[Q] Updating the Gear one from Samsung

Search This thread

darkcyber20

Feb 3, 2011
Is there not a way to update the Gear One through (via) Samsung? I have checked their web site and I do not see a new update for my version Gear: V700XXUBNA6.

All the third party links I have found so far show it will take hours to download the file. How can it be updated directly from Samsung?

darkcyber20

Feb 3, 2011
Are you looking to stay on Android or upgrade to Tizen?

Look through this site: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-V700

It lists all the firmware versions, including Android as well as Tizen firmwares.

I do not recommend using Samsung Kies, as I find it too problematic. I recommend using ODIN 3.09.

I want to upgrade to the new Tizen. When I go to Samsung's web site and select wearables and then select the Gear I can find the SM-V700 series, like mine, but it does not list V700XXUBNA6, which is what mine is.

The new Tizen firmware is rootable...correct? And will it work with my Note 3 which is rooted running Hyperdrive RSL7 (4.3)?

I have about 5 minutes left on my download of the Tizen firmware from a third party site...hopefully it will make it :cowboy:

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I have never used Samsung's websites to update my Samsung devices, and I have 4 currently, and about 8 in total (have sold or returned the other 4). The wonderful devs and users on this forum are very helpful, they have way more knowledge than Samsung's website, and they are more than help to lend a helping hand. :D

Don't worry about your current android version, the new Tizen can be upgraded from any Android version. Iike I said before, I'd recommend using ODIN instead of Kies. Check other threads in this forum, there are ones that discuss how to upgrade to Tizen with ODIN. The thing I do suggest is to make sure you read and understand the instructions before trying.

darkcyber20

Feb 3, 2011
I have never used Samsung's websites to update my Samsung devices, and I have 4 currently, and about 8 in total (have sold or returned the other 4). The wonderful devs and users on this forum are very helpful, they have way more knowledge than Samsung's website, and they are more than help to lend a helping hand. :D

Don't worry about your current android version, the new Tizen can be upgraded from any Android version. Iike I said before, I'd recommend using ODIN instead of Kies. Check other threads in this forum, there are ones that discuss how to upgrade to Tizen with ODIN. The thing I do suggest is to make sure you read and understand the instructions before trying.

OK, Thanks!

I found the thread about rooting the Tizen update. I have just finished downloading the img file and going to grab the other stuff and upgrade mine tomorrow.