[Q] Strange Display behaviour after Coffee Bath

Search This thread

sergioka

Oct 16, 2007
Dortmund
Hi guys,

I did something I never did before. My phone slipped from my hands into a big cup of coffee.
I took it out and put it in rice for 24 hours.

It worked fine but after a while it started to turn its display on and then off again without my help.
I wiped and installed my ROM again and everytime this behaviour begins after a while and couldn't be stopped by myself.
I went to the gym today and listened to music. Somehow, the strange behaviour was gone. I thought that it might have been connected
to my headphones but this was not the answer.
The strange behaviour is not there, when my phone plays music.:confused:

I could generate an audio file without any sound and play it whenever I need it, but there might be an other solution to this.
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bye

Sergioka

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
There is either still some moisture, corrosion or contamination inside the phone; or there was a short circuit caused by the moisture.

If your intent is to fix the root cause, you will either need to dry the device more in rice (24 hours does not seem long enough to me, I would have done longer); or open up the device to dry the inside or clean up any corrosion or contamination (I've seen some folks recommend isopropyl alcohol). But its possible a short circuit has already done the damage, and it can't be fixed.