[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

JigSawMan

Sep 28, 2007
I went ahead and flashed this ROM tonight and I'm loving it. It's pretty stable. I've only noticed a few graphical glitches on the apps words and a few widgets not working such as beautiful widgets. Other than that my only real problem is that I keep getting a pop up from the Sprint Visual Voice mail telling me that a Voice mail wasn't downloaded and it will keep trying. I noticed this is stemming from it trying to figure out if i paid for voice mail to text services which I haven't. For some reason it's unable to see that. If I freeze/disable or uninstall the voice mail app it goes away. Is there a fix for this other than uninstalling the app?

You might consider using google voice instead of sprint vvm.

F

FdxRider

You can try youmail nice thing about it is you can assign diff greetings for the people in your phone book

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

asaladinojr

Jan 28, 2010
Hey, I'm kinda new to XDA, but have at least a little experience flashing (to say the least). I have been playing around with this ROM since pb5, and just flashed pb18. The hardware keyboard is working great now, but I still get some reboots from time to time. I really only noticed them when I am using an app that uses the carrier data connection.

After playing with the governor, like you guys were talking about earlier, I noticed that has no effect for me on whether a reboot happens or not.I narrowed down that it only happens during use of apps that involved a connection to an external server. I tested this theory by connecting to WiFi at home for the weekend, and not turning it off. I have had no reboots, and it has been 100% stable for the entire time.

Any idea what would cause the reboots during a carrier data connection only?

EDIT: I left WiFi on, even though I am not connected to any specific network, and it seems so far that is enough to appease the kernel gods. That makes almost 2 full days with no reboot.

Last edited:

HTCotta

May 14, 2008
^^I have noticed this as well. I spend most of my life between my apartment and a college campus that is blanketed with WiFi, and most of the time this ROM is pretty stable. However, when I took a road trip recently, I got constant reboots. Seems like it has a lot of trouble switching towers or something like that because on 3G just around town it seems to do OK. Just my two cents.

asaladinojr

Jan 28, 2010
Next test, kept WiFi on, but toggled mobile data off/on. Immediately froze and rebooted the next time I opened Play Store. After running through every app I could (I'm bored anyway), I am quite sure this is a data connection issue and nothing processor related.

Seeing as how this is still labeled "prebeta", I am stoked to see "beta".

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using XDA

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
Working sprint vvm for ics.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda premium

asaladinojr

Jan 28, 2010
Still shows pb18 is the most current on dev host. Anyone check twitter yet?

simply_sme

May 22, 2011
Working sprint vvm for ics.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda premium

I'm on pb18 and I can't get it (vvm) working (v.5.2.1.8). It's installed, but I'm getting the "V30 Voice message will be be delivered when data service becomes available" error when I try to force the activation message through. When I try to compose a message to send to activate@vvm.sprint.com, clicking on the Record button gives me a "Record Error 05".

Any thoughts?

asaladinojr

Jan 28, 2010
There is a data error in the build that has been reported already. I recommend YouMail off the market. I was actually using it anyway before testing this ROM out, but that is your best bet until it's done. You may just decide to go to it full time.

Ruggerxpunk

Jul 8, 2010
There is a data error in the build that has been reported already. I recommend YouMail off the market. I was actually using it anyway before testing this ROM out, but that is your best bet until it's done. You may just decide to go to it full time.

Would you consider this to be the most functional (read: best) ICS ROM for the Shift 4G right now?

I'm running CM9a4 on my Droid Incredible and it's perfect.

I wanted to surprise my brother by hooking his Shift up with a delicious Ice Cream Sandwich, but I'm not caught up on which ROM is most functional right now for Shift users.

KiDxNinja

Jan 13, 2012
Would you consider this to be the most functional (read: best) ICS ROM for the Shift 4G right now?

I'm running CM9a4 on my Droid Incredible and it's perfect.

I wanted to surprise my brother by hooking his Shift up with a delicious Ice Cream Sandwich, but I'm not caught up on which ROM is most functional right now for Shift users.

Yea this rom has been the most stable n feature packed. Working, games which no other ics rom has.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk

unoriginal

Jan 27, 2009
And this ICS port seems to be the only one that's got active development going on with it right now. But besides that it is pretty stable with my phone and I haven't had any of the FC issues that some others have reported.

Just make a nadroid beforehand. Worse case is that you just wipe and restore from that if your bro doesn't like it.

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
Has anyone else been experiencing serious lag with the Phone, Messaging, and Settings apps? Sometimes I'll click on Phone or Messaging and it'll take a good 30 seconds for the screen to get populated.

Maybe it's just me. Reboots handle it. After long up times I notice it bogging down.

Dread 7us

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
Has anyone else been experiencing serious lag with the Phone, Messaging, and Settings apps? Sometimes I'll click on Phone or Messaging and it'll take a good 30 seconds for the screen to get populated.

Maybe it's just me. Reboots handle it. After long up times I notice it bogging down.

I get it too. Horrible lag after awhile. That is what's keeping me off of ICS for now.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium