OTA update for my D855 16GB can't use towelroot anymore

Search This thread

simorangkir_dcs

Oct 9, 2012
Jakarta
Vivo X60 Pro
This morning I received OTA updated for my D855 16GB. Before I proceed the update I uninstall all root application (I am already rooted via towelroot) G3 tweakbox, greenify, trickster, etc.

I have updated my D855 just now now software version says v10e-ESA-XX. After the update I can't no longer root via towelroot, it says "this phone isn't currently supported". The OTA says "Power Enhancement", maybe it will affect battery life or so.

Kinda suck anyway, I can't root my device with this ota update, but I still can revert to previous version with LG flash tool and kdz fle but still looking forward to how this will affect my device.

Evo4gLI

Aug 12, 2011
Long Island, NY
Haven't tried yet, but I read ioroot method and currently no support for 10e yet for D855 and purpledrake method still no support for windows pc. So atm I'll have to stick with stock version :rolleyes:
Or you could read the Purple Drake thread and find the adb instructions right in there, then have root like the rest of us (if it works on that update of course).

Reactions: simorangkir_dcs

Bus Driver

May 9, 2011
Malaysia
Got the same "device not supported" message when trying to reroot after the update but when I check, I'm still rooted! Titanium,Greenify etc etc still works..Looks like the OTA update didn't lose my root! Hurrah for towelroot!

Last edited:

dex.

Aug 17, 2010
mine updated this morning from 10a to 10e.

remained rooted afterwards too. . (ioroot)
did uninstall Xposed framework and deselect "enable superuser".
able to enable both again after the update without issue.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts