Slight rattle noise

Search This thread

perp21

Jul 24, 2012
after some days you don't hear this noise... hope for a solution, but it is hardware issue. so we have to deal with this

h0tkey

Aug 11, 2012
Saint Petersburg
I've just found the same sound, but I reassure you that this sound, may be little less noticeable, can be found also in HTC Sensation and Huawei Honor Pro, which I have tested already :)

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
My Nexus 7 2013 is nearly two months old and the rattling when tapped started about one month ago without the device being dropped. I am trying not to let it bother me but I have been considering RMA or taking if apart to see if I could stop it. I thought initially it might have been something in the speaker and I found a video on YouTube where tampatec shows how easy it is to remove the speaker and order the part for refit. I am still tempted to take it apart and see if there is something loose I could hot glue but I have read others saying they did not have the problem until taking it apart so fear making it worse.

Has anyone managed to fix this somehow?

Has anyone had a positive RMA response from ASUS on this issue?

My past ASUS Zenbook RMA experience included ASUS wanting to charge me for a new LCD and top lid when there was just a faulty hinge, and when I refused this my lid coming back with an inch long scratch in it.

I am going to pay more than cost price on customs and delivery to get a Devicewear Ridge case (it won the lifehacker poll) imported from the US to the Republic of Ireland and I would be near satisfied if it was unnoticeable when housed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i hear a tapping noise when i tap on it.

come on man, do you buy products to find problems? do not make this into the screen lifting issue with the first nexus 7. noone needs you exchanging yours a hundred times taking away possible purchases from other people.
    its the camera. you will notice that on a lot of devices with cameras. my Gnex does this, my wifes Droid Razr HD does this as well. my thunderbolt did it too. pretty sure it is something inside the camera housings.

dont tap there. its nothing to worry about.

i swear, the only time i find stuff wrong with my electronics is when OTHER people point them out.
    ridiculous mentality from some people here. A LOT of users, me included, go to forums like XDA to learn about potential build flaws because some of us actually care about getting quality controlled devices for our money. I actually didn't buy the Nexus 10 because of all the reports, both from forums and in reviews, about the bleeding, and I'm grateful for all those reports.

Just because you'd happily pay for a product with obvious defects and then defend the manufacturer to the bone like it was your employer doesn't mean everyone have that attitude. In the year 2012 gluing a screen to a bezel shouldn't have been a problem.

I'm not saying the OP has discovered a flaw here but any report of potential flaws is appreciated by someone like me and your overly defensive mentality is sad to see. Don't decide for others what a flaw is cause it is highly subjective.
    Its the focus lens, lots of devices do this

Sent from my Nexus 7