[Q] Stock 4.04 OTA update?

Search This thread

jthatch12

Mar 24, 2012
Florida
Wonder if this has NFC enabled (doubt it) or if it will be easier to use the NFC enabler from the ported section since the 4.0.3 version wasn't working. Fiancee wants to tension as close to stick add possible, but wants NFC to beam stuff, lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Haha! I'll look into it

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: j510 and jrod091

jeboo

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2010
Just dump the modem partition using dd. Check one of the modem zips for the exact partition.

j510

Mar 16, 2012
Just curious if the brick bug was taken care of from samsung? I know international s2s 4.0.4 roms still had the brick bug. + is NFC enabled?

shednik

Oct 23, 2012
Just curious my phone is running the stock but with the siyah kernel, I thought I wouldn't get these updates any longer. It seems to continue to pop up and I have to keep clearing it. Will I lose root by updating? I'm assuming I would.

jrod091

Feb 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Just curious my phone is running the stock but with the siyah kernel, I thought I wouldn't get these updates any longer. It seems to continue to pop up and I have to keep clearing it. Will I lose root by updating? I'm assuming I would.

Think you need to be on stock kernel for it to actually update, otherwise it will only download, but fail

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

RocketSled

Dec 10, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Think you need to be on stock kernel for it to actually update, otherwise it will only download, but fail

I don't suppose anyone knows for certain? I have the same question re: my phone and Siyah ICS. But I use this for work. I can't afford to find out the hard way that it'll cause a problem.

I suppose I could freeze the device update app and get the message to go away. But it's quite intrusive. Comes up after unlock, and sometimes appears to grab focus for no reason at all. I have to get rid of it...

Thanks in advance for any hard data!

jrod091

Feb 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I don't suppose anyone knows for certain? I have the same question re: my phone and Siyah ICS. But I use this for work. I can't afford to find out the hard way that it'll cause a problem.

I suppose I could freeze the device update app and get the message to go away. But it's quite intrusive. Comes up after unlock, and sometimes appears to grab focus for no reason at all. I have to get rid of it...

Yeah, the update will download, but it will fail when applying the update. Not from personal experience, read it in this or the other 4.0.4 ota thread. Freezing it would probably be best

Edit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35690469

Start at that post and read the next few

Reactions: RocketSled

shednik

Oct 23, 2012

I'm assuming you're referring to the 'Device management' app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...

This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...
    Screenshot_2012-12-19-15-13-39.png
    its the SGH-I777.
    Wonder if this has NFC enabled (doubt it) or if it will be easier to use the NFC enabler from the ported section since the 4.0.3 version wasn't working. Fiancee wants to tension as close to stick add possible, but wants NFC to beam stuff, lol

Haha! I'll look into it

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
    Think I found a small glitch in the weather display on the lock screen. It don't usually get that hot down here until at least February.
    Chainfire's Root exploit app will take this from bone stock to fully rooted in seconds. This OTA has the recently found exploit vulnerability in Exynos devices, apparently. Check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297 Its the easiest root setup I've EVER done.