CWM installed but not booting

Search This thread

Jupiter683

Feb 6, 2014
New York
Hey everybody! Got a little problem. I am trying to i stall CWM via ROM Manager premium on my rooted Galaxy S4 so I can make a nandroid backup.

It downloads fine from RM fine and says it's installed, but when I boot into recovery, I get the "no command" message for like a second then the android stock recovery takes over. Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? This is really aggravating. I also tried uninstall and reinstall RM but CWM is still there but not booting. I followed all the installation instructions to the letter and it's not working.

Last edited:

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I didn't read that. Thanks for the heads up! Soft bricking is exactly what I am trying to prevent. I just want to make a nandroid backup.

Scroll down in the OP of that thread and you'll see a link to another thread by k1mu called something like "Customizing your Galaxy S4- what's possible and what's not", that will give you info more specific to what you're looking for. Tapatalk won't let me link it for some reason. Good luck

Reactions: Jupiter683

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't read that. Thanks for the heads up! Soft bricking is exactly what I am trying to prevent. I just want to make a nandroid backup.

Scroll down in the OP of that thread and you'll see a link to another thread by k1mu called something like "Customizing your Galaxy S4- what's possible and what's not", that will give you info more specific to what you're looking for. Tapatalk won't let me link it for some reason. Good luck
    I'll give it a look see. Thanks!

No can do twrp or cwm....if u are not mdk firmware. Only safestrap

blasted by TMO G3