[SOLVED!] [Q] How to restore FULL stock S4?

Search This thread

TheKeyboardWarrior

Sep 24, 2012
So I've got a rooted, unlocked i9505 on XXUEMKF running 4.3 but I can't get OTA updates because I get the "your device has been modified" pop-up. My question is how can I restore everything to complete factory settings so that it'll allow me OTA updates, remove my root access and run complete stock firmware and the like, I'd also like it to restore my warranty. I've read a few things and they all seem to state that I need to install a stock Samsung ROM, but I always thought that's what I've been running as I haven't flashed any ROMs, all I've done is root the device. It says that my device status is 'custom' but I'd like that to switch to normal too.
Anyone push me in the right direction?

Last edited:
S

speedwayfan75

If you have the superuser app, go to it's settings, scroll down and you will see an option for totally unroot. Try this and if the Ota still not works, make a factory reset. Otherwise you have to Odin flash the stock Samsung firmware.
Maybe this guide helps:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

Last edited:

TheKeyboardWarrior

Sep 24, 2012

TheKeyboardWarrior

Sep 24, 2012
So now I have a stock 4.3 UK ROM official from Samsung, when trying to update from the About Device menu it tells me that I'm on the latest firmware... Has my warranty returned? My Knox counter does shoe 0x1 however, is it impossible to reset? I've tried Triangle Away. I want to send this phone in for a replacement from an authorised Samsung seller, but they're asking me for proof from Samsung that my phone isn't rooted. Where do I go from here?

Zoddex

Jan 4, 2010
San Pedro
So now I have a stock 4.3 UK ROM official from Samsung, when trying to update from the About Device menu it tells me that I'm on the latest firmware... Has my warranty returned? My Knox counter does shoe 0x1 however, is it impossible to reset? I've tried Triangle Away. I want to send this phone in for a replacement from an authorised Samsung seller, but they're asking me for proof from Samsung that my phone isn't rooted. Where do I go from here?

Knox counter cannot be reset. :(