[Q] htc dev unlock error

Search This thread

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Now I'm trying to root. It's not letting me do so. When I have to flash the recovery I downloaded, it keeps giving me an error saying it couldn't find the file even though I have my paths set up to where I can access it from anywhere

OverDroid5

Dec 12, 2012
Naperville, IL
Lol no it isn't. It's still crashing. Glad you got lucky though.

I got through, but I had to refresh... A LOT. lol

croppz said:
]Now I'm trying to root. It's not letting me do so. When I have to flash the recovery I downloaded, it keeps giving me an error saying it couldn't find the file even though I have my paths set up to where I can access it from anywhere

I'm having the same issue

Last edited:

OverDroid5

Dec 12, 2012
Naperville, IL
Now I'm trying to root. It's not letting me do so. When I have to flash the recovery I downloaded, it keeps giving me an error saying it couldn't find the file even though I have my paths set up to where I can access it from anywhere

I followed the directions to a T. Keep getting this error.

error: cannot load 'recovery.img': Unknown error

Just gonna call it a night and finish it up tomorrow.

Me too. I get the same error. I'm done for right now. Oh, this is probably a key part. I tried using CWM, haven't tried TWRP.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Me too. I get the same error. I'm done for right now. Oh, this is probably a key part. I tried using CWM, haven't tried TWRP.

Got it to work. You have to enter the full path of where the file is located. For example, and this is what worked for me.

Place recovery file in desktop. When in CMD prompt replace "me" with whatever your PC name is. Press enter and it should work. Also make sure your file is named just recovery, not recovery.img because then it'll end up just being recovery.img.img

fastboot flash recovery C:\Users\Me\Desktop\recovery.img

When you flash busybox, copy the whole zipped folder to your phone, don't extract it on your pc

Last edited:

OverDroid5

Dec 12, 2012
Naperville, IL
Got it to work. You have to enter the full path of where the file is located. For example, and this is what worked for me.

Place recovery file in desktop. When in CMD prompt replace "me" with whatever your PC name is. Press enter and it should work. Also make sure your file is named just recovery, not recovery.img because then it'll end up just being recovery.img.img

fastboot flash recovery C:\Users\Me\Desktop\recovery.img

When you flash busybox, copy the whole zipped folder to your phone, don't extract it on your pc

I believe I tried it like that, but I'll give it one more go.

obededom

Aug 20, 2009
Ohio
after getting repeated 173 errors yesterday, I gave up and tried this morning and the process went flawlessly

best advice is to be patient and give it a shot about every 4 hours or so:)

TT_Vert

Sep 11, 2010
Finally got it to submit the token. How long did it take before you actually got the file? Been a while since I submitted.

Dave

after getting repeated 173 errors yesterday, I gave up and tried this morning and the process went flawlessly

best advice is to be patient and give it a shot about every 4 hours or so:)

azdbacksfan

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah. Confirmed. It's now working for me.. Hehehe. I chatted with them and I really told them that I am sicked with the error in their site especially on unlocking bootloader then after a few minutes I treid it then wollaahhh.. It was successful. I have the code now. Just make sure after getting into the last step. Paste the token quickly then click the Submit button as fast as you can then it will be okay.

How long did you have to wait to get the email? I have submitted the toekn successfully about 20 minutes ago but have not received the email yet.

obededom

Aug 20, 2009
Ohio
I got the email with the file in it almost instantly after it confirmed that the unlock was a success

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
My token was submitted successfully in my inbox or junk folder, one this morning at 830 and one now at 145, but no email. Contacting HTCDev has given me a generic "we're under maintenance message" which is clearly not the case.

Any ideas?

Opened an account with another two email addresses, submitted tokens successfully, still waiting on email (s)...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts