[ROM][05/05/2012][HOLD] LightSense 1.2 ~ fast ~ light in ram ~ UV ~ volume track skip

Search This thread

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
New version

Building LightSense 1.0 !!
Changelog:
- keyboard backlight fix integrated without losing multilanguage in framework
- market updated (play store now :D )
- su updated
- battery percentage
- loading circles from gingerbread style (no more froyo style)

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!! no more bug apart classic sense 1.9 bugs (rosie landscape, 720p recording).

This will be version 1.0 for this reason! :D

Reactions: masterismos

xxqbnxx

Aug 3, 2010
Downloading now,I always come back to sense I love the look, and this looks fast as we need it to be. Thanks for the great work will report after I flash.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Hi, it keeps hanging on the sim unlock screen, I read this issue in the beginning when this rom started. Is the only solution to disable the pin in another phone or with another rom? After it hangs on this it reboots and wants to try again.

I think the only slution is remove sim unlock, but I'm trying to remove this bug in this moment.
I think is caused by the force close of com.android.phone.

I'll make an update.zip to fix, losing multi language for phone application I think.
If it works, I'll translate the fixed phone application :D

edit: I think that isn't a problem of APK, but permission.. I'm trying to fix but I can't find an easy solution for now

Last edited:
Reactions: chocohagelslagje
I think the only slution is remove sim unlock, but I'm trying to remove this bug in this moment.
I think is caused by the force close of com.android.phone.

I'll make an update.zip to fix, losing multi language for phone application I think.
If it works, I'll translate the fixed phone application :D

edit: I think that isn't a problem of APK, but permission.. I'm trying to fix but I can't find an easy solution for now

Well, thanks a lot for trying to fix it! Hope you find the fix for it!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Well, thanks a lot for trying to fix it! Hope you find the fix for it!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

It's hard for me to fix this bug. I'm not expert in rom making, and debugging with logcat isn't easy :D

BTW I have an idea, stupid idea :D but can works:

- com.android.phone in this rom Force Closes 1 time at startup, without sim code locking I can easily press the button to close ("ok close, terminate com.android.phone")

- After terminated com.android.phone, it will restart correctly (don't ask me why :D)

So I think that a simple script that start after boot, can easily solve the problem: this script will make a force termination of com.android.phone process, at this point it should restart and works :D

Is not elegant, but can be a patch for now ;)

script will be something like:
sleep 20
pkill com.android.phone

I have to find a way to run at startup using only a flashable update.zip :)

Reactions: chocohagelslagje

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
Is there a way to get sense 3.0 lockscreen?

The only thing i'd say is that my experience with the sense 3.x lockscreen is that it is a very ram hungry thing. It's harder to tell because you can't see it as a distinct process in task managers, but I believe it gobbles a solid 35-50mb constantly depending on what style you have (weather, clock, etc.)

Widget Locker can create a very handy lockscreen for you and it doesn't destroy multitasking (about 20mb) like the sense 3 one does (even though it is so slick!) Just food for thought/my two cents =)

Last edited:
Reactions: nagash91

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
next kernel that you can test to use with your project.

Thank you for the advice.
I tried rmc kernel, but miss UV again.. also there are not special governors like smartass, scary, savegedZen (they are present in the default kernel of this rom, unity v5).

I don't know if battery life is better.
It also broken FM radio (because it's done for virtuous sense 2.0, and flashing update.zip of rmc kernel it change the fmRadio.apk using one for sense 2.1)

for now I keep unity v5 :)
I would love to try unity v6, v7 and v8 but I can't find

Last edited:

mesaj

Jun 13, 2009
Katowice
Unity v10 was tested before and nagash91 said it's not too good too :(
I'll continue my searching

http://www.androidrevolution.nl/ARHD/index.php?dir=DesireHD/Kernels/ WOOOOOOOOOW Here are every version!

