[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
:confused::confused:Hey guys. Been reading thru the thread. I'm on codeworkx custom build with how codecs working and lph radio. I haven't been able to get GPS working at all on this build or any of the previous cm9 builds. Any tips? I know it didn't used to work for many ppl but I see reports that GPS was fixed. Mine never seems to work. The GPS icon doesn't even flash in and out like its supposed to
In the notification drawer it always just says searching for GPS..

Reactions: prox4ion

diegoms89

May 22, 2011
Porto Alegre
partial wakelock

Hi, i found AudioOut_1 wakelock on my betterbatterystats, is it a known bug? or maybe something I installed? 'cause at least in my phone, it causes a lot of partial wakelocks

thanks

Duuuude

May 6, 2008
Hey devs, is there a reason (source code?) why scrolling (browser, homescreens, launcher, etc) is smoother on my Nexus S CM9 than my GS2 CM9? Also, will it get better, not that it is by any means, bad on the GS2.

AndyTang

Feb 1, 2012
I also find this problem , the browser not too smooth , and I find sometimes in the typing coloum , the display disappeared , pls fix it , Thx

rayz93

Aug 1, 2010
Cat City
www.facebook.com
wifi seems to cause a good deal of wakelocks if your not actually connected to a network, so I would turn it off when your not on one.

But yea, battery seems mediocre.........at least compared to this WIUI build i tried out. Basically MIUI V4 beta 3 from WIUI, battery life on that was amazing even though its based off CM9, which I really don't understand. I was getting Gingerbread like battery life/stock roms. I could get around 5 hours of display usage after like almost 24 hours on battery

How did you manage to get that brilliant battery life? Even when i'm on Samsung original 2000mAh battery, from 100%, my CM9 Nightly build 29th Feb goes down 1% close to every hour, lowest screen brightness, flight mode, no BT, GPS and Wifi. As for now, i get 21hr before the battery died, screen on 1hr 52min, betterbatterystat says wake lock is download manager (4min 12sec), in Battery Usage, Android OS is on the top hooking 84% and getting 21hr 43min Keep awake! But funny thing is inside the battery usage graph, i don't see any funny random awake. so what could really be draining my battery?

beastytech

Feb 18, 2012
Brisbane
I had a similar experience on that build. However I'm on the experimental build now and its magic. The battery life is somewhat back to factory standard. Although I see lots of threads about wake locks which I can only assume are issues affecting battery life. I'm therefore confident that they will endeavour to improve this more and more each build.

I reccomend getting off that build. If you don't want experimental at least go to 03032012.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

spirol

I'm having problems with the stock keyboard when typing in Danish, with auto-corrections on. With certain keystroke combinations, the keyboard force closes; eg. when I want to write 'little' in Danish (lille), it force closes after pressing the i-button.

I'm having the exact same issue, also with "lille" in danish :-\

Here is a logcat from a reproduction of the issue: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/alogcat.2012-03-04-04-01-18+0100.txt?w=50081c6c

And btw, i just found out that it also happens with the word "logcat" on the Danish keyboard, so i guess it is related to the letter "L" somehow..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

kalpik

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
:confused::confused:Hey guys. Been reading thru the thread. I'm on codeworkx custom build with how codecs working and lph radio. I haven't been able to get GPS working at all on this build or any of the previous cm9 builds. Any tips? I know it didn't used to work for many ppl but I see reports that GPS was fixed. Mine never seems to work. The GPS icon doesn't even flash in and out like its supposed to
In the notification drawer it always just says searching for GPS..

Download https://market.android.com/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2 and reset your aGPS data. Go outside, and wait for a few minutes. GPS will lock (showing just 2 satellites). Keep GPS on for a couple of minutes. After that, GPS should lock fast in all scenarios :)

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
How did you manage to get that brilliant battery life? Even when i'm on Samsung original 2000mAh battery, from 100%, my CM9 Nightly build 29th Feb goes down 1% close to every hour, lowest screen brightness, flight mode, no BT, GPS and Wifi. As for now, i get 21hr before the battery died, screen on 1hr 52min, betterbatterystat says wake lock is download manager (4min 12sec), in Battery Usage, Android OS is on the top hooking 84% and getting 21hr 43min Keep awake! But funny thing is inside the battery usage graph, i don't see any funny random awake. so what could really be draining my battery?

As i said, it was on the WIUI which is a ROM based off MIUI which is based off CM9. Idk what MIUI/ the guy WIUI are doing, but they somehow tweaked CM9 to offer amazing battery life.

I'm back to CM9 since it's nightlies and battery life is better than before, i'm at 8 hours on battery and 36minutes of display time. Nothing close to what I was getting on WIUI/MIUI, but its better than it used to be. Standby is better but still not that great.

I might go back after they implement the HW codecs in their MIUI/WIUI build and just use an ICS launcher

CM9 is still awesome though, just wish battery was a bit better. It gets me through the day still.......I use anker 1900mah btw, but still nothing compared to samsungs 2000mah. I'd say the anker is really around 1800mah but its good for only $20 for 2 + charger

rayz93

Aug 1, 2010
Cat City
www.facebook.com
As i said, it was on the WIUI which is a ROM based off MIUI which is based off CM9. Idk what MIUI/ the guy WIUI are doing, but they somehow tweaked CM9 to offer amazing battery life.

I'm back to CM9 since it's nightlies and battery life is better than before, i'm at 8 hours on battery and 36minutes of display time. Nothing close to what I was getting on WIUI/MIUI, but its better than it used to be. Standby is better but still not that great.

I might go back after they implement the HW codecs in their MIUI/WIUI build and just use an ICS launcher

CM9 is still awesome though, just wish battery was a bit better. It gets me through the day still.......I use anker 1900mah btw, but still nothing compared to samsungs 2000mah. I'd say the anker is really around 1800mah but its good for only $20 for 2 + charger

Ahh i see, so I'm not the only facing the high Android OS percentage and battery drain, my best record on 2000mAh samsung Battery, CM9 Nightly build 29th Feb, was 1day 2hr 54min idle, 2hr 16min Screen on, 36min Cellular standby, 13min Wifi, the rest are mostly screen off and flight mode. Battery died after than in a single charge from 100% to zero.

pjthefarmer

Mar 4, 2012
I tried installing the latest nightly build to my S2 (i9100P), via CWM, but it won't flash. I keep getting a '(Status 7)' error code, right after it lists other various S2 model types (i9100P) not included.

My guess is that the i9100P model is not compatible with the CM9 builds. Would that be right?

If so, is there any way around this? Maybe a workaround of some sort.

If not, how do I go about requesting that this is added to future builds?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Last edited:

pjthefarmer

Mar 4, 2012
i9100p is completely different from our GT-i9100..........they have separate ROMS and such I believe. Yea CM9 doesn't work on it. At least i don't think it does

Oh no, hope that's not the case! I'd hate to be left out of all the CM9 builds just because my model has NFC.

I've heard of some people editing the 'updater-script' to solve this but I can't find anywhere where the process is described. Just read someone mentioning it in a previous thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p