[SCRIPT] Energy XDA_UC Configuration Tools (EXCT) V1.1.1 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yeoldgreat1

Jan 24, 2010
Bedford
Remember a while ago i said i was looking into a way to get BBC iplayer to work on our HD2's? well i did get it going but forgot to save the link with the info (i can be such a dumbass) anyway finally got round to looking for it again and here it is:

• Run Opera
  • Open the Opera configuration screen by entering opera:config in the address bar (no http://)
  • Scroll down to User Prefs and select
  • Scroll down to Custom User-Agent. At the end of the populated text field add sgh-i900
  • Scroll down further and press Save. Ignore the prompt requesting you to reset your device.
  • Visit www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/ in your mobile browser.
  • You may find that on your phone the Custom User-Agent is blank. If this is the case, browse to whatsmyuseragent.com from your Windows Mobile device, and copy the User-Agent displayed here to the Custom User-Agent field, and add sgh-i900 to the end.
I found it here and although it says visit the mobile site the full iplayer site works too. You can't play the videos because we don't have flash but you can download them to the deive and watch them back in coreplayer, media player or tcpmp.

I found this trick a while ago from the Hints, Tips and Tweaks thread, it's similar to yours but you change the User Agent to the Touch HD. The iPlayer video runs in the straming video app.

36. Get BBC iPlayer Mobile Website Working on HD2
The current Opera 9.7 version on the HD2 is not detected by the BBC iplayer website. Here is a modifcation to Opera preferences you can do to get it to work.
HLKM/Software/Opera/Prefs/User Prefs/Custom User-Agent
Change from HTC_HD2_T8585 Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) to HTC_Touch_HD_T8282 Now go to http://bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer. Videos are opened in your Streaming App on your phone.

I don't know if there is a difference between the two settings.

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I found this trick a while ago from the Hints, Tips and Tweaks thread, it's similar to yours but you change the User Agent to the Touch HD. The iPlayer video runs in the straming video app.

I don't know if there is a difference between the two settings.

TBH i don't think there is apart from using the one i found allows the full site to load in opera. I'll have to test the one from the tips and tweaks thread and see if it's better.

Thanks for pointing it out.

robsonr

Jul 24, 2010
First...Rename the folder that has your cabs you want installed to storage card to SDAuto.
Second...UNZIP the attached file then put the file into XDA_UC folder (no sub folder just the main).

This installs the files to storage card without user input!

Thanks goes to the creator of this script I DID NOT WRITE IT, just sharing what others have shared with me!!!:D

Enjoy

Working like a charm :) Thank you

yeoldgreat1

Jan 24, 2010
Bedford
I've noticed a problem with the Wifi settings. If I turn on Wifi immediately after a rom flash, it connects to my router. However if I reboot then it manages to forget the settings and I have to reconnect manually, entering the password again.

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I've noticed a problem with the Wifi settings. If I turn on Wifi immediately after a rom flash, it connects to my router. However if I reboot then it manages to forget the settings and I have to reconnect manually, entering the password again.

i have to say i'm not seeing that issue. it may be specific to your configuration. Check that you have the xml configured correctly and if it is, pm it to me and when i get home i'll check it against mine and see if there is a difference

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I've started working on EXCT 2. It's very early stages but i have most of the reg keys included in EXCT 1.1.1 final coded and i'm just working on how create WAP-Provisioning files from registry data (if it can even be done).

I will be looking for a UI designer and someone to do an icon for it. Also if you know vb.net and want to help, gimme a shout

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I've started working on EXCT 2. It's very early stages but i have most of the reg keys included in EXCT 1.1.1 final coded and i'm just working on how create WAP-Provisioning files from registry data (if it can even be done).

I will be looking for a UI designer and someone to do an icon for it. Also if you know vb.net and want to help, gimme a shout

I used to use Makisu to restore WAP provisioning a while back. It just created a XML file for easy import. Perhaps it would be worth looking into for your update.

In any case, I support you in continuing the development here. WM is loosing all of our good devs to other platforms. We need to hold onto the ones we can.

EDIT: Just in case you don't already have it, I've attached the cab for Makisu, since it is ridiculously hard to find.

Last edited:

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I used to use Makisu to restore WAP provisioning a while back. It just created a XML file for easy import. Perhaps it would be worth looking into for your update.

In any case, I support you in continuing the development here. WM is loosing all of our good devs to other platforms. We need to hold onto the ones we can.

I wouldn't say i was good! EXCT2 is a learning project more than anything but i am the sort of person that starts a project like this because it is hard and i want become the best i can at something. This project has meant that I've had to ask for help from many places. There are a couple of people in the RD forum that are possibly a little annoyed with me and a certain MSDN community support person that has spent more time than is fair helping me out but in the end it will be worth it for everyone.

With regards to the projects status. I've spend the last 10 days working on the XML creation code. I've had a few problems most notably with MS' decision to dynamically name the exchange partner registry keys on a per device basis. This is almost solved thanks to a, frankly, brilliant idea from me and Ultrashot's coding example, i just need to understand his solution and implement it. The other problem was creating the XML file itself without consuming massive amounts of RAM. This is pretty much solved for now in the development version but i have concerns that it may come back to haunt me later in the project as i combine the OMA provisioning development/P.O.C (Proof Of Concept) application with EXCT2.

The registry key side of things will need more work because although it works, the P.O.C version of this side of EXCT2 uses 2 blocks of RAM and that's too much, so i will need to figure out a better way of coding the registry reading to .reg code but this will come with a better under standing of the XML writing code as i have taken a far better approach with that because i understand now that having (at worst) 20+ variables per sub function is very inefficient. You can get way with that sort of thing as a noob coding for the PC but it just doesn't fly on a mobile device. You'll crash the whole OS before you even loaded anything useful.

Also with the XML side almost finished and my UI skills sucking really hard I'm looking for beta testers and graphic designers. Credits will be given and if you really try hard enough i may be tempted to do more for you but no promises. The graphic designer/s will have it hard because i want it to look exactly like it was shipped with all versions of the energy rom (so matching DJC's theme and NRGZ's theme exactly for example) and i would like a bunch of banners made up.

Finally, i am looking for feature suggestions. There are rules to this though. First up if it's in EXCT1 final I'm not interested coz that base is covered. Second, if it's a weird third party app that not many people use, again I'm not interested. Third, if you have a request that isn't one of the above i would appreciates a .reg file with the paths or an example OMA XML file i can work from, in the latter case both the .reg and XML is probably best because the registry paths can be hard to dig out.

On a side note, i know i have lost most of the original user base (all 1500+ downloads) to other platforms but i really want this to be successful so expect an portal announcement when the time is right and expect a call to port this to android and WP7 (if that is even possible. Android may require a complete rewrite to C++). i already have interest from friends for an android port so this is possibly likely in the future.

Anyway, enough of me and thank you cajun for the interest. I don;t want to sound cheesey but you have just spurred me on a little

Last edited:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Every little bit helps, eh? :)

A bit of good news for you is that if you port it over to Android, M$ has made it simple to port apps from iOS and Android. So you at least have that in your favor. I'm very curious to see how this turns out. So far, there still isn't a platform that I am able to move to other than WM. Android is looking promising now, though. In any case, with my HD2 in hand, there isn't much need for me to move on, really, since this device does pretty much everything.

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
Every little bit helps, eh? :)

A bit of good news for you is that if you port it over to Android, M$ has made it simple to port apps from iOS and Android. So you at least have that in your favor. I'm very curious to see how this turns out. So far, there still isn't a platform that I am able to move to other than WM. Android is looking promising now, though. In any case, with my HD2 in hand, there isn't much need for me to move on, really, since this device does pretty much everything.