UNITY V9:
- OC up to 2.0GHz
- Tweak all governors
- New Virtuous governor
- XZ compressing
- PREEMPT_TINY_RCU
- lots minor fixes & tweaks
UNITY V8:
- Fixed VDD
- OC up to 1804MHz
UNITY V7:
- Added VDD sysfs interface
UNITY V6:
- Enabled AMR format support for CallRecorder
- Fixed support apps like "Voice Commander"
UNITY V5:
- Fixed USB for Android 2.3.4
- "Fast USB charging" hack
UNITY V4:
- Added new module for 2wcr
---- Fixed hardware amr recordings
---- Fixed stereo recordings
---- Fixed missing call recordings
- Some minor cleanups

Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Sim unlock fix

Unity v10 was tested before and nagash91 said it's not too good too :(
I'll continue my searching

I've found this on acpl forums, but links are not working :(.

http://www.multiupload.nl/B8R6OCV6RE - Unity V6
missing V7, didn't found as it wasn't posted
http://www.multiupload.nl/4PJGSPTTOI - Unity V8
http://www.multiupload.nl/VPFKEN5RAM - Unity V9

Thank you, but all download links are bad (files have been removed :( )

If you have some of these kernel on your PC, can you upload on a file sharing or on xda?
Thanks so much :D

PS: I have done a possible fix for sim code lock.
I have tried: sometimes I can unlock the sim, sometimes I get hot reboot.
I think that you have to unlock your sim after some seconds (10 - 15).
With this fix, if you don't unlock your phone after boot for some seconds, than automatically force closes and restart android.htc.phone.
So if you unlock sim before the restarting of android.htc.phone, you get problems and the phone reboot.

Please, let me know if it works :)

Attachments

• update_fix_sim_lock.zip
    397.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008

Thank you!!
I tried unity v6 but I can't UV.
Now I'm on unity v8 and all is good, UV ok, no flash lag, but 386mhz bug now is 499 mhz bug: 499mhz performs as 806mhz.

BTW these kernels are for desire HD, but works well on this rom for desire z.

499mhz bug = little battery drain(?) and bad cpu scaling, but insignificant in normal usage.
Flash led is not present in desire hd version of kernel, so I think that is a porting issue.

I'll try also v7 and re try v6 to see if 499mhz bug is present.

For now v8 for Desire HD is the best kernel :D

Edit:
running now with unity v8 kernel with:
Mhz - Vdd (default Vdd)
245 - 800 (900)
422 - 825 (925)
499 - 850 (950)
576 - 875 (975)
652 - 900 (1000)
729 - 925 (1000)
806 - 950 (1025)
883 - 975 (1050)
960 - 975 (1050)

wake: 245 - 960 smartass
sleep: 245 - 422 scary

Will report battery usage :D

edit: camera flash lag is present in v8..

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Ohhh why it is not too good? I didnt notice any flash delay @.@ and the battery is quite good

i still got 85% after 6 hour stand by + normal use ( 2 hours FM radio, 10-15 whatsapp messaging )

try to take some photos with flash in a dark room focusing in something far from you (at least 5 - 6 meters).
You will notice a flash delay, so you can't take picture in the dark :D

Also you can notice that if you set your frequency to 386mhz (performance) the flash delay disappears!

Than you can test 386mhz with setCPU benchmark and notice that performs similar to 800mhz.
Try it and let me know, I have notice these bugs on unity kernel v9 and v10 for vision.

The unity kernel v8 for desire HD that I have tried yesterday have similar issue, but less incisive.
Flash lag is here, but occurs a few times in comparison to unity kernel v9 and v10.

BTW I'll retry unity v10 now.
Edit: unity v10 beta2 have the biggest camera flash lag that I have ever seen :D Lag is present also focusing object near to the camera..
Camera flash is unusable with this kernel..
Now I'm going to try some old rcmix3D kernels

Edit 2: rcmix3D 5.0 and 7.0 have both camera flash lag and 368mhz issue.
Unity v10 - v9 - v8 have camera flash lag and 368 - 499 mhz issue.
Unity v7 is the last unity kernel without camera flash lag, and is the first unity kernel with UV capabities, but oc/u beater get force closing on this kernel.
BTW I think you can undervolt editing /sys/devices/system/cpu/cp0/cpufreq/vdd_levels that is present using this kernel, and is not present using unity v6 (that doesn't have vdd feature).

