LG G2 Wont power on (bricked?)

Search This thread
Mar 7, 2014
I have the D803 and I was trying to get KK before the OTA as Canada we never get an OTA.

I rooted the LG, I installed the custom Rom, I installed an updated GAPPS and it wasnt working. I then went and installed another GAPPS overtop and I got stuck in boot loop. After I tried recovery from ADB I tried to restore from TRWP and it didnt take. After I rebooted nothing turned on, no LED, I tried ALL button combinations and nothing comes on at all. I am wondering if the phone died and now will not charge...I started with 60% but the last time i saw it it was down to 15% just thinking maybe it died completely and without any software to boot it wont charge...I have had it on charge for 8 hrs since and still nothing...ADB does not read it.

Please help!

Alexzander

Jul 26, 2009
Bucharest
Usualy is good to have at least 50% battery. Did you tried to charge it trough the wall charger ? Can you enter in download mode ? From fully shutted down , hold vlume up while plugging it to the computer. It should start by displaying Download mode logo. If you get to this point then the device is not bricked, and from here you should be able to reinstall the original 4.2.2(in my case is D80210A_00.kdz, because i have the 802 variant ).

Mar 7, 2014
Usualy is good to have at least 50% battery. Did you tried to charge it trough the wall charger ? Can you enter in download mode ? From fully shutted down , hold vlume up while plugging it to the computer. It should start by displaying Download mode logo. If you get to this point then the device is not bricked, and from here you should be able to reinstall the original 4.2.2(in my case is D80210A_00.kdz, because i have the 802 variant ).

Thanks for your reply,

I did have at least 50% and I believe I blew through the 50% during the process. I tried through wall charger for 8 hours yes Still nothing. I tried entering download mode (I tried all button combinations while plugged into the computer, plugged into the wall, not plugged in). I would love to be able to reinstall the original 4.2.2 This whole process has discouraged me from furthering my Custom rom use lol.

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
Thanks for your reply,

I did have at least 50% and I believe I blew through the 50% during the process. I tried through wall charger for 8 hours yes Still nothing. I tried entering download mode (I tried all button combinations while plugged into the computer, plugged into the wall, not plugged in). I would love to be able to reinstall the original 4.2.2 This whole process has discouraged me from furthering my Custom rom use lol.

We're you trying to install a lg based kit Kat Rom or an aosp based Rom. You say you wanted to get it before the ota in Canada so it makes it seem as though you were wanting to flash an lg Rom but you say you flashed gapps. Gapps are only used on aosp based custom roms

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2014
We're you trying to install a lg based kit Kat Rom or an aosp based Rom. You say you wanted to get it before the ota in Canada so it makes it seem as though you were wanting to flash an lg Rom but you say you flashed gapps. Gapps are only used on aosp based custom roms

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I was installing a custom rom, Mahdi It was not a LG rom. I am sorry If I got you confused here.

Alexzander

Jul 26, 2009
Bucharest
Thanks for your reply,

"This whole process has discouraged me from furthering my Custom rom use lol." Not at all. Just a few days ago I "soft bricked" my phone. I had D80210a and i forgot to update it to D80210e, and went streight to root it and add recovery twrp. Everything was oky doky till i started updating the 10e the OTA way. It just stoped. I had no download mode anymore. But I was lucky enough to still have the twrp recovery . So I used the terminal command inside the twrp . I unbricked it using this command : dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Note that if for some reason if I didn't had any recovery mode my other option was adb . Of course this thrilling adventure didn't stop me to customise my phone.

Mar 7, 2014
Sorry to sound dumb here, I am pretty much a rookie at this stuff I just follow directions well lol.

Where did you use that command?

Mar 7, 2014
"This whole process has discouraged me from furthering my Custom rom use lol." Not at all. Just a few days ago I "soft bricked" my phone. I had D80210a and i forgot to update it to D80210e, and went streight to root it and add recovery twrp. Everything was oky doky till i started updating the 10e the OTA way. It just stoped. I had no download mode anymore. But I was lucky enough to still have the twrp recovery . So I used the terminal command inside the twrp . I unbricked it using this command : dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Note that if for some reason if I didn't had any recovery mode my other option was adb . Of course this thrilling adventure didn't stop me to customise my phone.

I am guessing this was done through Ubuntu Which i do not have. What is the best way to run ubuntu on Windows? I have done some searching and would you think the virtual box (virtual machine) would be best?

Thank you again!

Mar 7, 2014
Is there Anyone in southern Ontario familair with this that wants to make alittle extra cash on the side?

I just want my phone fixed....

DroidDonX

Nov 9, 2012
Monee, IL
Is there Anyone in southern Ontario familair with this that wants to make alittle extra cash on the side?

Have you tried this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142&page=18

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

PM me, I may be able to help you out