[Q] ROM question

Search This thread

Rapydax

Hello,

I recently put a custom ROM on my Galaxy Player. But I want to put a new ROM on my Player. Do I have to remove my current ROM? Or just flash the new ROM with odin, without removing the old one.
I've been searching on google, but I didn't find any clear answers.

Can someone please tell me this?

Thanks ;)

dunca123

Apr 13, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yes, but usually you want to do a factory reset deal with it, before and after flashing to new ROM. If you have a Nandroid backup, all you have to do is an advance restore and restore your previous data without all of the hassle. :)

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Yes, but usually you want to do a factory reset deal with it, before and after flashing to new ROM. If you have a Nandroid backup, all you have to do is an advance restore and restore your previous data without all of the hassle. :)

Factory reset prior to flashing a rom would be enough in my experience... but I guess after wouldn't hurt either... your preference and time...

eljefe0000

Mar 8, 2012
quick question about flashing these players can we put the roms straight to sd card and flash thru cwr or must we always flash thru odin?

shoebomber

Jun 23, 2010
what ROM are you using successfully?

what RoM did you use? Do all hardware features work? (wifi, camera, etc)
Do you have the Player 4 or 5? US Version?

I have the 5" US version and want a newer version of android than the one that came with it. When will 4.0 be available in a custom ROM? Any ideas?

DeLaVicci

Feb 15, 2012
I think he was asking when an ICS port was gonna be available.

So far people are having a hard enough time getting CM7 or CM9 to port to our devices. So if ICS does make it to us, it's still a ways out.

tcb4

Dec 25, 2011
How do you get clockworkmod recovery?

My samsung galaxy player 5.0(U.S. Version) isn't listed on cwm?

RValentinF

Mar 20, 2011
My samsung galaxy player 5.0(U.S. Version) isn't listed on cwm?

You can just flash Entropy's kernel with odin and it'll give you cwm. After you flash just turn it off and hold the volume up + power until it says Samsung, then you let go of the power button and that's it.