[Q] A500 Android Screen Bootloop

Search This thread

clubbs

Jan 4, 2011
Hawaii
I have an Acer a500 8gb version which I bought and gave to my girlfriend. It was on ICS stock. Stock everything, never rooted. Recently it ran out of battery and now when it only loads into the android screen and bootloops there.

I have tried the software reset button press and rotation lock method without any luck. it just says Erasing Userdata.. Erasing cache... blacks out and reboots back into the bootloop.

I have tried the update.zip methods with the three remaining roms I could find on the stock firmware forum but every time I try each one, it just loads with the red exclamation with the android laying down.

Was going to try flashing the EUU one, but I can't seem to get my CPUID as blackthunders A500 manager needs to have USB debug on, which I don't think was set before the tablet went bad. Just wanted to see what my options are as I am feeling a bit stuck right now. I have been searching the forum pretty tirelessly, but it is getting hard to figure what choices I have left. Any help would be much appreciated.