Problems using Linux Firefox and Chromium to create/edit forum posts

Search This thread

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Today Firefox decided not to let me edit one of my larger posts. When I selected edit, it came up blank. Nadda, nothing. Also tried to edit another one and it no longer does WYSIWYG.

Am I missing something new?

Also I can't really use Chromium to edit either because it doesn't support WYSIWYG at all. And when I pasted my newly edited thread content in, I lost all my hyperlinks...:silly:

I'm going to install Chrome to see how that fairs...

Edit: Tried Windows Firefox and Chrome also with no results either. Guess I'll just have to keep my post small and simple....

Last edited:
A

aus9

Hi

I am on Xubuntu 64 bit running firefox from unpack bz2 rather than from repo.
Also unpack is on its own data partition so I can image using fsarchiver.

try right hand clicking the edit button and there should be an option to "inspect element"

post that element when you can.....maybe there is a little fault in the javascript?

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Hi

I am on Xubuntu 64 bit running firefox from unpack bz2 rather than from repo.
Also unpack is on its own data partition so I can image using fsarchiver.

try right hand clicking the edit button and there should be an option to "inspect element"

post that element when you can.....maybe there is a little fault in the javascript?
Actually it's too late to check. I got frustrated and cut most of the content out and put it in a text file for anyone needing the information. It was mostly background stuff anyway. I think there is a character limit, but it doesn't give a character count, so you just end up finding out when it happens.

A

aus9

Ok as a work-a-round on your next big post

prepare it on Linux text editor

show the format as ....but change img to u r l with no gaps....my post count too low to show it

Code:
  [img]imagesrc[/img]

good luck

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Sounds strange, haven't heard of this. Check which plugins you have installed, I have seen some block proper editing. If you have the issue again, check to see if you can inspect with Chrome or FF to see where the mistake might be coming in.

I've had the same result with Firefox in Windows also. I must have been a character limit thing...

From my Debloated Stock LG-G3, VS985 4G VZN

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Also Firefox and Chrome editors are different. Chrome doesn't allow wysiwyg display. The button is literally missing.
Chrome:
2014-09-09--1410295368_52x45_scrot.png

Firefox:
2014-09-09--1410295357_70x43_scrot.png