Again thank you and thanks for the tip. Although, when this is done i may, begrudgingly, move to android becuase of microsoft's decision to kill myphone but in my brief search the other night i didn't find anything that really screamed out to me. I'm looking, ideally, at a CM7 build but i can only see one for the HD2 and that's HyperDroid, even then the lack of screenshots, lack of updates and the almost definite lack of fuctionality that android offers has a voice in my head screaming "NOOO!" and very loudly. I guess only time will tell

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Again thank you and thanks for the tip. Although, when this is done i may, begrudgingly, move to android becuase of microsoft's decision to kill myphone but in my brief search the other night i didn't find anything that really screamed out to me. I'm looking, ideally, at a CM7 build but i can only see one for the HD2 and that's HyperDroid, even then the lack of screenshots, lack of updates and the almost definite lack of fuctionality that android offers has a voice in my head screaming "NOOO!" and very loudly. I guess only time will tell

AmeriCan Android is updated very frequently and sports CM7. I've been using it in my off time lately. It's very stable for daily use. I would suggest that to get a nice feel for what can be done with the platform. It's even better that it makes use of the bckp2EXT function. Basically backing up everything on each reboot so you don't have to reinstall everything all over again in the event of a bad data.img.

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I am proud and Very Excited to Annouce that the XML writing code for EXCT2 is complete in a standalone form (bar one very, very minor bug in the way it formats the output file) and i am now looking for a few volunteers to privately test it.

If your interested please send me a pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: cajunflavoredbob

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I know i'm not posting very often but i've been really busy coding and dealing with some family issues.

I've have completed the xml writer that will be included in EXCT2 and the private testers have reported that everything works really well. So i have spend this afternoon working on the rest of the main export procedures and now for the good news.

I am expecting to have EXCT2 in to provate testing by this weekend and a public beta out by the end of the month. The first public beta will be pretty rough but that's why we call it a beta. The main point will be to get it tested and working on as many phones as possible to ensure that the export procedures work as they should in the many different environments.

New features will be added druing the beta period. I am currently looking at implementing a gesture physics engine and i will then move on to error checking and exception handling. I also expect new export functions to be added as i complete the transfer of features from NRGZ28's current settings exporter and you guys ask me to add stuff.

I will keep you guys posted and if you have any ideas on stuff to add drop me a line. For now to keep you all as excited as i am you will find the latest test version of the xml writer is here or here. Be aware that the UI is not perfect as the code is intended as proof of concept for the registry search method i developed (from scratch).

Anyway, enjoy the little present and get those brains working on what you want added feature wise.

Reactions: cajunflavoredbob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a little project i've been working on and i thought it was ready enough to be released into the wild. Below is the readme file. I think it covers everything for now. Before posting please read the first 3 posts - especially post 3 - if it is obvious that you haven't done this i will not respond with any form of help and i don't not expect any of the users to do so either.

----------

Included with this zip file are several .cab, .reg and .xml files that will automatically configure your NRGZ28 energy rom when XDA_UC runs upon first boot after flashing.

Included are the following configuration files

activesync.xml
    This will configure your MS Exchange settings. Editing with your personal settings is required. Look for the username, server, domain and password tags at the start of the file

aGPS.reg
    Enables aGPS

BackLight.reg:
    Sets backlight to auto. There are some other settings included for dim and light off times when on battery and AC power aswell

bt_ident.reg
    Sets the Bluetooth Identity. Edit the deviceid line to suit

copy.mscr
    Copies files from the copy2root folder to the matching location in device storage. A My Documents folder with My Ringtones and My Wallpapers sub folders have been created already. Place you ringtones and wallpapers in these folders. There is also an application data folder which contains a coreplayer config.xml and a program files folder which contains a myPlayer options.ini. Feel free to create more. Thanks to nrfitchett4 for providing this script.

Del.mscr
    This file will remove all unwanted ringtones, wallpapers and any other files you decided to add. Edit as you need to. N.B any readonly files will need attributes changed before they can be deleted.

DisableSenseVsync.cab
    Disables Vsync in sense increasing the framerate thus making it faster

HD2MemTweaks.cab
    Increase's glyphcache size past the bsb tweaks and advanced config defaults, incrases filesystem cache size and a few other bits. This cab file is optional. Delete it if you don't want it. Thanks go out to g.lewarne for documenting the tweaks

HTCAlbumIgnore.reg
    Stops the sense music player playing ringtone files from \My Documents\My Ringtones\ and \storage card\ringtones. Copy the examples
    if you want to add to it.

M3PH HTC Location Service Enable.cab
    Enables HTC location Service and automatically excepts the TOS

ident.reg
    Changes the phones identity at first boot. If NRGZ28 won't make it sensible i'll make it so we can customise it :). Editing required. this one is pretty obvious

Palringo.reg
    Sets up palringo, sorta, change user@domain.co.uk to your user name and it should show up at sign in. All you need to do is enter your password

QuickGPS.reg
    Enables and configures QuickGPS with the defaults

Ringtones.reg
    Configures the ringtone, sms tone and email tone. Needs some editing but you only need to change the file name for each entry, not the
    path. The Ringtone2 entry allows for second ringtone to be added to the list of usable ones so you change them with too much fuss.
    Also enables flashing light on sms reception for 5 minutes.

wifi_setup.xml
    wifi settings. Edit required. This link should help you set it up (see post 3 for details on how to edit)

M3PH Enable Time Auto Update.cab
    Enables NTP

Volume.Reg
    Sets the volume levels. You can use this one or export your own from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

Windows live.reg
    Pretty much configures windows live. You do still need to enter your password and you will also need to do atleast one manual sync before Sense will create the mailbox on the email tab but otherwise it works

Opera User Agent String folder
    See the readme.txt in that folder

Sense Folder
    If you put your wallpaper in this folder it will be installed as the sense default. Just rename it to sense_wallpaper.png.

Start Menu folder
    Copy Start Menu shortcuts here

----------

If you like this or any of my other work click the "donate to me" link above my avatar

----------

REMEMBER THIS COLLECTION OF FILES IS PRESENTED AS IS UNDER THE GNU GPLv2. IT IS BETA SOFTWARE AND COMES WITH NO WARRANTY OR ANY FORM OF OFFICIAL SUPPORT. I, M3PH, SHALL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OCCUR TO YOUR DEVICE.
    Change Log

Change Log:

1.1.1 Final
    • Removed Keyboard sensitivity tweaks
    • Removed opera memory tweaks
    • Added more palringo settings
    • Added Quick shutdown settings

1.1 Final

• Updated volume.reg to default to seperate system and ring volume controls.
    • Removed all tweaks now included in Energy roms dated nov30 and newer. I will leave v1.0 posted for a while so people that like to install older versions still get the benefit
    1.0 Final

• Added Windows_live_settings.reg. You will need to edit it as prescribed on page 16 but it will work.
    • Added Improved GPS settings.cab. This is untested by me but i trust scabes24 enough to know he's not going to pass on unreliable tweaks
    • Improved M3PH Location Service enable.cab: Added an extra registry setting that should trigger Manila to showing it's on. This is doubtful but even if it doesn't the file does work
    • Added alarm_settings.reg: This is only an example file. You will need to export your own settings but this should be a reasonable starting point
    • Removed readme.txt: It was a habit a picked up from Linux development practices and was pointless for this project
    • Removed time.reg permanently because there is nothing changed in the registry when it is enabled.

--- Pre Final releases

I wouldn't say i was good! EXCT2 is a learning project more than anything but i am the sort of person that starts a project like this because it is hard and i want become the best i can at something. This project has meant that I've had to ask for help from many places. There are a couple of people in the RD forum that are possibly a little annoyed with me and a certain MSDN community support person that has spent more time than is fair helping me out but in the end it will be worth it for everyone.

