[Q] Hard Bricked Tmobile Galaxy S3?

Search This thread

lampardd

Oct 2, 2012
Yes, I too hard bricked my t999 but funny thing is I've didn't flash any roms. :( Here's what happened, I was already on Wicked V5 rom, I went to the galaxys3root.com and downloaded MIUI for Tmobile gs3. When I tried to restart my phone to recovery mode the phone just turned off and never turn on again. Someone please help me. I don't really have time to send my phone to Texas, does anyone know any other ways to fix this? Is there service around NJ or Philly area?

funziebear

Mar 28, 2011
cali
Have you done all the usual? Pull battery wait a few put it back in and try to get into recovery or download mode?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
Arent u able to get into download mode? Seems like you havent flash another s 3 rom so you should be able to get into download mode.
I had dome several stupid thing on phone and thought it bricked but I was able to get working.

lampardd

Oct 2, 2012

Arent u able to get into download mode? Seems like you havent flash another s 3 rom so you should be able to get into download mode.
I had dome several stupid thing on phone and thought it bricked but I was able to get working.

Yes, I didn't flash any roms, at least any wrong ones, I've only downloaded the miui for tmobile version but phone turned off when I tried to reboot into recovery, I've tried to boot into download by taking out battery and pressing volume down+home+power and plugging battery but nothing happens..

Last edited:

chrisram88

Oct 28, 2009
san dimas (Los Angeles)
Yes, I didn't flash any roms, at least any wrong ones, I've only downloaded the miui for tmobile version but phone turned off when I tried to reboot into recovery, I've tried to boot into download by taking out battery and pressing volume down+home+power and plugging battery but nothing happens..

Have you tried recovery?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

android88

Jan 21, 2012
Send it for JTAG repair or use a jig. Your phone might not be bricked, but there is something wrong with it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Is it plugged in when you try to power on? Try it both unplugged and plugged if you havent already.
Also try holding power for about 10-20 seconds.

lampardd

Oct 2, 2012

Yup that's a brick... Search qhsusb and see all the threads related. They are all bricks. Nothing you can do but jtag. Jig won't fix it.

Okay, but is Texas the only place to get the phone fixed, no one else in US knows how to do this jtag thing besides mobiletech who's 2000 miles away from me?

Last edited:

rekamyenom

Sep 20, 2010
Clearwater
Yes, I too hard bricked my t999 but funny thing is I've didn't flash any roms. :( Here's what happened, I was already on Wicked V5 rom, I went to the galaxys3root.com and downloaded MIUI for Tmobile gs3. When I tried to restart my phone to recovery mode the phone just turned off and never turn on again. Someone please help me. I don't really have time to send my phone to Texas, does anyone know any other ways to fix this? Is there service around NJ or Philly area?

Same issue here! Any help?

Mr_Jay_jay

May 8, 2012
Chi-Town!!
Same issue here! Any help?

so it seems that the common issue here is that u both downloaded MIUI from the same wepage... I would think a malicious download... and in all Honesty I had bad experiences the guy's tut.... (with the guy running the site) I dunno I dont want to point finger or nothing but 2 people with same problem?? I suspect treachery afoot... lol

scratch that... I scanned MIUI Zip file and it contained no threats... so I'm guessing a hardware mulfuction?? or simply u got a bad phone.

Last edited:

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Try Samsung warranty since you can't get into download mode they shouldn't know it's rooted. I wouldn't say this is a user error since you didn't even flash a rom

razielpr

May 30, 2011
maunabo
Try Samsung warranty since you can't get into download mode they shouldn't know it's rooted. I wouldn't say this is a user error since you didn't even flash a rom

And you think Samsung won't have a way to enter download mode and see the counter? it's there hardware they know it better than we do.

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Boricua 100%

lampardd

Oct 2, 2012
I gaved up on trying to fix it myself. Send your phone to mobile tech videos, guy did a great job. However I found another person on eBay the other day with high ratings who also does the jtag for only $30. (mobiletech was 60). Good luck

samg77

Jan 23, 2012
And you think Samsung won't have a way to enter download mode and see the counter? it's there hardware they know it better than we do.

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Boricua 100%

Dont you have regular tmobile warranty? the phone wont power on, no water damage, sounds like a clear cut case of getting your phone swapped out for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All those with issues should take a look at my solution to a hard brick that I caused and fixed. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439367

Any questions please post them in that thread so that we can get all possible questions and answers in the same location.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Let me put it this way:

1. Can you get to download mode?
    2. Can you get to recovery?
    3. What happens when you connect the phone to the PC? Do you get "qhsusb_dload" in the device manager?

If the answers are, "No", "No", and "Yes", chances are you've got a pretty cool Samsung brick on your hands and will need JTAG service.

JTAG is no needed if you are able to follow my instructions in my post :D
    All those with issues should take a look at my solution to a hard brick that I caused and fixed. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439367

Any questions please post them in that thread so that we can get all possible questions and answers in the same location.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

JTAG is no needed if you are able to follow my instructions in my post :D

+1... dual boot ubuntu or run off a live cd and try this before sending it off. If anything happens to my phone, this is the route I'd go before sending my phone off.
    Yeah I know exactly what your going through as well. My SGH-T999 is bricked bad. I flashed an international ROM on it and now nothing is working. I know everyone on here is saying Jtag is necessary but i have seen a few threads where a usb jig will fix it depending on how bad the brick is. I bought a usb jig a few days ago on ebay and still waiting for it to come so i cant confirm anything. I have also seen a video of a man with the same situation as me except with the sprint galaxy s3 use a usb jig and it worked flawlessly. Hope you guys get your Galaxys fixed. Have a great day:victory:

galaxys3modder.webs.com

Did you happen to see my previous post?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4