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
i don't understand what you mean ? i cannot take the picture while i am in the dark ? i don't get it . Please find attached picture

Attachments

• IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 143

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
i don't understand what you mean ? i cannot take the picture while i am in the dark ? i don't get it . Please find attached picture
mmh I don't understand.
Using rcmix kernel or virtuous kernel 8 - 9 - 10 my flash camera is bugged if I don't use 386 or 499 mhz (in all sense roms).

Flash stop itself before the picture is taken about 90% of times, the probability is higher if I focus on far objects.

I thought that it was a kernel issue, because with older kernel I get photos without problems, but it's possible that is only a problem of my phone? :confused:

Can you try to make a similar photo in a completely dark room, focusing at 4-5m of distance?
I'll post some photos showing the problem.
I'm going mad with this issue :mad:

edit:
manage attachment will crash chrome and safari on macOS -_-"
I'll boot windows -_-"

Ok! You'll notice that away from the object, camera flash doesn't work well..
This issue is present on ALL kernels with ViperMod VDD voltage (for undervolting).
Unity v7 is the last kernel without this issue: it has vipermod but is broken!!!
Unity v8 is the first kernel with working vipermod for UV, and.. is the first kernel with camera flash bug!!!!!
All the RCMIX3D kernel that I have tested have this bug, and they all have vipermod for UV!!!!

Only AOSP kernel with UV capability are not affected from this bug. I don't know if these kernels use viperMod or other way to get UV..

BTW some people talk about this bug on XDA, but no one seems to understand that is a kernel issue, and not a rom issue or sense 3.5 issue!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0312.jpg
    IMAG0312.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0314.jpg
    IMAG0314.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG0320.jpg
    IMAG0320.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0321.jpg
    IMAG0321.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based on the Tun4fish version of Desire_Gingerbread_Sense 1.2 by siulmagic (thanks a lot!!)
    I modified this rom and mixing with other rom find in the original HTC Desire section in XDA. Thanks to all developers of original HTC Desire!

This is SENSE 1.9 with some little things from SENSE 2.1 like notification quick settings and notification last apps!!!

This rom is full multi language!!

I decided to make this rom because I love sense, I love speed and I love free ram for multi tasking.

The original tun4fish rom was great, but I decided to make a lighter and international version with some tweak for usability.

Please tell me if you find bugs!

~Changelog ~
    V1.2
    - This is V1.1 Fixed, working 100%
    - Merging some feature with HyperSense Nova, from nexus One section in XDA! Thanks to the developer Iperzampem0, mine compatriot! :D
    - VOLUME ROCKER SKIP SONGS!! (Like cm7) THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0
    - increased jpeg quality in camera
    - fix little bug in htcAlbum
    - com.android.phone fixed with patch (already present in v1.1, don't need to flash)
    - removed usb debug icon (build.prop tweak)
    - switch to unity V8 kernel, VDD UV!!
    - updated SU in xbin (fixed)
    - addded oc/uv beater
    - added AdFree
    - added dspManager!

V1.1
    REMOVED: bugged.

V1.0
    - keyboard backlight fix integrated without losing multilanguage in framework
    - market updated (play store now )
    - su updated
    - battery percentage
    - loading circles from gingerbread style (no more froyo style)
    - CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!! no more major bugs apart classic sense 1.9 bugs (rosie landscape, 720p recording).

~Bugs ~
    - Classic sense 1.9 problems: rosie landscape broken, 720p broken. - using lgCamera from market, 720p working -
    - com.android.phone force close at startup: can't unlock sim if you use sim locking code - temporarily fixed with a patch installed in v1.1 or to flash over 1.0 (download section)!!

