Having some touch issues.

Search This thread

prichm1992

Apr 19, 2013
Lately, when I power on my device, one of two things will happen.
Sometimes, I'll bootloop. 7 or 8 times. Sometimes it'll bootloop infinitely and I'll have to hold the power button.
Three out of four boots, my touchscreen won't work at all, for pen or touch. I know its not frozen, since the pen nav bar shortcuts appear and disappear normally.

I'm thinking it isn't, but is this hardware based? Or KitKat (which I very much dislike) based?

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using xda app-developers app

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
Lately, when I power on my device, one of two things will happen.
Sometimes, I'll bootloop. 7 or 8 times. Sometimes it'll bootloop infinitely and I'll have to hold the power button.
Three out of four boots, my touchscreen won't work at all, for pen or touch. I know its not frozen, since the pen nav bar shortcuts appear and disappear normally.

I'm thinking it isn't, but is this hardware based? Or KitKat (which I very much dislike) based?

With every update we've had, my touchscreen has become better and more responsive, so unless something went awry during the update, I don't think KK is to blame. Do you use the slide cover? I know that when the screen wakes from the magnetic sensor while opening the cover, sometimes my touchscreen will be totally wonky until I do a quick sleep/wake with the power button. I don't use the cover any more for this reason (along with the floppy nature of the hinge that makes the thing a pain to hold with the cover on).

prichm1992

Apr 19, 2013
No cover or accessories, just stock KitKat, your usual social apps (minus facebook), and a bunch of games. I'm considering, much to my depression, returning it for a shield. RR3 lagged today on balanced, and so did monster hunter freedom unite and survival craft (96 block render)