Philz Advance Recovery Help

Search This thread
Jan 9, 2014
So after sooo much work to get my phone unlocked a rooted, What now?

Ive found the "Begginners Guide" post on this forum and i will be following that guide to download and install the basic things like Titanium Backup, Rom toolbox and stuff, but what am i suppose to use the CWM for? Its really confuzing for a first time user.

It goes on alot about backing up. how do i back up my device in the stock state? as it is now... as a fresh install. so when i mess it up i can just revert back to this state?

Is there a tutorial or something to teach me how to use Philz Advance Recovery so i dont have to ask loads of questions on here.
Thanks

*Managed to find a Tutorial on this website through Google* (sorry for wasting a thread)

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
The CWM it's a recovery. With a recovery you can flash stock or custom kernels to the phone or anything to modding your phone. The recovery it self is very useful because you can backup all the partition of your phone and restore the entire system if you reach a point of no return, than mean a big problem with the OS. I didn't see any giude for using the recovery but should not be so difficult, just read the options.