[Q] error 403

Search This thread

MadTwatter.

Jan 1, 1970
i know this probably has NOTHING to do with the M8 but im getting error 403 on my device for multiple apps and have tried everything i can to fix, i have another device with same account that updates apps just fine, can anyone shed some light on what might be the issue, if so any input would be helpful, thanks guys.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Not enough info:

Problem is on WiFi, cell network, or both?
Does data work on any apps at all?
Did data ever work on this phone, and just started recently?
This is the AT&T version being used on the AT&T network, or another carrier?
Stock ROM or custom?
Stock phone, or rooted and bootloader unlocked?
S-on or off?

Also, the following statement literally means nothing.
have tried everything i can to fix, .
We have no idea what you "can" or can't do. If you want to provide the proper information, you need to describe exactly what individual steps you tried, and result for each. Not to be rude, its just a pet peeve when folks here (all too often) ask for help and say "I tried everything" which means nothing and is a waste of keystrokes. Just being constructive so we can help you properly.

MadTwatter.

Jan 1, 1970
Both WiFi and data and data has always worked, but I've had this problem on all phones on att and straight talk, I'd say it started about a month ago I ended up making an entirely new Google account and that fixed some if the apps updating but not all rooted on custom aokp rom, have tried other roms but still the same error and I'm on S-Off and unlocked att on straight talk

Sent From The Tardis

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Do you have this problem on Sense ROMs?

How about your other phones (that have the same issue) Sense ROM, AOSP, stock ROM, etc.?

What are some of the apps that will not sync/get internet service?