[ROM] [4.4.4] [Grouper] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Search This thread

danjull

Feb 26, 2011
Athens
EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nexus 7 Grouper builds

EXT4 Nexus 7 Grouper Nightlies

ALL F2FS Nexus 7 Grouper Weeklies

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

TeamEOS Grouper comes with M-Kernel by Metallice.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamEOS Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
danjull, Bigrushdog, Roach
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-06-19
Last Updated 2014-07-26

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
Sorry for dumb question, is this ROM based on ktu84l.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Good to see you guys back again on grouper! :good: The rom doesn't have a ton of features but what it does have, is done very well. For me, the NX gesture nav bar is the highlight feature of this rom...it's a true gem.

I'm not a fan of pie or expanded desktop, because I like to see my physical nav bar at all times. But NX gesture is so cool and fluid, that I'm really enjoying it and I don't miss the physical nav bar. Of course, the nav bar is an option if I ever do want to use it. Great job on this.

Again, good to see you back and thanks for an excellent rom.

@deny_kei

btw, the rom is based on KTU84M

EDIT: Correction, looks like this is built on KTU84L, the display ID is KTU84M.

EDIT: Correction2, the build fingerprint is KTU84L and the display ID is KTU84M. However if it's R1.1, it's KTU84M, as KTU84L is R1. So, since the manifest says R1.1, I would say it's KTU84M.

Anyway, shouldn't matter over the next day or so, as 4.4.4 R1 KTU84P is here. :laugh:

Thanks,
Mike T

Last edited:
Reactions: deny_kei

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Woah. Blast from the past. Kid's got the tablet right now (I put the 4.4.4 image on it), but I am going to try this. One of my all time favorite ROMs.

danjull

Feb 26, 2011
Athens
Propably should update thread title to 4.4.4...

If anyone has a tilapia, I have a test build posted in general. Need to know if it works before we push it to nightlies.

Reactions: webdroidmt

deny_kei

Jun 11, 2011
Jakarta
I ve notice new build include m kernel, can I just dirty flash from previous build?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

twinkyz1979

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I have noticed on the last 2 nightly versions that when i turn the screen off or it goes to sleep for an extended period i can turn the screen back on but the lock screen is always frozen and i can't unlock which forces me to do a reboot via power button with both volume buttons. is this a known problem or am i the only one having this issue?

I have only been using this for a few days so i don't know if it occurs in any of the other nightlies

danjull

Feb 26, 2011
Athens
I have noticed on the last 2 nightly versions that when i turn the screen off or it goes to sleep for an extended period i can turn the screen back on but the lock screen is always frozen and i can't unlock which forces me to do a reboot via power button with both volume buttons. is this a known problem or am i the only one having this issue?

I have only been using this for a few days so i don't know if it occurs in any of the other nightlies

I'm on 7/1 with no issues. Is this with a clean wipe and clean flash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
    NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nexus 7 Grouper builds

EXT4 Nexus 7 Grouper Nightlies

ALL F2FS Nexus 7 Grouper Weeklies

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

TeamEOS Grouper comes with M-Kernel by Metallice.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamEOS Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    danjull, Bigrushdog, Roach
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-06-19
    Last Updated 2014-07-26
    Still not 100% ready, but it's getting there.
    Having some life things going on, so things are moving slow at the moment. But I'm working on getting a separate f2fs build going on the TeamEOS Jenkins server so we'll be getting more frequent builds going for that too. And the EOS updater will work for it too. Might change it from all f2fs to data and cache f2fs, and leave system as ext4 as it's a faster read and not much is written to system. That's at least the team's consensus. I'll run a few tests before changing that too and announce it so anyone won't get bad flashes.
    I was on art old ROM, 19900. New ROM 20960 on dalvic and 21603 on art.

Yeah, that's about what I got too. Nice enough bump.

Might upload an alpha build of lollipop later today. Haven't brought in any eos stuff yet though, so it's more or less aosp.
    Builds will now have m-kernel instead of lean kernel.