip.

If you are having issues with above instructions, then please read the FORUMS BEFORE YOU POST QUESTIONS THAT ALREADY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!

Well I hope you find my first attempt at a cooked/fixed rom a worth while effort, it's been a good lesson in learning the structure of android, apk, java and more.

Fixes/Patches Log:
    1. deodex
    2. zipaligned
    3. sms fix
    4. water ripple gs3 effect
    5. init.d with domscript v1 (auto zipalign on boot plus others) domscript thread
    6. debloated
    7. installer
    8. boot.img patched for tweaks & init.d
    9. build.prop tweaks
    10. whatsapp
    11. svoice
    12. rooted
    13. su binary
    14. busybox
    15. xda forum reader
    16. photo-editor

known bugs:-
    1. strange Korean icon on desktop, cannot trace to apk
    2. korean dialer

User applied tweaks :-
    Code:
    goto phone dialer
    dial [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]319712358[/COLOR][/SIZE] 
    password is [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]0821[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Select PSVT settings, then IMS PSVT settings,
    scroll to Enable IMS on Wifi and set to 1, this enables Video phone over wifi 
    and disable the "video telephoney over wifi is impossible" message

Dialer Codes:-
    *#2663# touch firmware 
    *2767*3855# [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]factory format do not use[/COLOR][/SIZE] 
    ##DATA# Data config menu
    ##TTY# TTY menu
    ##786# RTN repaired menu 
    *#46744674# set IMSI to  9999
    *#9090# Service Mode , MDM/MSM Uart/Usb selection
    ##8778# PhoneUtil , MODEM/PDA UART/USB
    *#0*# Test menu 1 
    *#0228# battery status 
    ##GPSCLRX# - Reset the GPS
    *#2664# - Touchscreen Accuracy Test
    *#9900# - SysDump

Bug reports/Suggestions via this thread.

Go easy on me, I just popped my Cherry-Rom

Enjoy

darkspr1te

NEW!! ROM!!

LINK ONLINE

SHV-E160LMB2

Darkspr1te's Cherry ROM MB2 for Vanilia Jelly Bean Install's
    I will update the info later, time for bed, it's 1Am here and i wanted to get this out
    This is a beta rom so expect a few niggles, I will produce patches later that will fix the minor stuff,
    Ive not done much in the way of speed tweak, I also recomend you reset to factory, install Jelly Bean .tar file from odin first and then flash this file

It's a multipart .rar file, use win rar to reassemble, the flash the zip file using adb side load
    if you cant sideload then copy to the device.

Recommended Steps For Flashing.
    Put phone into download mode
    In odin select Your valila copy of the kies update and put in PDA option box
    then select the posted TWRP and put in phone.
    click start to flash and watch the progress,
    AS SOON AS IT finishes the flash with writing the second recovery image hold down VOL UP AND VOL DOWN for the reboot, the device is now in recovery with twrp
    you can either do adb sideload (choose advansed on main menu) to apply the patch or adb push and place on the sd-card (Note in recovery the phones internal memory is /emmc and the sd-card is /sd-card , so it you dont have a sd-card inserted you must use adb push filename.zip /emmc/)
    once the file is sideloaded ( or installed via twrp install menu option for adb push users)
    then do a factory reset once more.

Enjoy your Cherry ROM

Cherry Rom Single Download Link updated 26/may/2013

Many thanks to @awesomefireduck for the upload and setting up a place to store our beloved roms.

SHV-E160L Original Kies Rom (AKA Vanilla Rom)
    SHV-E160L Original Kies Rom Mirror (AKA Vanilla Rom)

Latest ADB in 7zip

{***WARNING****WARNING*** } For SHV-E160L Models Only! You have been WARNED.
    reserved for screen shots
    others
    8u6y6umu.jpg

gevezybe.jpg

y2u4yqu6.jpg

y9eva6e6.jpg

6abu3asy.jpg

hyjaty9a.jpg

y2a2una2.jpg

pudabu6e.jpg

depusu9a.jpg

hare2ude.jpg
    Re: [ROM][4.2.1]SHV-E160L-JMA3-Cherry Rom

Ayyeee! a new ROM awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Not compatible with at & t i717.

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk 2
    Many Thanks DarkSpr1te!

I would just like to show my appreciation of your work darkspr1te!

From Unbricking my hardbrick SHV-E160L to installing this custom rom of yours and having the SMS fixed. I am having troubles with the SMS for about 2 weeks now until I flashed your rom. There's just one thing I want to tell you:

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-buddy-christ-says-you-rock-dude-bedf3a.jpg

Of course I pressed the thanks button for you! It's just sad to know that you don't have your device with you now. And I was late with the news but I am taking the benefit of your cooked rom and I am loving it. I hope you continue your good work not only with this device but with the future devices that you will develop. You make small people like me very happy with the fixes that you provide.

I really am a fan of you from now on darkspr1te! I hope you read my post so you can see this message from me.

For that will only make me happy.

Godbless darkspr1te. Once again many thanks to this rom.
    Re: [ROM][4.2.1]SHV-E160L-JMA3-Cherry Rom

Every patch I've applied to this ROM is portable to i717 ROMs too, technically they are the same chip sets, they differ in modems mainly. I've opened up a lot of technical info into the structure of the i717 and its counterparts.
    See my signature for a link.

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair