[Completed] [Q] Moto X 4.4.2 rooted w/ locked bootloader, factory reset safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
Hi, I have a republic wireless moto x I just successfully rooted and updated to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2 with a locked bootloader with no write protection (wp)

Since I updated it to 4.4.2 I have this error that pops up that I can not resolve

"Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.system has stopped"

I googled several pages of several website results and several pages of google but can not find the solution.

Solutions found was to:

Safe Mode (I tried this first with no apps installed on non safemode and non system apps updated, didn't work and popped up even on safe mode)
Change date & time method (didn't work)
Wipe Cache (didn't work)
Wipe Cache & dalvik cache (didn't work)

I am debating about factory reset but unsure if it will make me lose my root because I have a locked bootloader (if that matters in anyway I am still new to this, and that my moto x is from republic wireless not like other carriers with unlocked bootloaders).

Please help me and discuss with me how I can get rid of that error. Or point me to the right path.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Do you have a Custom Recovery Installed ? If not, then that would be your first Step. There's a Moto X Link in my signature that will help you install one. Once that is done, you can do factory reset from inside the Recovery. But before you boot, make sure to flash SuperUser Zip File from the Recovery.

androiddoglover6969

Oct 16, 2013
Do you have a Custom Recovery Installed ? If not, then that would be your first Step. There's a Moto X Link in my signature that will help you install one. Once that is done, you can do factory reset from inside the Recovery. But before you boot, make sure to flash SuperUser Zip File from the Recovery.

Hello. Not sure how to answer this because I am still new to it.

I have the SafeStrap App, it says "State: Installed" above Install Recovery / Uninstall Recovery & "Safe System: Not Active" over Reboot to Recovery" version 3.65.

I do have a SafeStrap (TWRP) and have a backup but not sure if it is on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2.

If I did a recovery, which parts will it back up or all of it? Because I don't want that error to show up. It is driving me nuts.

Can you further assist me with what I replied before I do that recovery?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I see that you have already Opened another Thread on the Moto X forum.

Kindly Understand that the purpose of XDA Assist is to
The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem. Perhaps you can't find posts on how to root your phone, install custom recovery or maybe you have questions about how to navigate and use features on the site.

Our XDA Assist team will give you links to threads/forums that are relevant to your problem. You may be pointed towards guides and instructions that can be quite complex, so you will still need to read carefully and be cautious before attempting to make software changes to your device. It is essential you are in the correct forum for your device model; what works for one can ruin another.

As you can see this is not the case for your question. You clearly do know where to post the question. That forum is the right place for your query and someone will help you if it can be salvaged.

Reactions: androiddoglover6969
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see that you have already Opened another Thread on the Moto X forum.

Kindly Understand that the purpose of XDA Assist is to
    The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem. Perhaps you can't find posts on how to root your phone, install custom recovery or maybe you have questions about how to navigate and use features on the site.

Our XDA Assist team will give you links to threads/forums that are relevant to your problem. You may be pointed towards guides and instructions that can be quite complex, so you will still need to read carefully and be cautious before attempting to make software changes to your device. It is essential you are in the correct forum for your device model; what works for one can ruin another.

As you can see this is not the case for your question. You clearly do know where to post the question. That forum is the right place for your query and someone will help you if it can be salvaged.