~ Planned for the future ~
    1) Find a decent UV kernel without camera flash bug and 386mhz bug, to increase battery life
    2) odexed and deodexed versions of the rom
    - Port of HTC camera from original desire Z camera to sense 1.9 (very hard, but is the only feature I miss from sense 2.1)
    - Volume rocker skip song (very hard with modding framework - probably with an app. The only thing I miss from CM)
    - Fix landscape Rosie or prevent rotation (for sense 1.9, very hard)
    - Reduce text size and list size in sense application
    - Reduce text size in standard android application (like spare parts in CM7)

~ FIX ~
    - v1.1 installing apk bug fixed: view single post tomorrow will do an update zip and "new version" 1.1.1

- NEW Sim unlock fix (com.android.phone FIXED!!) for 1.0: update_fix_sim_lock (the old one not working)
    (after boot you have to wait 10 - 20 seconds before unlock your sim card, because you have to wait the script to kill com.android.phone, and wait android system to restart correctly com.android.phone. After some seconds you will notice that the signal return. After that you can unlock your sim with pin code).

- UV kernel (not tested so much, is unity v8 for desire HD but works on desire z): Unity V8 (thanks to mesaj report)

- Unity v10 kernel compatible, UV/OC, camera flash lag present in some phone: XDA-single-post (Tanks to 008325)
    !!! In my DZ camera flash lag is present. If you use this kernel or others unity/rcMix kernel, please report if camera flash lag is present or not !!!

- Others kernels (not tested): link (thanks to mesaj report)

- keyboard backlight fix for 0.2 (OLD): KB_Backlight_Fix by tun4fish (will miss multi language on lockscreen and notification date)

~ Credits ~
    Desire_Gingerbread_Sense 1.2 by siulmagic.
    vision_bulletproof_desire_sense_1.0 by tun4fish.

~ Downloads ~
    LightSense 1.2 - link1: FAST - link2: minus
    LightSense 1.1 - Removed: bugged.
    LightSense 1.0

Light Sense 0.2
    Light Sense 0.1
    Mate if you need any help porting just pm me, or go to virtuous irc :)

You, sir, manage three DZ/G2 ROMs of your own, and STILL offer support to others?? :eek:
    You deserve a medal ;)
    Mate if you need any help porting just pm me, or go to virtuous irc :)

Building new version 1.1!!
    A lot of new stuff!!

- Volume rocker skip songs from CM!! (THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0 )
    - New kernel! (virtuous V8, for now the only kernel without bug with UV VDD)
    - JPEG Quality increased in camera!
    - Little bug fix for htc Albums (gallery)
    - autofix for sim unlock installed (don't need to flash the fix for 1.0 over version 1.1)
    - a lot of other things
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents about this ROM: it is, simply put, outstanding. It is far smoother than any Sense 2.1 based ROM, yet IMO has no fewer features (unless you count those "scene" and "skin" scrollable previews). The Sense 2.1 style quick settings and latest apps addition is a great bonus, and battery life is almost as good as G-Lite. Thank you nagash91 for providing this excellent ROM!

PS. I am in the camp of people who would welcome a fully Odexed version of the ROM, more speed and efficiency can only be a good thing ;).

I will odex the rom when I'll release a complete working rom: I have to fix sms issue and I don't know how to do. When I have some time to dedicate to this I'll try to switch frameworks to understand what is the problem.

BTW I have bought LgCamera Pro, it's working perfect on a lot of roms with camera issue (also on ICS, I can take video recording at 960x720p, not 1280x720p but that's something :D).

With LgCamera in this rom you can take video at 1280x720p. I don't remember if you can change focus during video recording with lgCamera with lightSense (with htcCamera you can't.. :( this is a big feature of sense 2.1 that I can't port to sense 1.9).

The feature that I miss from sense 2.1 are (in order of importance):
    1) 2.1 camera
    2) lanscape rosie (I personal would prefer locked portrait rosie, will work for this in this rom)
    3) 2.1 calendar list widget (you can exclude/include calendars from widget)
    4) 2.1 gallery (does not change much but have some cool feature, I use quickPic)
    5) 2.1 theme (only that theme black and squared .. I forgot the name :D)
    6) 2.1 application launcher

I hope to come back to this rom in future, priority is sms bug fix :D
    I also have on site "lightICS", based on AOSP (for now based on virtuous Quattro, compiled from AOSP).

If you someone want to help me see the link in my signature :good: