[4.4.2] LG G2 - Stock Keyboard

Search This thread

MaGnOlia88

Apr 1, 2013
Hello community :)

I'm looking for Stock Keyboard in Android 4.4.2 - KitKat.

I'm currently using Pardus ROM but I miss the smileys :crying: and a don't want to flash an other ROM :)

Does anyone have a zip to flash stock keyboard via recovery or an apk to replace?

Thanks for any help!

kind regards
MaGnOlia

sbuldur

Apr 13, 2014
lg keyboard has nice themes but swipe like keyboard is much better i guess.

i can send you apk so you can copy and paste to system app folder and change priority if you want.

D3va

Jun 17, 2013
Could someone send me LgG2 4.4.2 stock keyboard apk because I want emojis back. I'm currently using pardus rom but I would like my smileys back.

Pete Rask

Dec 10, 2009
Hi everyone

As OP in this thread wrote I'm kinda in the same situation (on Pardus rom) and would like to revert G3 keyboard to G2 as I find it more functional for me.

Found an downloadable/installable apk but that just throws back at me "app is not installed". Any found a solution?

Regards!

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
Hello community :)

I'm looking for Stock Keyboard in Android 4.4.2 - KitKat.

I'm currently using Pardus ROM but I miss the smileys :crying: and a don't want to flash an other ROM :)

Does anyone have a zip to flash stock keyboard via recovery or an apk to replace?

Thanks for any help!

kind regards
MaGnOlia

Download a version of stock ROM, extract the keyboard apk and move it to /system/app with root explorer (or similar app). Make sure to change permissions and reboot.

Pete Rask

Dec 10, 2009
Download a version of stock ROM, extract the keyboard apk and move it to /system/app with root explorer (or similar app). Make sure to change permissions and reboot.

Thnx, tried the variant with the apk I downloaded but this didn't work. Keyboard doesn't show up in settings after reboot. Also renamed the G2 apk the same as G3 and backed up the G3 LGEIME.apk. Reboots in between didn't help. The phone just locks up when launching whatever app that utilize keyboard.

Will try your mentioned solution and download a stock rom with G2 keyboard. Getting back with results later.

Pete Rask

Dec 10, 2009
Nope, extracting the LGEIME.apk (G2 keyboard) from Lightning Rom v3.0 (replacing, permissions and reboot) didn't do it either. The keyboard now just disappears.

Does anyone know how to get the option to save your OWN word when writing? I use the "phone keyboard" and not the qwerty one when writing and really dislike having to go into setting to add words not found in the dictionary (and yes :) I've updated it). Found that option in G2 but not in G3 keyboard, being able to save new words on-the-fly.

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
Nope, extracting the LGEIME.apk (G2 keyboard) from Lightning Rom v3.0 (replacing, permissions and reboot) didn't do it either. The keyboard now just disappears.

Does anyone know how to get the option to save your OWN word when writing? I use the "phone keyboard" and not the qwerty one when writing and really dislike having to go into setting to add words not found in the dictionary (and yes :) I've updated it). Found that option in G2 but not in G3 keyboard, being able to save new words on-the-fly.

Idk what version Lightening ROM is (KK or jb) but you need to make sure to use the proper version of the keyboard (ie, if you're on KK it needs to be the KK LG keyboard apk, if on jb it needs to be jb LG keyboard apk). If you used the correct version then idk what else would work.