HTC Dot View Case

Search This thread

Rolando88

Mar 13, 2010
Guys im from the Netherlands and I can't vind this case anywere why?!!!?!

I want to have the case before my phone comes so I won't damage it that fast :p I know how I im.. ghehe

jayjam99

Jan 28, 2011
Lima, OH

I want to have the case before my phone comes so I won't damage it that fast :p I know how I im.. ghehe

I dont believe Sprint is selling it yet.
Go to Verizon.com thats where I ordered mine from.
It doesnt have a Verizon logo on it anywhere and works fine.

Reactions: penskyc

penskyc

Oct 11, 2011
SoFla

woo! thank you! bene looking all over for this, spend 5 more bucks on some cleaning wipes in order to get the free overnight shipping over 49.00 as the case is only 44.99..

Reactions: integra3g

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Have had the case now for over a day and I do have a few thoughts about it. Purchased at a Verizon store last Sat(none in my area had it in stock apparently) for $48 with tax and 3 day shipping to my home. Color was the grey which I thought went really well with my gunmetal model. Upon putting it on the phone I felt that the fit was spot on. The back snapped right into place and the front flip cover rests evenly on the screen. Functionality of the case is second to none. It works as advertised ranging from being able to see time and current weather conditions to making and answering calls.

Some of the other things that will light up are any incoming text messages and you can also dismiss any alarms that you have set to go off by simply following the gestures. A big question that I had when I bought the case was whether or not that the music playback would be hindered. I'm very happy to report that audio playback was just as clear and precise as if the cover wasn't over the front of the device. Another plus is when you open the cover the phone automatically unlocks and the screen shuts off when the cover goes back on. Thus greatly eliminating use of the top mounted power button.

I felt the choice of the materials for the case were not bad. The rear material certainly doesn't feel like a cheap plastic by any means, but it's nowhere near as nice as the phone's metal finish. The most comfortable way of using the phone for me was to hold the cover with my left hand and use my right to operate the phone itself. Now, I have rather large hands so this could obviously be different if you weren't blessed with such a thing. Folding the front of the case back over the rear proved to be uncomfortable to me. Another downside is the fact that the front cover cannot double as a kickstand when positioning the phone in landscape. When done so, the phone just falls flat on its back.

Overall, I definitely like the case. It has that wow factor to it as everyone I have showed it to have been amazed by it's functionality. The only things that HTC should improve on it is to have the front flap being able to fold back and stay flush on the rear of the device. I also would had like for the front flap to stay open when you open, but the trade off is that when it springs back into position it does a good job of staying over the screen, even in a loose pocket. I noticed no addition use of the screen during the day in Gsam battery monitor. If I were to give it a score out of 10 I'd place it at an 8. Only major cons would be price and certain aspects of holding the device depending on hand size.

I'd have to tip my hat to HTC for coming up with the concept. If anyone has anymore questions about it feel free to ask.

Learoy1

Dec 30, 2012
any chance you could post a couple of pics showing what the case looks like when open and folded back? All the photos i've seen of it don't show this. want to know how much it bulks the phone out.
cheers

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Figured out how to get the case to function as a kickstand. It's simple, but involves needing something else like a laptop or book as a prop. Simply open the cover and fold it over the back of the device. Then just rest the device on the laptop or book of your choice. Then, boom it stays put in place and with the way I got it, the angle is pretty nice for viewing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have had the case now for over a day and I do have a few thoughts about it. Purchased at a Verizon store last Sat(none in my area had it in stock apparently) for $48 with tax and 3 day shipping to my home. Color was the grey which I thought went really well with my gunmetal model. Upon putting it on the phone I felt that the fit was spot on. The back snapped right into place and the front flip cover rests evenly on the screen. Functionality of the case is second to none. It works as advertised ranging from being able to see time and current weather conditions to making and answering calls.

Some of the other things that will light up are any incoming text messages and you can also dismiss any alarms that you have set to go off by simply following the gestures. A big question that I had when I bought the case was whether or not that the music playback would be hindered. I'm very happy to report that audio playback was just as clear and precise as if the cover wasn't over the front of the device. Another plus is when you open the cover the phone automatically unlocks and the screen shuts off when the cover goes back on. Thus greatly eliminating use of the top mounted power button.

I felt the choice of the materials for the case were not bad. The rear material certainly doesn't feel like a cheap plastic by any means, but it's nowhere near as nice as the phone's metal finish. The most comfortable way of using the phone for me was to hold the cover with my left hand and use my right to operate the phone itself. Now, I have rather large hands so this could obviously be different if you weren't blessed with such a thing. Folding the front of the case back over the rear proved to be uncomfortable to me. Another downside is the fact that the front cover cannot double as a kickstand when positioning the phone in landscape. When done so, the phone just falls flat on its back.

Overall, I definitely like the case. It has that wow factor to it as everyone I have showed it to have been amazed by it's functionality. The only things that HTC should improve on it is to have the front flap being able to fold back and stay flush on the rear of the device. I also would had like for the front flap to stay open when you open, but the trade off is that when it springs back into position it does a good job of staying over the screen, even in a loose pocket. I noticed no addition use of the screen during the day in Gsam battery monitor. If I were to give it a score out of 10 I'd place it at an 8. Only major cons would be price and certain aspects of holding the device depending on hand size.

I'd have to tip my hat to HTC for coming up with the concept. If anyone has anymore questions about it feel free to ask.

woo! thank you! bene looking all over for this, spend 5 more bucks on some cleaning wipes in order to get the free overnight shipping over 49.00 as the case is only 44.99..