Moto G LTE reboots and hang with SD card inserted

Search This thread

technojinn

Mar 17, 2012
Hi,

Received my moto G lte a couple of day ago. Put in a 32GB sandisk SD card. The phone constantly hangs and reboot while an sd card is inserted. Works fine without.

Sometimes, going into the settings will cause the phone to hang, resulting in the message "settings quit responding". Anyone else facing this issue. i tried reformatting the sd card multiple times and performing a factory reset. Did I receive a defective phone?

suhridkhan

Apr 27, 2013
Colorado
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Hi,

Received my moto G lte a couple of day ago. Put in a 32GB sandisk SD card. The phone constantly hangs and reboot while an sd card is inserted. Works fine without.

Sometimes, going into the settings will cause the phone to hang, resulting in the message "settings quit responding". Anyone else facing this issue. i tried reformatting the sd card multiple times and performing a factory reset. Did I receive a defective phone?

Did you try a different SD card? Mine appears to be working fine with a 32GB samsung class 10 sd card...

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
Indeed you should try another brand AND possibly a class 6 card, as class 10 cards may have too slow access time. See here : forums DOT sandisk DOT com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/32GB-Class-10-Micro-SD-card-unexpectedly-removed-in-Android/td-p/292793/page/2

On my previous phone I had issues with a 32 GB class 10 SanDisk card. I then replaced it with a 16 GB class 6 Samsung card and it worked just fine.

castuis

Jan 21, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm using this card I picked up from Amazon for $18-----Samsung Electronics 32GB EVO Micro SDHC with Adapter Upto 48MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP32DA/AM)---It's been working great, I have had too many problems in the last couple years with Sandisk cards so I switched to Samsung and have yet to have a problem or seen a speed below what they claim.

dethrat

Jan 2, 2012
Sequential speed is indeed faster in class 10 but random read/write is slower by quite a bit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

technojinn

Mar 17, 2012
bought a different card. class 4. all the issue seem to have resolved. Thanks all for all the help and guidance.

dethrat

Jan 2, 2012
This is not at all true, I have no idea why you would think this?
class rating denotes sequential write speed.

there's a lot of class 10's that have the sequential speed but utter crap random access speed.

I'm not saying all class 10's are like that but there are a lot.

Probably true for some brands but not if others.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk