Google Talk .apk's

Search This thread
Miztaken, this is a aplication from Google Apps:

Talk.apk com.google.android.talk Google Talk
(Source: wiki.cyanogenmod. c o m/index.ph p?title=Barebones#GApps_Note)

I already installed the Talk App (2.2), now it's ok for this App. But I gone on Manage Applications (All files) and I can't see the process com.google.android.talk. Are the app Talk.apk and com.google.android.talk the same?

Last edited:

Ghengis042

Nov 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Many, *many* thanks!

Deleted all 3 GTalk packages, thinking I had a Titanium Backup of them -- then found out about the Market problem, went to restore and.... only had app data, not the package itself. You saved my bacon -- wish I could give you a "thanks" more than once!

Bioiconic

Feb 20, 2011
OMG you totally saved me from being banned from Android Market for life! :D Seriously though you saved me from the mess I made.

I really wish we didn't need this google talk stuff, but I will keep it so I can use the market. :)

Wurzelmann

Jan 8, 2011
Wow, I'm so relieved right now... I deleted Google Talk on my rooted Milestone and wondered about the broken market... :) Thank you so much for uploading these files, they saved my phone... :D

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Thanks for this

Like so many before me on this thread, I got "Uninstaller for Root" happy and got rid of GTalk given I don't have use for it.

Thanks for saving my bacon.

thepieguy

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you so much. GTalk was stripped out of Serendipity 5.12 which is the first custom ROM I've tried. I use it to msg some people without using texts. This made it so easy to get it back.

Ashyford

Dec 19, 2010
How do you install the files?

Can anyone tell me how to install Google Talk for a custom Captivate ROM running 2.2.1?

I know I need the files from the OP. I just don't understand what to do with them. I have never had to install an APK. I tried installing the Google Talk 2.2.zip via CWR (install zip from sd) but the process just hung. I figured that was the wrong move, so I tried to install via the app, AppInstaller, but it doesn't "see" the zip. Finally, my market works just fine, so does that mean I only need to install the Google Talk 2.2.zip or the the Google Talk 2.2.zip, the talkprovider.apk and the gtalkservice.apk?

Thanks.

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Can anyone tell me how to install Google Talk for a custom Captivate ROM running 2.2.1?

I know I need the files from the OP. I just don't understand what to do with them. I have never had to install an APK. I tried installing the Google Talk 2.2.zip via CWR (install zip from sd) but the process just hung. I figured that was the wrong move, so I tried to install via the app, AppInstaller, but it doesn't "see" the zip. Finally, my market works just fine, so does that mean I only need to install the Google Talk 2.2.zip or the the Google Talk 2.2.zip, the talkprovider.apk and the gtalkservice.apk?

Thanks.

Ashy, these are not CWM files, so that's why that did not work. To install these, you need to put them in the /system/app folder using adb or Root Explorer.

I can only assume the ROM you're running has removed the Google Talk application, and still has the services intact, otherwise the Market wouldn't be working at all. You only need to take the file from Talk App (2.2).zip and drop it into /system/app, reboot the phone and it should now have GTalk installed.

Reactions: Ashyford

Ashyford

Dec 19, 2010
Ashy, these are not CWM files, so that's why that did not work. To install these, you need to put them in the /system/app folder using adb or Root Explorer.

I can only assume the ROM you're running has removed the Google Talk application, and still has the services intact, otherwise the Market wouldn't be working at all. You only need to take the file from Talk App (2.2).zip and drop it into /system/app, reboot the phone and it should now have GTalk installed.

Thanks, Miztaken. I finally got it to work based your advice. In case this is helpful to anyone else, and to reiterate what Miztaken said:

1. I moved the three files (Talk 2.2.zip, the Talkprovider.apk, and Gtalkservice.apk) to the root of the phone.
2. Using Root Explorer, I triggered the r/w option in the upper right hand portion of the screen.
3. I extracted the file from Talk App (2.2).zip, which results in Talk.apk..
3. I moved all three files (Talk.apk, Talkprovider.apk, Gtalkservice.apk) to system/app.
4. I clicked on Talk.apk, and received the option to install it.
5. Back in business.

Last edited:

LordMaurice

Mar 15, 2011
Thank you very much! I just got a Galaxy S from a brazilian provider (Claro) and Gtalk was not installed and I couldn't get it from the Google App Market. The 2.2 version you posted worked perfectly!

ddt37

Mar 19, 2011
oh my god.

it needed a reboot and now the market is working properly again.

Used the files on an android 2.1 - motorola flipout and now everything seems to be in order

lesson learned: BACKUP before u ROOT

a million thanks miztaken, i really mean it

chrisgall

Mar 10, 2011
perama,pireus
x10 mini pro

hi..i recently rooted my mini pro and i deleted some files and after that android market stoped working.. :( can anyone help me pls???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my dad made the mistake of uninstalling all the Google Talk related applications on his phone rendering the Android Market unusable.

This consisted of 3 things:
    1) Talk.apk
    2) TalkProvider.apk
    3) gtalkservice.apk

So for anyone else who has also made this mistake, or just wants to have these .apk's on their computer or phone as a backup... I give them to you :)

IF IT DOESNT HAVE "CWM FLASHABLE" IN THE NAME, DO NOT FLASH IT VIA CWM!

A big thank you to BTRL30NTM for making the CWM zip!!
    Just simply install them on the phone. They'll be placed where they need to be.
    Yupp. Anytime. If you delete anything let me know. I have a full dump of the system with anything you might accidentally delete

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
    Ican't thank you enough

In my tap happy faze I thought I could save some ram and uninstall what i thought was an app i never used! To my sad and flawed reasoning my market apps would not install from device but i could still adb them in so thanks for the file pack. :D
    Does anyone have the files for Froyo (2.2)?

Thx

I'm going to need you to be more specific as to what you uninstalled from the phone. The only Talk related app I can find on my phone running 2.2 is simply Talk.apk as there is nothing else anywhere on the phone. I'll add that to the OP for now.