With regards to the projects status. I've spend the last 10 days working on the XML creation code. I've had a few problems most notably with MS' decision to dynamically name the exchange partner registry keys on a per device basis. This is almost solved thanks to a, frankly, brilliant idea from me and Ultrashot's coding example, i just need to understand his solution and implement it. The other problem was creating the XML file itself without consuming massive amounts of RAM. This is pretty much solved for now in the development version but i have concerns that it may come back to haunt me later in the project as i combine the OMA provisioning development/P.O.C (Proof Of Concept) application with EXCT2.

The registry key side of things will need more work because although it works, the P.O.C version of this side of EXCT2 uses 2 blocks of RAM and that's too much, so i will need to figure out a better way of coding the registry reading to .reg code but this will come with a better under standing of the XML writing code as i have taken a far better approach with that because i understand now that having (at worst) 20+ variables per sub function is very inefficient. You can get way with that sort of thing as a noob coding for the PC but it just doesn't fly on a mobile device. You'll crash the whole OS before you even loaded anything useful.

Also with the XML side almost finished and my UI skills sucking really hard I'm looking for beta testers and graphic designers. Credits will be given and if you really try hard enough i may be tempted to do more for you but no promises. The graphic designer/s will have it hard because i want it to look exactly like it was shipped with all versions of the energy rom (so matching DJC's theme and NRGZ's theme exactly for example) and i would like a bunch of banners made up.

Finally, i am looking for feature suggestions. There are rules to this though. First up if it's in EXCT1 final I'm not interested coz that base is covered. Second, if it's a weird third party app that not many people use, again I'm not interested. Third, if you have a request that isn't one of the above i would appreciates a .reg file with the paths or an example OMA XML file i can work from, in the latter case both the .reg and XML is probably best because the registry paths can be hard to dig out.

On a side note, i know i have lost most of the original user base (all 1500+ downloads) to other platforms but i really want this to be successful so expect an portal announcement when the time is right and expect a call to port this to android and WP7 (if that is even possible. Android may require a complete rewrite to C++). i already have interest from friends for an android port so this is possibly likely in the future.

Anyway, enough of me and thank you cajun for the interest. I don;t want to sound cheesey but you have just spurred me on a little
    Tips and Tricks

What follows are some tips and tricks i have found that i'm not going to include for whatever reason but thought some people might find handy or notes on what settings do what and their options.

Q. Can i delete file xyz using xda_uc because i like to have as much space as possible?

Yes you can. i found this link. All you need to do is create a file in the xda_uc folder with the extension .mscr which contains the following:

Code:
    delete \test.txt, TRUE

or

Code:
    deltree \test, TRUE

Obviously change test to the file or directory you want to delete. For more details check out the provided link above.

Q. The default wifi.xml doesn't match my configuration and i can't find a resource that tells me what are valid values for the options?

A. See this link and this one. As a note if you use WPA2 you need to use <parm name="Authentication" value="6" /> and WPA2-PSK is 7

Q. The exchange settings in activesync.xml aren't how i like them. Can i change them?

A. Sure can! Here's a link to the documentation

Q. I use a [enter service name here] and i want to create an xml file to configure it when i update my rom. Can i do this?

A. Thanks to microsoft developing WAP provisioning to an incredibly encompassing level you can do almost anything. See this link

Q. I want to make a cab file out of all my changes. How do i this?

A. There are many ways but i think this is the best one i've found because it doesn't involve any third party software and is really simple. All you need is the windows mobile sdk, which can be found here. You may also need visual studio but i'm not sure

Making either is very simple. You just pass a normal XML file to makecab and give it the name of the output file you want. The one trick is that the XML file must be named _setup.xml. If you call it something else, makecab will succeed, the CAB or CPF file will be generated fine, and then it will fail with a cryptic error when you try to use it. Beware, the documentation doesn't make this very clear.
    The syntax for making a CAB file is:

