[App] Meta Widget - Create Widgets From Any Web Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
★ Parse graphs and images
★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
★ Automatic updates
★ User defined click actions
★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed keyboard issue present on some phones
Fixed image cache optimization (much faster now)
Fixed a rendering issue that occurs if data connection is lost
Fixed a few device-specific issues from user feedback

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Guys id appreciate some feedback on this latest release!

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
looks like a great idea
just downloaded but when i tried to start it, it zoomed out like it was about to open an app but closed so it didnt even start to open
also no icon on homescreen or in app draw
no new widgets
i tried reinstalling
i downloaded it off the market
im a p7510 and running galaxy task on a switch me log in thingy :)
happy to help test

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
looks like a great idea
just downloaded but when i tried to start it, it zoomed out like it was about to open an app but closed so it didnt even start to open
no new widgets
i tried reinstalling
happy to help test

SwitchMe shouldnt affect anything. Just try rebooting - its probably a launcher cache problem.

Let me know if the issue persists please.

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
How this widget works? When I add the widget it shows me a browser I enter the url hit enter then what should I do next? How can I add it to my homescreen?

I'm running AOKP rom build 36.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
How this widget works? When I add the widget it shows me a browser I enter the url hit enter then what should I do next? How can I add it to my homescreen?

I'm running AOKP rom build 36.

I take it you just ignored the tooltips? Gotta love it. And the video as well? Lovely.

Go to a webpage. Enter spot mode. Wait for it to reload the page. Tap on any element in the webpage.

I hope it works on your aokp 36...

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
Very sorry! I was in a hurry earlier. Trying right now.

L.E : Works very well, I will try it these days and I will give you some feedback.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
So you were in a hurry and you decided to post on a forum? Thats a contradiction in terms if eer ive seen one.

No offense mate, just ****s and giggles :)

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
I take it you just ignored the tooltips? Gotta love it. And the video as well? Lovely.

Go to a webpage. Enter spot mode. Wait for it to reload the page. Tap on any element in the webpage.

I hope it works on your aokp 36...

You mention a video. However, I don't see it. Google returns metawidget.org which is obviously not the same thing.

Actually, I found it, in one of these other threads you started about meta widget.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655198

[App] Meta Widget - Create Widgets From Any Web Content

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655248

[BETA] Meta Widget - create widgets from any web content

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1654156

Meta Widget - create widgets from any website content

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1654758

[2.1+] Meta Widget ▐ Widgets From Any Web Content▐ NEWS IMAGES STATS SCROLLABLE▐

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655244

[App] Meta Widget - Create Widgets From Any Web Content (TESTERS PLS)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1654871

Meta Widget - create widgets from any website content

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1653980

☰ Meta Widget ☰ Create widgets from any website ☰ SCROLLABLE NEWS IMAGES ANYTHING ☰

Sent from my SHW-M380W using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
Problem: The widget title alignment doesn't seem to work. Regardless of choosing center or right, it remains aligned on the left.

Suggestion: Ability to select two colors so you can alternate colors for each line of a widgets content.

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Hi again i got it to workign using adw
i may be using it wrong but i can only seem to be able to select one element on a wbsite
so on say engadget on the mobile
i can only select one story not the whole colume of them
is there a way to do this cause other wise it doesnt really work for me as a newsfeed.
couple of bugs ive found
when on engadgets desktop site, when i press the slect box thingy the buttons all disappear and come back ever time i click but then go again
works fine on mobile site though
anther is that on facebook on the desktop site, when i click the select box the whole news feed goes blank.
I know the answer to these problems is just "use the mobile site" but i thought id let you know
Cheers for the app though
Rob

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007

I mentioned the title alignment does not work. And it seems the content alignment doesn't work either. Regardless of selecting right or center, everything aligns left.

EDIT: Alignment failed to work with m.fark.com however worked with content created from a google feed.

Also, from the video, before adding the widget the user is prompted for widget dimensions. This does not happen. Perhaps it is something to do with Nemus. But, once the widget is added I am able to scale the widget to my desired dimensions.

Device: Korean Tab 10.1WiFi (shw-m380w)
ROM: Stock Honeycomb FD19
Launcher: Nemus Launcher

Very cool app.

Suggestions:

Abiliy to enable a border.

Ability to create a template or set defaults that stores color and font sizes, etc to easily create like widgets without having to adjust new widgets to match existing widgets.

Once the desired content is selected the ui advances to the widget settings where you can select content and then colors, etc. If the user presses the back button, the widget closes and the user has to start all over again. Please change the back function to bring the user back to the content selection page or the browser window. It's really frustrating having to start over!

Ability to set a global update frequency and/or a per widget update frequency.

Last edited:

b3er

Mar 9, 2011
Problem: The widget title alignment doesn't seem to work. Regardless of choosing center or right, it remains aligned on the left.

Suggestion: Ability to select two colors so you can alternate colors for each line of a widgets content.

Alignment works fine for me on all devices i have, what is your device name and firmware version?

Reactions: ftgg99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

looks like a great idea
    no new widgets
    i tried reinstalling
    happy to help test
    You are a funny guy :)

Alignment works fine for me on all devices i have, what is your device name and firmware version?
    ftgg99 another awesome and useful app from you. I will be purchasing! this is wonderful for quote charts. thanks for a wonderful app!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2