Poll Added. Please do vote [KERNEL][ZL][KK 4.4]CM11 Kernel with Double tap 2 wake

Are you interested in having a new kernel for CM11? (I just need the count)

• Yes

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

allspark2020

Apr 7, 2012
BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
Odin sounds good :D
Would be awesome to have gamma control :D

Edit: and can you look into the minimum brightness value locking... Its not as low as on stock

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Sorry bro .I don't think we can get gamma control .The thing is xperia z and xperia zl has two different displays(this tipped me into buying the zl. The zl one is much brighter and warmer than the z). alnikki25k from the xperia z threads has written the code for gamma control so all the code was written only for the xperia z's display. That would have been one heck of a job. Now I am not into programming and he's the only guy who can do this . So all we can do is pray _/\_ to alnikki25k. Unfortunately there aren't many zl owners on this forum :/

Reactions: xyge

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
I say you call it S.P.A.R.X Kernel :D

Unfortunately SPARX is a crappy footwear company in India :/ . And I feel everytime I think about the kernel the footwear will come to my mind .Thanks for the suggestions :). Any more alternatives?

Lol I totally understand. I have a couple.

"All-Star Kernel" "2020 Kernel" "S.P.A.N.X Kernel"

Maybe jus for irony purposes you could call it "Nike Kernel" hahaha

xyge

Jun 2, 2012
Mumbai
Google Pixel 4a
Sorry bro .I don't think we can get gamma control .The thing is xperia z and xperia zl has two different displays(this tipped me into buying the zl. The zl one is much brighter and warmer than the z). alnikki25k from the xperia z threads has written the code for gamma control so all the code was written only for the xperia z's display. That would have been one heck of a job. Now I am not into programming and he's the only guy who can do this . So all we can do is pray _/\_ to alnikki25k. Unfortunately there aren't many zl owners on this forum :/

Ah alright.... I was looking around for this in nexus forums, came across discussions of faux's implementation..thought its probably not too difficult.. But cudnt ever get things to work :/

Anyway I'll see if I can find those.. Maybe u can make better sense of it :)

Sent from my Odin using Tapatalk

allspark2020

Apr 7, 2012
BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
Lol I totally understand. I have a couple.

"All-Star Kernel" "2020 Kernel" "S.P.A.N.X Kernel"

Maybe jus for irony purposes you could call it "Nike Kernel" hahaha

lol. spanx......
:p
Actually my sister made a cool bootlogo for odin kernel . If it sounds good enough I can go with that. My friend wants me to name another kernel for s duos as H.A.W.X. so I was kinda stuck whether to have the same name or different ones. He felt odin was weird(the software used to flash sam firmware of same name)

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
lol. spanx......
:p
Actually my sister made a cool bootlogo for odin kernel . If it sounds good enough I can go with that. My friend wants me to name another kernel for s duos as H.A.W.X. so I was kinda stuck whether to have the same name or different ones. He felt odin was weird(the software used to flash sam firmware of same name)

Go with Odin kernel just to confuse those Samesung fan boys! lol

allspark2020

Apr 7, 2012
BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
Ah alright.... I was looking around for this in nexus forums, came across discussions of faux's implementation..thought its probably not too difficult.. But cudnt ever get things to work :/

Anyway I'll see if I can find those.. Maybe u can make better sense of it :)

Sent from my Odin using Tapatalk

I can try doing that but the code written for z is in two files and the code written for zl is 3 files . He replaced those two files of zl with a single file of his own . There is a line in z's code with a comment /*(whatever)RED(some value)*/ .I couldn't find the word RED in the whole zl's file :/

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Odin Kernel with a badass nordish thunder god bootlogo would just be awesome :D
And I would love to have Intelli_plug and Intelli_demand to save a lot of battery :)
Greetings

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
I take my words back about sparx kernel:D I know that crappy brand:D so I dont mind whatever name it I just want to flash it:D one of my favourites

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CokeJunkee

Aug 18, 2011
Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
"Odin Kernel" :good:
Sounds hot!

Or.. "Futhark Kernel" with some runes forming the name Odin as bootlogo ;)
.. ᛟᛞᛁᚾ ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Futhark

Would be nice to use that CM11 kernel on other KK AOSP roms as the new PAC rom starts tonight..

It should be no issue. I use this kernel with cyanogenmod, aokp, and omni. Should be OK with pac too

Reactions: CokeJunkee

xyge

Jun 2, 2012
Mumbai
Google Pixel 4a
It should be no issue. I use this kernel with cyanogenmod, aokp, and omni. Should be OK with pac too

well the latest omni builds don't work too well with cm based kernels....they have made some underlying changes that conflict...and since i switched last, am actually loving omni more :p ... they have added few awesome stuff here and there and performance seems a little better for some reason

@allspark2020 would be awesome if u make the kernel work on both or maybe release the same feature set on both platforms(if time permits of course) :D

Reactions: ATRIXXIRTA

SafiXS

Oct 4, 2011
No news any more? Is the pool counts reason? Waiting for kernel soundmod, GREAT SOUND and LOUDNESS pure

ANKIT RAWAT

May 25, 2014
Awesome work, I also want to add tap 2 wake featyre in mykernel. Can you prefer guide, or help.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The primary purpose of opening this thread is there is no other installer for CM11. If we want to switch between Sony and CM11 ROMs we need to fastboot flash Kernel each time. So to remove that hassle I've created this installer

Features:
    Stock CM11 kernel + Double tap 2 wake by nikhiljan93

Note:
    P.S the latest CM11 ROMs seem to only work with newer GAPPS . I've only tested on PA GAPPS 30-12-13

Downloads:
    d-h.st/KPq

Sources:
    https://github.com/allspark2020/android_kernel_sony_apq8064/tree/cm-11.0. P.S I'll update the repo once I figure out how to use GITHUB

Credits:
    @FXP
    @DooMLoRD
    @Nikhiljan93
    @CM Team
    this kernel support fast charger? ;)

No just wanted what I told you guys in OP. Will try making my own kernel soon. I'll try adding that there
    No news any more? Is the pool counts reason? Waiting for kernel soundmod, GREAT SOUND and LOUDNESS pure

I am quite busy now a days and I am also trying to make a rom/kernel combo for galaxy s duos so I need some time
    Guys I actually started development on kernel for cm11. kinda stuck at choosing a proper name .
    Choices: Odin Kernel
    H.A.W.X Kernel
    Which one should I go with?
    Also any feature requests?
    Depends which part of each country your considering. New York, Boston, Texas, they all have different sounding accents. Here in Canada we have Quebec with French accents, Newfies with jibberish accents, and then the rest of us.. But for the most part our English is identical. Not like England, where almost everything has a different name or meaning.