OpenRecovery 2ndbootOR v1.2 (SD-card writing fixed; Battery charging added)

Search This thread

papadawgg

Mar 12, 2011
Great build, nadlabak. There are no lags while making a nandroid backup and charging battery in Recovery Mode is very useful. Is it also possible in the next version that the ext partition would be wiped out, if you do a data wipe? This feature is also enabled in cwm and you dont have to use scripts anymore to do this.

rayleigh2010

Jan 9, 2011
noob question.. it is said in the UPDATE 26.09.2012 (2) that I need to update from the previous version.. I haven't downloaded any of the files yet, will there be a problem if I use the latest one?

papadawgg

Mar 12, 2011
noob question.. it is said in the UPDATE 26.09.2012 (2) that I need to update from the previous version.. I haven't downloaded any of the files yet, will there be a problem if I use the latest one?

No. The previous version has a bug and thats why its recommended to update to the newer one. It only affects people who downloaded the previous version.

-FuFu-

Great build, nadlabak. There are no lags while making a nandroid backup and charging battery in Recovery Mode is very useful. Is it also possible in the next version that the ext partition would be wiped out, if you do a data wipe? This feature is also enabled in cwm and you dont have to use scripts anymore to do this.
to wipe ext just open console and type in:
rm -rf /sddata/*

in my MiniMod OR i have include a option to wipe ext partiton... and this weekend i will release a new version based on nadlabaks great 2nboot OR

Reactions: Eiertschik

papadawgg

Mar 12, 2011
to wipe ext just open console and type in:
rm -rf /sddata/*

in my MiniMod OR i have include a option to wipe ext partiton... and this weekend i will release a new version based on nadlabaks great 2nboot OR

I already know this but I just think, it would be nice, if the ext partition gets wiped automatically by wiping data. Of course, it is not something important but it just would be a bit more convenient because it is self-evident that you want your ext wiped out, too, if you wipe your data :)

btw it is funny to speak in English with you on XDA haha

mrvek

Feb 10, 2011
/home
I already know this but I just think, it would be nice, if the ext partition gets wiped automatically by wiping data. Of course, it is not something important but it just would be a bit more convenient because it is self-evident that you want your ext wiped out, too, if you wipe your data :)

btw it is funny to speak in English with you on XDA haha

I do not want my sd-ext wiped when I select "wipe data" option. Only data (configuration settings, etc.) should be wiped. Not my apps on sd-ext. There are other ways to delete those, if someone would want to do so. For me, it's a great feature to have the two separated.

Babis_ECE

Aug 1, 2010
Athens
Once again: Excellent Work..!!!! :laugh:
I just installed it and was speechless when I saw: 2ndboot - kernel restart..!

Hope this is the first step for a custom kernel with radio working..! :)

enrsil1983

Aug 31, 2006
Abruzzo (PE)
Finally Nandroid works on my 32GB card, no need to use a dedicated 1GB card. Great work, as always.

But zipalign menù is missing, I tried copying files from FuFu Minimod but does not appear... please add them or tell me how to do. I play a lot with apk files, so I need zipalign menu.

Quentin himself

May 5, 2009
@Kabaldan

I think I've found a "bug" in OR_2nd Boot (will post it later on the topic if nobody found an answer for me here): I'm using a third-party battery and a third-party USB Wire and my battery seems to NOT charge in OR (maybe disable 1% step battery not ported to OR?) (Status: Unknown and no LED).

It happened to me when I received both new and unofficial batteries, switch to 10% battery step made them charge and show the current pourcentage whereas with 1% step, it didn't work at all! So that's why I guess it's related to the "hack" for 1% step.

Thank you in advance

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Yes, 1% battery steps are not compatible with certain 3rd party batteries, that's why I made it optional in CM ROMs.
At this point, it's enabled in 2ndbootOR.

Please, replace the battd in OpenRecovery/sbin on your sdcard with the attached version and let me know if it fixed your issue, thanks.

Attachments

• battd.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: -FuFu-

Quentin himself

May 5, 2009
Thanks, it's working :) Would like to know if it's normal in OR under battery status to have: "70% raw / 0% fine (charging)" (0% fine ?).
If it's a stupid question, sorry but in France, it's time to sleep ^^

BTW, really big thanks for your amazing work!

