[Discussion / Q&A] OmniROM

Search This thread

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
Woot, we're officially official :D only lg device to have support! Now im superhappy i answered your questions when you considered getting the device :p

Decay3

May 26, 2013
Hi,

It would be great if false would be changed to true in <bool name="quick_settings_show_rotation_lock">false</bool> in res/values/bools.xml in SystemUI.apk to enable the rotation lock button in the status bar. :D
I really miss a rotation lock (coming from CM10.2).

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Customizable tiles will be supported eventually.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD

Reactions: spyne82

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy
What's about privacy guard. It will be implemented ?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

spyne82

Hi... Is multi-window working right now? I didn't find it in settings... :confused:..

gesendet from Cm10 with my Nokia 1610

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

Sorry my fault.. I didn't read carefully... Was to tired...:eek:
... I find it out ..

Btw .. Great feature :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
gesendet from Cm10 with my Nokia 1610

dimi89

Mar 7, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
How is this rom compared to the cm or liquid or slimbean ? Noob question i know but dont have time to test all roms for our device.Averything working ?

Послато са LG-P880

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
How is this rom compared to the cm or liquid or slimbean ? Noob question i know but dont have time to test all roms for our device.Averything working ?

Послато са LG-P880

Well the latest build is amazing, only ROM out of the six I've tried in the latest 2 days that doesn't have a serious lithium ion addiction , only lost 3% in over 10minutes if web browsing. Not to mention the smoothest. only issue is no button backlight, but I think I prefer it off anyway

JalmiNyondong1933

Nov 15, 2011
Bandung
Well the latest build is amazing, only ROM out of the six I've tried in the latest 2 days that doesn't have a serious lithium ion addiction , only lost 3% in over 10minutes if web browsing. Not to mention the smoothest. only issue is no button backlight, but I think I prefer it off anyway

Have you tried to install xposed module in it? I combined xposed modules with vanir ROM and it makes the ROM unstable.

Only Chuck Norris can judge me

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
Have you tried to install xposed module in it? I combined xposed modules with vanir ROM and it makes the ROM unstable.

Only Chuck Norris can judge me

xposed works fine, ive mainly used gravitybox which works absolutely. Btw combined with iodak 8.5 the battery life on this thing is insane, ive just done a full charge. ill post the results after some normal usage.

Reactions: JalmiNyondong1933

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

You might have read about OmniROM in XDA news. More info about the project: http://omnirom.org/ and http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2601.

I have compiled the first ever unofficial build of the rom from unpublished Gerrit sources and guess what, for the p880. :D

Screenshots: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2481797. This thread will be the discussion and Q&A thread for OmniROM. It will be officially supported and maintained by me. :p
    So, do you do the c-coding, kernel development or what? I mean, i am willing to spend several weeks to merge our kernel with 3.10-tegra and you are whining and whining and whining.

Do you have anything to say? CM is for supported devices, it does not have a legacy tree, Omni does so .... no, i do not think i'm mistaken. If i hadn't been doing the legacymod with Konstat that got ported into the Omnirom which has support for 7x27a and onwards i'd take you more seriously.

The truth is, i hint because i don't want to make a fool out of anyone but in reality, yeah, OmniRom is basically what it name says, it's a legacy friendly version of mini AOSP.

Until you don't have some basic source or release of that merged kernel, you really have no right to tell others they're whining and all those other swear words you did in other threads which were fortunately deleted. Instead it seems _you_ are whining about that diff file. Getting that with "20 years of ARM kernel and 3 years of Android development" should be utterly trivial to you. I also got it and started the same merge process you want to do back in January. Needless to say, it's not an easy task and I have almost no time to work on it. That's why I didn't post it anywhere, because I have nothing to show.

All of this would not be a problem if your attitude was not that arrogant. You post here to say you think Omni is useless and then start debating when others tell it isn't. Everyone has different opinions. Just to quote you: "if you have nothing to add, <insert your swear words here>". As you say you did a legacy mod, but seems you didn't realize it's not just about providing legacy support. Why does Omni come up with Multi-window, OmniSwitch, and all those customizations then? If you prefer pure AOSP, go ahead, build it, many of us will appreciate it. I repeat myself: it should be trivial with that much experience.
    Compiling new build. :cool:
    No supersu in this ROM ?
    I had to install this

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using xda app-developers app

No. It will be included later.

@adam77 when the Rom will official release for our phone can you please then delete useless part like:
    On Pac Man Rom we have Paranoid,Aokp and CyanogenMod in one Rom and in Aokp Settings under LED the Led Test don't work because these features is for phones with colorable led.
    And so features are unless when Omni Rom will maybe have some of this useless features can you please remove?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

I won't have to delete them, they will be hidden by default on devices which don't support those features. This is a very early build, the code wasn't even published yet when I compiled it.

BTW new build coming tomorrow. Fixed BT, BT tethering and Torch. Also, the device tree is now ready to be forked into official repos. Will update my GitHub tomorrow.