Code:
    makecab _setup.xml config.cab

Q. Wow you really do know a lot about this sort of stuff. How can i learn?

A. Well i don't know that much at all really, i just learn fast. Most of the stuff you see here was obtained from or via this MSDN article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc500581.aspx

Q. Is there a way to boost the performance of Opera in terms of memory/speed?

A. Yes, this cab will force Sense to unload when launching Opera, allowing for better performance while browsing. (When exiting Opera, Sense will then reload) (thanks to Scabes24 for this one)

Code:
    [URL="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O5O1RE97"]Enable Opera Max Memory Tweak.cab[/URL]

Q. I've installed the Opera tweak and everything is working fine, but the page loading seems very slow. Is there a way to improve this?

A. Yes you can, the following registry tweak will enable almost instantaneous web page loading in the web browser. It apparently enables wireless N mode but seems to work with cellular data too. Go to:
    HKLM/Comm/BCMSDDHD1/Parms
    11nModeDisable = Change from 1 to 0 (thanks to Scabes24 for this one aswell)

Q. My wifi hotspot uses EAP certification and i can't use it because the phone gives me a certificate verification failure error. What can i do?

This was posted in the energy rom thread

NRG, after weeks of not being able to connect to my work wireless network because I was getting a "certificate is from an unknown authority" error, I finally got it working. Can you add this key to your ROMs?

[\HKLM\Comm\EAP\Extension\25\]
    "ValidateServerCert"=dword:00000000

This is where I found the answer:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...-3ebe003aa996/

Thanks to oppressa for hunting this one down. The tweak is included as an option in EXCT as M3PH EAP Cert Disable.cab

Here are some locations where 3rd party apps store their values. These were provided by angusc

CodeCity Time settings and Key Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CodeCity\CityTime]

Ageye G-Alarm settings and keycode:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ageye\G-Alarm]

Ageye G-Profile settings and keycode:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ageye\G-Profile_v1]

SK Manager settings and Keycode:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\sk\smgr]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:S KSM]

SlingPlayer Login Details:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SlingAccounts]

SPB Language Cards key code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F5C24D33-742A-41BC-BC22-1195BC138ECE}]

SPB Traveller Key Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7D562A74-A69B-45F5-8D1F-20DABDCE2C76}]

SPB Wallet Key Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A79D1B0D-2F6A-4E7E-AF94-5EEBC8BFD684}]

Sprite Back-up Key Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sprite Software\Sprite Backup]

RSS Hub Settings and Feed Storage Locations:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ilium Software\RSS Hub]

SPB Traveller Settings:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Spb Software House\SPB Traveler]

Today Wall Paper Location:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today]

KeyBoard Config by Tarkim (Settings):
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KeyboardConfig]

Resco Explorer Settings:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Resco\Explorer]

Palringo Settings:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Parlingo\Settings]
    I know i'm not posting very often but i've been really busy coding and dealing with some family issues.

I've have completed the xml writer that will be included in EXCT2 and the private testers have reported that everything works really well. So i have spend this afternoon working on the rest of the main export procedures and now for the good news.

I am expecting to have EXCT2 in to provate testing by this weekend and a public beta out by the end of the month. The first public beta will be pretty rough but that's why we call it a beta. The main point will be to get it tested and working on as many phones as possible to ensure that the export procedures work as they should in the many different environments.

New features will be added druing the beta period. I am currently looking at implementing a gesture physics engine and i will then move on to error checking and exception handling. I also expect new export functions to be added as i complete the transfer of features from NRGZ28's current settings exporter and you guys ask me to add stuff.

I will keep you guys posted and if you have any ideas on stuff to add drop me a line. For now to keep you all as excited as i am you will find the latest test version of the xml writer is here or here. Be aware that the UI is not perfect as the code is intended as proof of concept for the registry search method i developed (from scratch).

Anyway, enjoy the little present and get those brains working on what you want added feature wise.