[RECOVERY] Repacked Clockworkmod recovery v5.8.2.0 + Touch v5.8.1.8

Search This thread

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
ClockworkMod Recovery for the Transformer Prime TF201

NEW: Repack of Koush's clockworkmod recoveries to prevent a recovery loop when using ROMS that support reboot to recovery.

These recoveries are not mine and I take no credit for them. I only made a small change to the official recoveries found here
and repacked them into update.zip files.

Here is a diff of my somewhat hacky change, but hey it works!
Code:
diff -Naur org/init.rc new/init.rc
--- org/init.rc 2012-04-02 21:18:24.875745175 +0100
+++ new/init.rc 2012-04-02 20:58:55.855745201 +0100
@@ -31,6 +31,8 @@
 service ueventd /sbin/ueventd
     critical

[COLOR="Green"]+service clearmisc /sbin/clear-misc.sh
+[/COLOR]
 service recovery /sbin/recovery

service adbd /sbin/adbd recovery
diff -Naur org/sbin/clear-misc.sh new/sbin/clear-misc.sh
--- org/sbin/clear-misc.sh      1970-01-01 01:00:00.000000000 +0100
+++ new/sbin/clear-misc.sh      2012-04-02 20:58:55.855745201 +0100
@@ -0,0 +1,4 @@
[COLOR="Green"]+#!/sbin/sh
+# This clears the boot flag from misc which forces
+# this device to continuously boot into recovery
+/sbin/dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 count=13[/COLOR]

I also replaced the CWM top hat icon to avoid confusing my repacked recovery with the original version.

I am not responsible for any loss of data or any harm caused by using these recoveries especially if small kittens are involved.

IN CASE YOU FIND YOURSELF HERE AS A RESULT OF HAVING A RECOVERY LOOP OR RECOVERY DOESN'T SEEM TO BE UPDATING PLEASE USE THE COMMAND BELOW

Run the following command from your PC then reboot and any new recovery should be flashed by the bootloader and then android should boot.
Code:
adb shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 count=13

Just in case you missed big red bold line, please read it before posting about recovery not updating or not being able to get out of recovery!

Download

Touch Recovery v5.8.1.8 (repacked from official with the fix above)
MD5: 0a5f77d3524fbdd01a241b02368814ae

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.2.0 (repacked from official with the fix above)
MD5: 351f2382907afc48d12932e019ecb193

Installation Instructions

Method 1 Flashing through CWM
Download the recovery zip file

Place the recovery zip on the sdcard where clockworkmod can read it.

Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or "hold volume down and power for 3 seconds, let go of power only, then press volume up when prompted on screen"

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard and select the recovery zip you downloaded

Once it has flashed the zip file, be sure to reboot your transformer so it complete the flashing process.

Attachments

• rtr_recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.8-tf201.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 7,208
  • rtr_recovery-clockwork-5.8.2.0-tf201.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 6,577
Last edited:

paddycr

Jan 25, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Thanks for this Roach. This might be a really obvious question but I take it that the reboot to recovery option will have to be enabled by devs? I am using AOKP and the reboot to recovery option still just reboots the tablet after flashing this. Jermaine will have to enable this option in AKOP for it to work, right?

Thanks again. Btw, I am really excited to see what you and Team Eos do with your rom on the Prime :)

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Thanks for this Roach. This might be a really obvious question but I take it that the reboot to recovery option will have to be enabled by devs? I am using AOKP and the reboot to recovery option still just reboots the tablet after flashing this. Jermaine will have to enable this option in AKOP for it to work, right?

Thanks again. Btw, I am really excited to see what you and Team Eos do with your rom on the Prime :)

Yeah, Here's my commit's to enable this on EOS in case it helps. I know it already works on the TF101 so it might just need to be added to your device tree assuming the libcutils work has already been merged to the AOKP repo.

https://review.teameos.org/#/c/377/

https://review.teameos.org/#/c/378/

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Excellent work Roach, well done. I plan on looking into trying to get SDcard (both micro and docked full size) and USB drive support up and running.

Don't hold your breath though anyone, I am extremely lazy. :D

Thanks mate.

That would be great to see more features and storage support. I'm excited for the possibilities for the Prime and what we can all do for it.

kizzle4

Nov 5, 2010
Touch updated 4/16?

Curios as to if the touch recovery was updated today, and if it does in fact let you reboot from android into recovery.. Thanks.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Curios as to if the touch recovery was updated today, and if it does in fact let you reboot from android into recovery.. Thanks.

??? :confused: ????

What? Official CWM Touch is still listed as build 5.8.18 on Koush's website. Only new release is the KANG build in the OP (much appreciated by the way ;) ), and as of right now it only works on AOSP Rom.

mutiny

Aug 13, 2007
NYC
This seriously needs to get stickied ASAP. I hope fellow Prime owners can appreciate that the devs coming to this part of the forums are some of the very best. :)

ZebTheCalvinist

Feb 6, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I'm having a bit of a problem... I'm in CWM, which is looping back into itself, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to enter the code that you provided in the OP. My computer installed the ADB drivers just fine, but I can't see anything in which I can enter that code. Any assistance is appreciated.

Edit: Ok, I figured out that I'm supposed to enter that in the Command Prompt window, but every time I try running the command, I get the following:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I'm having a bit of a problem... I'm in CWM, which is looping back into itself, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to enter the code that you provided in the OP. My computer installed the ADB drivers just fine, but I can't see anything in which I can enter that code. Any assistance is appreciated.

Edit: Ok, I figured out that I'm supposed to enter that in the Command Prompt window, but every time I try running the command, I get the following:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas?

Where did you install the adb/sdk files? You need to be in that directory to run the command. In otherwords, if you have adb installed in C:\tools, you need to do this from the command prompt before running the adb commands:
Code:
cd C:\tools

ZebTheCalvinist

Feb 6, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Where did you install the adb/sdk files? You need to be in that directory to run the command. In otherwords, if you have adb installed in C:\tools, you need to do this from the command prompt before running the adb commands:
Code:
cd C:\tools
I feel like a total idiot, but I can't find where I installed the ADB files. I have a handful of ADB files from various android projects, but I don't know where the specific drivers for the TF201 are. Is there a way to re-download and install ADB?

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Yes, I'm running the latest EOS nightly and the reboot to recovery function from the power menu works. I can't speak for any other rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
I'm running jermaines latest aokp build and cannot boot to recovery from directly from the rom. No biggie.

Sent from my EPAD using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery for the Transformer Prime TF201

NEW: Repack of Koush's clockworkmod recoveries to prevent a recovery loop when using ROMS that support reboot to recovery.

These recoveries are not mine and I take no credit for them. I only made a small change to the official recoveries found here
    and repacked them into update.zip files.

Here is a diff of my somewhat hacky change, but hey it works!
    Code:
    diff -Naur org/init.rc new/init.rc
    --- org/init.rc 2012-04-02 21:18:24.875745175 +0100
    +++ new/init.rc 2012-04-02 20:58:55.855745201 +0100
    @@ -31,6 +31,8 @@
     service ueventd /sbin/ueventd
         critical

[COLOR="Green"]+service clearmisc /sbin/clear-misc.sh
    +[/COLOR]
     service recovery /sbin/recovery

service adbd /sbin/adbd recovery
    diff -Naur org/sbin/clear-misc.sh new/sbin/clear-misc.sh
    --- org/sbin/clear-misc.sh      1970-01-01 01:00:00.000000000 +0100
    +++ new/sbin/clear-misc.sh      2012-04-02 20:58:55.855745201 +0100
    @@ -0,0 +1,4 @@
    [COLOR="Green"]+#!/sbin/sh
    +# This clears the boot flag from misc which forces
    +# this device to continuously boot into recovery
    +/sbin/dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 count=13[/COLOR]

I also replaced the CWM top hat icon to avoid confusing my repacked recovery with the original version.

I am not responsible for any loss of data or any harm caused by using these recoveries especially if small kittens are involved.

IN CASE YOU FIND YOURSELF HERE AS A RESULT OF HAVING A RECOVERY LOOP OR RECOVERY DOESN'T SEEM TO BE UPDATING PLEASE USE THE COMMAND BELOW

Run the following command from your PC then reboot and any new recovery should be flashed by the bootloader and then android should boot.
    Code:
    adb shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 count=13

Just in case you missed big red bold line, please read it before posting about recovery not updating or not being able to get out of recovery!

Download

Touch Recovery v5.8.1.8 (repacked from official with the fix above)
    MD5: 0a5f77d3524fbdd01a241b02368814ae

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.2.0 (repacked from official with the fix above)
    MD5: 351f2382907afc48d12932e019ecb193

Installation Instructions

Method 1 Flashing through CWM
    Download the recovery zip file

Place the recovery zip on the sdcard where clockworkmod can read it.

Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or "hold volume down and power for 3 seconds, let go of power only, then press volume up when prompted on screen"

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard and select the recovery zip you downloaded

Once it has flashed the zip file, be sure to reboot your transformer so it complete the flashing process.

Yeah, Here's my commit's to enable this on EOS in case it helps. I know it already works on the TF101 so it might just need to be added to your device tree assuming the libcutils work has already been merged to the AOKP repo.

https://review.teameos.org/#/c/377/

https://review.teameos.org/#/c/378/
    Excellent work Roach, well done. I plan on looking into trying to get SDcard (both micro and docked full size) and USB drive support up and running.

Don't hold your breath though anyone, I am extremely lazy. :D
    hey, im having a recovery problem.

probably just stupid, but.

i root .15 firmware, use OTA rootkeeper and update to .21 while keeping root.
    then i used rom manager to flash the latest CWM. it says its successful.

however if i reboot into recovery. it just gives me the dead android

do i have to be unlocked to get into recovery? my other tab is unlocked and all. and CWM works nicely.

this one i was able to root at .15 firmware instead of having to unlock and push CWM over fastboot.

As far as im aware, you cant install CWM on the prime right now without unlocking the bootloader first