Verizon VK810 rooted and TWRP

Search This thread

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
It's actually up to LG from what Verizon says...
it's actually up to Google from what LG says...
Google is closed for the night...

CALL About Update!!!!

1-650-253-0000

Every Call Helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, its not Google's job

Its lg's job. Seeing that they were willing to update the v500, shouldn't be a problem to update the vk810.

All updates for Verizon devices must go through Verizon "testing" (more like b.s. time wasting procedure). Most likely Verizon is taking its sweet time "testing", or they told lg that they won't waste time approving updates(why? Force the user to buy a new tablet with new android is) and stop supporting the vk810

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Um, its not Google's job

Its lg's job. Seeing that they were willing to update the v500, shouldn't be a problem to update the vk810.

All updates for Verizon devices must go through Verizon "testing" (more like b.s. time wasting procedure). Most likely Verizon is taking its sweet time "testing", or they told lg that they won't waste time approving updates(why? Force the user to buy a new tablet with new android is) and stop supporting the vk810

That's true. Or LG could have told them not to update because there are new GPads coming out soon and they want us to buy that instead.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I Know...

Um, its not Google's job

That was what I figured There was some sarcasm there in my post, but i figured it couldnt hurt if people where calling asking for the update.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

That was what I figured There was some sarcasm there in my post, but i figured it couldnt hurt if people where calling asking for the update.

They did say that google has to contact them with the update

razgriz8426

Mar 1, 2011
For some reason I can't post in the development forum for CM11, but I would be willing to put up to $20 bounty for a stable fully-functional CM or AOSP build for the VK810. Maybe if we get together a few $100, we can get some more effort put into it.

joeminati

Dec 23, 2009
For some reason I can't post in the development forum for CM11, but I would be willing to put up to $20 bounty for a stable fully-functional CM or AOSP build for the VK810. Maybe if we get together a few $100, we can get some more effort put into it.

I second this... I chip in another $20 towards the bounty

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

sshanky

May 29, 2009
I guess nothing that works on the non-LTE version of the G Pad 8.3 will work on our Verizon ones, right? For example, if I didn't care about the cellular radio functionality, could I use some form of root or ROM that works on the non-Verizon variant?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Checking in. have any of my fellow vk810 users found a rom that works?

Keep an eye out here and in the G Pad 8.3 Android Development in general. I think @N00b-un-2 is working on it, but it's going to be a lot of work to do it the right way, which he's trying to do, so it might be a while.

N00b-un-2

Jan 29, 2011
Glendale
ryancuda.blogspot.com
Keep an eye out here and in the G Pad 8.3 Android Development in general. I think @N00b-un-2 is working on it, but it's going to be a lot of work to do it the right way, which he's trying to do, so it might be a while.

I have poked around at the code, but I've been very limited on time lately. Rest assured, I am working on it, but don't expect anything new any time soon. I am also working on CM12, but I'm basically coupling my efforts with the device tree with that project. As it stands we have a working ROM (except GPS and 4G) on the most modern KitKat sources.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I have poked around at the code, but I've been very limited on time lately. Rest assured, I am working on it, but don't expect anything new any time soon. I am also working on CM12, but I'm basically coupling my efforts with the device tree with that project. As it stands we have a working ROM (except GPS and 4G) on the most modern KitKat sources.

I've been feeling better just knowing that someone was dev'ing for the vk810. I took some VERY noobish (dev-wise) stabs for both the S3 and G3 since I wanted to be able to get my feet wet with someone known to work for someone.

To be clear, I don't expect anything from you - not in a negative way, but I know how some people can seem so entitled and I feel I have to be the opposite. Inside I jump up and down but outside I just keep solemnly hopeful. LOL. I also have partook of many a dev's works, quite a bit during times there was no way I could donate. The S3 was the first phone I had where I was able to fully donate to anyone who would accept it that I definitely wanted to. I hadn't been working for a while before that. I still have to catch up with all the G3 and vk810 devs for donations from the holiday season and other expenses.

Thank you for the update, and thanks for working on it!

Top Liked Posts