Working home trial

Search This thread

inmnbob

Jan 11, 2009
Chicago
Well I got very lucky. I tried the Good home trial program where they sent me 4 different versions of Glass with the prescription frames. The package list clearly mentioned that these were non working versions.

However...The good news. One of my units is working. I have a completely functioning Glass for $50. I wanted to be upfront with Google and let them know but they said it wouldn't work forever but it's been over a month and still working. It is version XE13 of the firmware and isn't updating to anything beyond that at this point. Everything else is okay...

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ResleyZ

Feb 14, 2014
Well I got very lucky. I tried the Good home trial program where they sent me 4 different versions of Glass with the prescription frames. The package list clearly mentioned that these were non working versions.

However...The good news. One of my units is working. I have a completely functioning Glass for $50. I wanted to be upfront with Google and let them know but they said it wouldn't work forever but it's been over a month and still working. It is version XE13 of the firmware and isn't updating to anything beyond that at this point. Everything else is okay...

You could try to manually flash a newer update. If I were you, I wouldn't tell Google :p.
Can you show some pictures from the four different Glasses with the usb ports? Google 'destroy' the usb ports, and send them out to the people who use the trial program.

the XE13 is a software update that never got released for the 'official' explorers.

inmnbob

Jan 11, 2009
Chicago
Well they didn't destroy the USB enough on one. With the right combination of chargers and cable I can charge it. I don't think I am able to get a computer to recognize it so I have to play with that to get it to work to before I can flash it.

I wonder if the fact that it is XE13 is why it won't automatically update.

Last edited:

setox

Sep 4, 2008
Brooklyn
all 4 of mine work but each one has its own problem, one holds battery but hard to see - one doesn't hold battery but has a great bright screen

the other 2 i haven't played with yet.

inmnbob

Jan 11, 2009
Chicago
Same problem I am having. I can get all the features to work but can't connect to the computer. Are you stuck on XE13 as well?

bravesnation

May 16, 2014

Has G contacted you in any way asking for them back? Or did they just charge you the $50?

XxCyberHackerxX

Apr 20, 2014
NSB

So you kept the glasses and they only took $50 from your account nothing more?

inmnbob

Jan 11, 2009
Chicago
That's correct. I also told them that I had a working Glass but they didn't seem to care so I figured my side of the street and conscious was clean.

XxCyberHackerxX

Apr 20, 2014
NSB

Also how do you remove the clear lens?

XxCyberHackerxX

Apr 20, 2014
NSB
Good to hear it. The sooner they release it and the competition takes it's place, the price will hopefully go down to where it is slightly more affordable. I mean, really, no one needs these. They are almost always cosmetic and "cool" and I'll be much happier to buy something like this for fun when it doesn't cost more than a thousand dollars

well you could sign up for the home trial program. then you will have 4 pairs of google glass (semi working) Then you let google charge you the $50 hold and sell the 4 pair on ebay then you will have more than enough for google glass or some spare cash.

inmnbob

Jan 11, 2009
Chicago
I had success using an Apple USB charger and tried different types of cables until I got one to work

Top Liked Posts