[MOD] NFC Screen Locked/Screen Off Versions Updated on 8th Oct

Search This thread

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Glad its all working well. When samsung release a new updated rom, I will create an updated nfc mod and I will post on this thread.

As I said before the screenoff version has been solid for 4 days and very little battery drain. Which has shocked me.

Same here no issues or extra battery drain at all :good:
I'm very happy with this mod.

Reactions: OptimalKiller

fmark

May 7, 2006
Just wanted to let everybody interested know that I successfully tested this mod on my Canadian SGH-I337M version with rooted stock I337MUMUAMDJ rom.

1. Back up /system/app/NfcNci.apk and NfcNci.odex files.
2. Extract NfcNci.apk from XXUAME2-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip (from the first post)
3. Copy extracted NfcNci.apk to /system/app/
4. Change NfcNci.apk permissions to 644
5. Reboot into Recover and clear Cache and Dalvik cache
6. Reboot the phone

Thanks to the OP ! I just hope this mod does not kill the battery. Now NFC is a real joy in the car :)

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Just wanted to let everybody interested know that I successfully tested this mod on my Canadian SGH-I337M version with rooted stock I337MUMUAMDJ rom.

2. Extract NfcNci.apk from XXUAME2-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff.zip (from the first post)
4. Change NfcNci.apk permissions to 644
5. Reboot into Recover and clear Cache and Dalvik cache
6. Reboot the phone

Thanks to the OP ! I just hope this mod does not kill the battery. Now NFC is a real joy in the car :)

Nice one fmark,

Glad its working on your phone, I doubt you will notice any battery drain, but you also could you the lockscreen version if you do experience any issues.

If you are happy that its working please feel free to post a link to this thread for other users as well

Many Thanks

Optimal

Franqy

Aug 11, 2011
hello I have a question this mod also serves to the MDN version I'm very interesadoen the.

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
It should be fine make a backup of the nfcnci.apk and nfcnci.ofex if it exists which is located in the /system/app folder and flash the mod.

If it does not work let me know.

Cheers

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

quack3d

Apr 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
I flashed XXUAME2-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip with CWM, but I still have to unlock the device before NFC works.

I have XXUAME2 rooted with CF-Auto-Root, odexed. That should be enough, right?

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Hi quack3d. Can you check the screen off version to see if that works. Let me know how it goes.

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505

Last edited:

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Ok can you try this version for me fist

Main OP updated the CWM script, to remove the odex files if using an odex rom

if that fails try the manual method.

COPY & PASTE PROCEDURE from @fmark post
2. Extract NfcNci.apk from XXUAME2-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Lockscreen.zip
4. delete NfcNci.odex from the /system/app if it exists
5. Change NfcNci.apk permissions to 644 change owner to root and root if using root explorer
6. Reboot into Recover and clear Cache and Dalvik cache
7. Reboot the phone

Sent from my GT-I9505

Let me know which method worked for you if it does.

Last edited:

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Yeah, new version worked. :good: I see now that the old tried to delete the wrong files.

Yes, it would not have been an issue, if you was using deodex rom the file would have been replaced. but becuase your using an odex rom the odex file was not deleted.

I have updated the two versions on the main posts with the correct files to remove, it was an old hang up from SGS3.

Glad you got it working/

Optimal

Last edited:

quack3d

Apr 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
That makes sense.

However, I'm getting a bunch of "NFC payment failed" just from reading a NFC chip that's set to read out the time loud. It also doesn't read it out when screen is locked (only the NFC sound plays) and freezes the device when I unlock.

EDIT: In NFC Retag I changed it to starting an app instead, but I get errors saying "Unexpected error..." and it sometimes freezes the device.

EDIT2: Cannot reproduce the error nor the freeze anymore. Not sure what happened. Everything looks to be OK now. A bit worried about the "NFC payment failed" that showed up a few times though. Any chance the NfcNci.apk you used could contain some naughty code?

Last edited:

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Hi quack3

No chance of any naughty code. The most common problem is that you have 2 programs conflicting each other. Look for a program called tags.apk and tags.odex back them up first then delete them. I cant help with the nfc payment as its not available in the uk.

But as you can see the program works. If you feel uncomfortable using the program. Please remove it.

The choice is yours.

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505

flash3d

Aug 2, 2010
Sorry for the delay but I promised to report back :).

Mod is working perfect and there is no noticeable battery drain (using the always on version).

Thanks again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

OptimalKiller

Jul 6, 2010
UK
Hi fladh3d

All feedback is very much appreciated glad its working well for you.

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Folks

This is a mod NFC service that runs at boot. It allows you to scan NFC tags either with the screen totally off, or with the screen on but still at the lockscreen. By default nfc will not work unless the screen is on and unlocked. download one of the zips below, and flash it via recovery (tested with Omega Rom). To restore to stock, just pick the stock version.

Also build JUBMG3 and onwards has a further feature which allows NFC payments to work on deodex roms. credits to romracer, for the original mod to disable the signature checking

any feedback appreciated.

Remember to backup before flashing. for that just it case situation.

Enjoy Optimal

p.s. remember people that leaving the NFC on all the time can leave you phone open to security breaches. so please be careful when using this mod.

Updated to include XXUBMF4 build 20/06/2013 (Removed)
    Updated to include XXUBMF8 build 24/06/2013 (Removed)
    Updated to include JUBMG3 build 17/07/2013
    Updated to include XUBMGA build 21/07/2013
    Updated to include XUBMG1 build 25/07/2013
    Updated to include CUAMF3 build 05/08/2013 for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Updated to include TMobile screenoff version for niccuany and other TMobile S4 Users 07/08/2013
    Updated to include XUBMH1 build 30/08/2013
    Updated to include XUBMG4 build 06/09/2013
    Updated to include CM 10.2 build 08/09/2013
    Updated to include PacMan 4.3 build 08/09/2013
    Updated to include XUDMH8 build 13/09/2013
    Updated to include pACmAn Rom build 4.3-eng.build.20131001
    Updated to include XXUDMI1 build 08/10/2013

MI8 will follow shortly :laugh:
    Ok will take a look this week. I always found the screen of version did not work after a while. Thats why I never used it. But if there is a need I will try to port it accross.

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    No need to apologise, you're doing a great job here for us.

Now where's my modded nfc! :p

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Will work on it this weekend but my machine is not 100% healthy but I have just done my first update for Omega Rom build :D

Hello to all,

my wife have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and she want to use NFC. She hast a Custom Rom on the phone. It is the CyanogenMod 10.2.
    I have a S4 and for a week I get the Info I should take "CM102-ODEX+DEODEX-NFC-Screenoff"

Can I take this Version for the S3 too?

Thank you for your help....

This mod will not work on the S3 as this is based upon Android 4.2.2 and the S3 is still on 4.1.2 I used to do the mods on S3. If I get time and my Laptop does not die again I will try and give it ago, but I have a backlog of updates to do :crying:

Updated OP to include BMH1 build. I hope my lappy holds out.

Optimal
    Update.

Going to be releasing a new version of nfc mod which will hopefully will resolve the nfc payment issue.

It's being tested. Hopefully might be able to release it tonight on this thtead as a beta release.

Optimal

Sent from my GT-I9505
    The app that crashes with the NFC payment error message is com.samsung.android.walletmanager with a SecurityException: Client module is tampered.

This happens when it tries to start receiver com.samsung.android.walletmanager.receiver.NfcStateChangedReceiver.

Will test if flashing to the stock NFC helps.

I have been checking the coding, I think I have found the problem, but on how to resolve it I am playing around still, Looks like dear old samsung has introduced lots of security features on the wallet and NFC modules.

A couple of things I have noticed that is different compared to SGS 3.

They have started to use signatures and to see if the rom has been tampered with, so the signature checks to see if the nfc has been modded, but not also that, it also checks to see if the files have been deodex or odex. It looks for particular odex files, if they are missing or the signature does not match it will classify the nfc and wallet as tampered, therefore I think it blocks the wallet from working. I think its more to do with payment transactions.

Since we don't have it in the UK it has not been an issue, As I only use nfc to do other stuff not payment transactions.

I will try to play with the coding to remove the check, but my skills are limited in terms of smali, but I will give it a shot.

Optimal