Logitech TV730 Mini Keyboard works with FireTV!

Search This thread

Taige

Jul 5, 2014
Mouse mode too!

This is awesome! I had read that the FireTV worked with some Logitech keyboards. I had a Logitech mini keyboard that I originally bought to use with my Logitech Revue. The mini keyboard is really sweet with a small touch pad that works in mouse mode. The post stating that a Logitech diNovo keyboard worked said that the mouse didn't. This initially lead me to believe that my mini keyboard was the one referred to here, but I now think not.

Anyhow, I tried and tried to get it paired via BT. I even side-loaded the standard Settings app and tried pairing it that way, but no dice. Tonight, I wondered if I could get it to work with my Mac. It came with a "Unifying" dongle that I had tried plugging into the FireTV with no success. I downloaded the Unifying software for my Mac and plugged the dongle in. It mentioned something about pairing (don't remember what exactly), so I paired my mini keyboard and was happy to see both the keyboard and mouse portion working just fine. Then I wondered to myself "Gee… I wonder if it’s linked to this dongle now, and will it work if I plug it into my FireTV"... So, I moved the dongle to my FireTV and was shocked! Right away, the arrows worked, and when I put it in mouse mode and touched the pad, I had a circle on the screen following my finger movement! And the Home button on it takes you back to the Home screen, like it was made for FireTV!

This really opens up using the many apps out there that are written with only for touch interfaces! I was able to navigate Xfinity TV Go from across the room using only this mini keyboard... At the moment, you can still get these through Amazon for $49.99 (though I'm new here and can't link to it - Search for "Logitech Mini Controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV" if you want one).

Last edited:

nhumber

Apr 26, 2014
Sarnia
Mouse mode too!

This is awesome! I had read that the FireTV worked with some Logitech keyboards. I had a Logitech mini keyboard that I originally bought to use with my Logitech Revue. The mini keyboard is really sweet with a small touch pad that works in mouse mode. The post stating that a Logitech diNovo keyboard worked said that the mouse didn't. This initially lead me to believe that my mini keyboard was the one referred to here, but I now think not.

Anyhow, I tried and tried to get it paired via BT. I even side-loaded the standard Settings app and tried pairing it that way, but no dice. Tonight, I wondered if I could get it to work with my Mac. It came with a "Unifying" dongle that I had tried plugging into the FireTV with no success. I downloaded the Unifying software for my Mac and plugged the dongle in. It mentioned something about pairing (don't remember what exactly), so I paired my mini keyboard and was happy to see both the keyboard and mouse portion working just fine. Then I wondered to myself "Gee… I wonder if it’s linked to this dongle now, and will it work if I plug it into my FireTV"... So, I moved the dongle to my FireTV and was shocked! Right away, the arrows worked, and when I put it in mouse mode and touched the pad, I had a circle on the screen following my finger movement! And the Home button on it takes you back to the Home screen, like it was made for FireTV!

This really opens up using the many apps out there that are written with only for touch interfaces! I was able to navigate Xfinity TV Go from across the room using only this mini keyboard... At the moment, you can still get these through Amazon for $49.99 (though I'm new here and can't link to it - Search for "Logitech Mini Controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV" if you want one).

how does the keyboard function within xbmc?

Annunneo

Sep 17, 2013
I use a logitech k360 wireless keyboard with my ftv and it works great, also flawless with xbmc.

Taige

Jul 5, 2014
I'm not a big XBMC user, but it has worked fine when I've used it. Played a show on it last night and when I hit the button marked with the stop icon, (when the menu was overlaid on the video), and the video stopped...

So far, I've mostly used it for apps that are built for touch screen (like Xfinity's TV app).

Duvaris

Feb 2, 2011
I just started using the K400R. So far everything seems to be great. I have not tried the multimedia keys yet though. The mouse/touchpad works great as well.

dwatson3

Feb 2, 2017
I use a logitech k360 wireless keyboard with my ftv and it works great, also flawless with xbmc.

I've the same MK360 combo but am unable to get a USB connection since the FTC OS was changed a few weeks ago. Are you still getting a connection? I'm not sure what really changed from limited connectivity to zero. Thanks for ideas ....

thedrmike

Jul 7, 2017
I know your post is 3 years old, but I'm wondering if you were able to "click" using the trackpad or mouse key on the TV730 with your Mac. I can pair mine, and typing as well as some other keys work, but I'm not able to click to choose anything.