[Q] Can an S-OFF Desire help any dev's? I have one now.

Search This thread

neoKushan

Nov 7, 2008
Warrington
I'm sure someone had a desire with S-off in the past that turned out to be no use to anyone? Oh well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this anyway, exciting stuff!

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
@djmcnz: if you actually want to be of any help to this community you would be best to do what Kali- said and message IEF otherwise you are wasting everybodies time with this thread.

neoKushan

Nov 7, 2008
Warrington
@djmcnz: if you actually want to be of any help to this community you would be best to do what Kali- said and message IEF otherwise you are wasting everybodies time with this thread.

Uhhh...did you actually read the thread?

Some progress, eye opening stuff, but nothing monumental yet.

I'm just a passenger now. Watching real guru's remote into my pc and sort it out over irc is actually fascinating. lol, I'm a geek.

What more do you want from him?

FrAN_oC

Aug 11, 2009
Any advance in getting S-Off to everyone?

Thanks to djmcnz and all the dev's that are working to make us enjoy our desire's !!

RGDS

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Any advance in getting S-Off to everyone?

Thanks to djmcnz and all the dev's that are working to make us enjoy our desire's !!

RGDS

Well, according to AdamG above I'm just wasting everybody's time... my first priority for the day is to remove his rom from the phone. :rolleyes:

Some of the people who actually know what they're doing have had a look and grabbed some stuff. I can't be too specific as I'm not the best to describe the activity and these things are best dealt with in a low-key fashion anyway. Suffice to say many hours so far working directly with the phone.

As you can imagine it's not a walk in the park... lots of bits and hex addresses... so we can't expect miracles. Breaking into a bank is one thing, walking out the door with the cash is an entirely different story.

Perhaps it's 50/50? I couldn't really say. If it doesn't end up being the end game we're playing now I'm sure the devs will learn something from the exercise.

Having said this, access to the phone diminishes greatly from tomorrow... :eek:

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
Well, according to AdamG above I'm just wasting everybody's time... my first priority for the day is to remove his rom from the phone. :rolleyes:

Some of the people who actually know what they're doing have had a look and grabbed some stuff. I can't be too specific as I'm not the best to describe the activity and these things are best dealt with in a low-key fashion anyway. Suffice to say many hours so far working directly with the phone.

As you can imagine it's not a walk in the park... lots of bits and hex addresses... so we can't expect miracles. Breaking into a bank is one thing, walking out the door with the cash is an entirely different story.

Perhaps it's 50/50? I couldn't really say. If it doesn't end up being the end game we're playing now I'm sure the devs will learn something from the exercise.

Having said this, access to the phone diminishes greatly from tomorrow... :eek:

Feel free to remove my ROM from your phone, I really don't give a *beep*, save me some bandwidth while you are at it and I think there was a slight misunderstanding, I said you would be wasting everyone's time if you did not speak to the people who are working on this, and you are not the first with an S-OFF device, regardless if you did speak to IEF then I'm sure you know it is unlikely none of us will be as fortunate as you to have an S-OFF device any time soon.

Last edited:

Jiia

Jun 10, 2010
Oulu, Finland
It's always fun to read pure and beautiful nerd rage :)

Hopefully you can manage to dumb it, keep up the good work!

neoKushan

Nov 7, 2008
Warrington
Yeah to be honest, I don't want S-off. In fact, I don't want anyone to contribute anything to Desire development at all, I want us to all just ***** and fight with each other needlessly.

markuz85

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah to be honest, I don't want S-off. In fact, I don't want anyone to contribute anything to Desire development at all, I want us to all just ***** and fight with each other needlessly.

Yeah, same here. Contraproductive nerd rage is the ****. Come on, noble Internet Knights, waste more time *****ing about everything!

No but seriously, how about a forum section for douchebags where they can discuss roids, pushups and big ass pickup trucks instead of screwing up the Desire section?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

chuzwuzza

Apr 28, 2010
Feel free to remove my ROM from your phone, I really don't give a *beep*, save me some bandwidth while you are at it and I think there was a slight misunderstanding, I said you would be wasting everyone's time if you did not speak to the people who are working on this, and you are not the first with an S-OFF device, regardless if you did speak to IEF then I'm sure you know it is unlikely none of us will be as fortunate as you to have an S-OFF device any time soon.

The problem being, he already WAS talking to those people when you posted your original message, meaning you came off as being hostile for no real reason.

mr.r9

Oct 8, 2006
Wow, a very mature reply. Now let us think about this a bit Adam. A developer at the Nexus forum suddenly finds an s-off device, so being a helpful person he says let me ask a few people at the Desire forum about this. He didn't offer miracles and he didn't say that he has a unique one of a kind Desire.
Have a good day.