Sent from my Milestone using xda app-developers app

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Thanks, it's working :) Would like to know if it's normal in OR under battery status to have: "70% raw / 0% fine (charging)" (0% fine ?).
If it's a stupid question, sorry but in France, it's time to sleep ^^

BTW, really big thanks for your amazing work!

Sent from my Milestone using xda app-developers app

raw ~ standard 10% value
fine ~ 1% value (always 0 when 1% steps are not enabled)
The current battery status is printed in brackets (Charging/Charged/Discharging/Unknown).

Last edited:

koodiifin

Oct 19, 2011
BC
Hi there, great work on the 2nd boot! I have a Unlocked Telus Milestone, but i'm unable to obtain a cell signal with CM7 until I flash the "Canada.zip" baseband. This used to be a menu option in the old Open Recovery. Can I just flash the Canada.zip as an update? Anyone with a Telus phone experience this like me? Thank you!

EDIT:

I just went ahead and put the Canada.zip file in the updates folder and flashed it with this new openrecovery. Cell signal/3g data works again. (P.S. I'm on the Bell network.) So when I flash CM7 the baseband is incorrect for me until I flash this Canada.zip.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No matter what I tried via kernel modules (mmcfix), I was not able to fix the issues with writing to certain sdcards under 2.6.29 kernel (of our 'vulnerable' recovery that we use to start OpenRecovery).
    So I decided to give a try to 2ndboot from 2.6.29 to 2.6.32 kernel under recovery.

Here is a version of OpenRecovery 1.46 that runs under custom 2.6.32 kernel using 2ndboot:
    Download: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone/downloads/detail?name=OpenRecovery_2ndbootOR_v1_2.zip

Fixes:
    - all issues with writing to some sdcards under recovery ("DMA transaction error with device 61" in dmesg)
    - missing huge_file feature of ext4 filesystem under recovery

New features:
    - battery charging under recovery

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

The start of OpenRecovery with 2ndboot takes a bit longer, so be patient.
    You can see a phone reboot during the start of OR under certain conditions - it's intentional, just wait, the OR will start automatically afterwards.

Kernel source: https://github.com/nadlabak/kernel/tree/recovery

UPDATE 30.01.2013
    - prevent watchdog reboot (by automatic reboot of recovery if it was not started via /cache/recovery/command)
    - use 10% battd for better compatibility with 3rd party batteries
    - modversion set to 2ndbootOR v1.2

UPDATE 03.11.2012
    - kernel and 2ndboot files updated (2.6.32.60, L2 cache enabled etc.)
    - patches by justcsdr from issue #773 included (power off, mass storage with complete access to all sdcard partitions etc.)
    - modversion set to 2ndbootOR v1.1

UPDATE 26.09.2012 (2)
    - fixed linker issues - IMPORTANT! please update from the previous version
    - modversion set to 2ndbootOR v1.0

UPDATE 26.09.2012
    - battery charging and status display added

UPDATE 23.09.2012
    - workaround for occasionally non-working adb
    - clean kernel build (no change in functionality)

UPDATE 21.09.2012:
    - fixed backup of logo, bpsw, lbl and devtree partitions
    - added 2ndboot splash screen
    I've uploaded new version 1.2:
    http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone/downloads/detail?name=OpenRecovery_2ndbootOR_v1_2.zip

Changes:
    - prevent watchdog reboot (by automatic reboot of recovery if it was not started via /cache/recovery/command)
    - use 10% battd for better compatibility with 3rd party batteries
    - modversion set to 2ndbootOR v1.2

If the OR was not started via /cache/recovery/command, it installs the command and reboots the recovery first, before executing 2ndboot.
    So if you encounter a reboot while starting OR, it's intentional, just wait, the OR will start automatically afterwards.

Thanks to LuigiC6 for the information from the previous post.
    As dev-host seems to be off-line, I've uploaded new update to issue-tracker site

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmo...nRecovery_v1_46_SHOLS_2ndboot_2_6_32_kern.zip

UPDATE 23.09.2012
    - added workaround for occasionally non-working adb
    - clean kernel build (no change in functionality)
    New version uploaded:
    http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone/downloads/detail?name=OpenRecovery_2ndbootOR_v1_0.zip

It contains important fix for a nasty bug introduced with the addition of battery charge support. Please update.