Android AIO's

Search This thread

lindarne

Feb 1, 2009
Nicosia
I was trying to say that I found a positive result from formatting my card in another device, and maybe it would help your acer accepting your 128 gb card if you format it with another phone or tablet. (USB otg plus a card reader).

silvio76

Mar 26, 2010
I was trying to say that I found a positive result from formatting my card in another device, and maybe it would help your acer accepting your 128 gb card if you format it with another phone or tablet. (USB otg plus a card reader).

I did try in fact, but no luck for me in this case.....:crying:

DerGreeny

Feb 26, 2014
Should not be complicated. I hope...
I installed this apk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2h75gcp8y1r6us/TowelRoot.apk
Ran it once.
It rebooted my system.
I installed supersu, and updated the binary.
And it was done.
Have not posted a link here before, so if there is any problems pm me and I'll mail you the link or file.
I'm not next to my acer right now, so if you need to know it's firmware version I'll have to check it later.
But start with the towelroot I used.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Arne

Hi,
could you please upload the Towelroot.apk again? Towelroot v3 seems not to work with my Acer. :(

Thanks in advance
Greeny

aad1964

Dec 6, 2014
Getting recovery mode

I'm having a problem right here, the 223 isn't starting android. I want to get in the recovery mode, but trying to find the right hardware button combo's is almost impossible. Even the tech-guys from Acer don't know it. Anyone who can tell me what to do?

lindarne

Feb 1, 2009
Nicosia
sorry for being late here.
this month is just cracy.
do you still have the problem?
i've never tried to boot into recovery on the 223, but i'll try to find the way if i'm not too late.
usualy it is one or both of the volume buttons + power.
i'll post again if i find the trick.

mine by the way is having severe trouble with the touch digitizer.
it's lost all sensitivity.
i can get it back by completely powering down and waiting 15 mins before turning it on again.
but it only lasts a few mins and then gradually loses sensitivity again.
works everytime and dies shortly after everytime.
anyone know anything about this and if there is a fix?

aad1964

Dec 6, 2014
I still do have the problem.

sorry for being late here.
this month is just cracy.
do you still have the problem?
i've never tried to boot into recovery on the 223, but i'll try to find the way if i'm not too late.
usualy it is one or both of the volume buttons + power.
i'll post again if i find the trick.

I'm aware that it has to be some kind of combo, as it is on every other android device. Point is, the device is only a few weeks old, so it has full warranty, but in the Netherlands Acer is notorious for the very long periods they take for repair, with a good chance the device comes back with scratches, and worse than before. So preferably I fix it myself.

lindarne

Feb 1, 2009
Nicosia
The only thing I have been able to find is to hold in the third button from the bottom in for a few seconds.
It seems to work during boot, and also while fully booted.
It brings up some sort of menu that I haven't figured out yet.
But one point of the menu does mention the boot state.
I just can't seem to find a way to change it.
Will keep looking though.

I'm aware that it has to be some kind of combo, as it is on every other android device. Point is, the device is only a few weeks old, so it has full warranty, but in the Netherlands Acer is notorious for the very long periods they take for repair, with a good chance the device comes back with scratches, and worse than before. So preferably I fix it myself.

xdalalala

Feb 24, 2015
hey guys,

i got an da223hql as well these days and i am really glad about it =)
i was really happy when i saw your posts before and i already sent an email to lindarne, although i dont know if it will even arrive..

well .. at first i wanted to ask him for his tr.apk and for the steps i need to take so i do nothing wrong..
after looking into it some more i found how easy it really was and tried to get the first version from some credible source. well i didnt find any and didnt want to play around with just any file too much so i decided i would just try one out. well seems like it crushed the acer =( .. it was supposed to be a version one. when i installed it it said version 2.. then i "made it rain" and it just shutdown.. i thought ok maybe it just didnt work and is rebooting right now. but that wasnt the case. ever since than the android part didnt start up again and i think there is no hard reset for it.
do you guys have a solution for me ? to me it seems i can only send it in.
btw i will still try to get it to work and i would be really thankful for that apk.

i can still use the display but the android is gone and the usb doesnt work anymore while its connected. didnt try the touch function yet.

i'd be really thankful for some advice

xdalalala

Feb 24, 2015
hey guys,

i got an da223hql as well these days and i am really glad about it =)
i was really happy when i saw your posts before and i already sent an email to lindarne, although i dont know if it will even arrive..

well .. at first i wanted to ask him for his tr.apk and for the steps i need to take so i do nothing wrong..
after looking into it some more i found how easy it really was and tried to get the first version from some credible source. well i didnt find any and didnt want to play around with just any file too much so i decided i would just try one out. well seems like it crushed the acer =( .. it was supposed to be a version one. when i installed it it said version 2.. then i "made it rain" and it just shutdown.. i thought ok maybe it just didnt work and is rebooting right now. but that wasnt the case. ever since than the android part didnt start up again and i think there is no hard reset for it.
do you guys have a solution for me ? to me it seems i can only send it in.
btw i will still try to get it to work and i would be really thankful for that apk.

i can still use the display but the android is gone and the usb doesnt work anymore while its connected. didnt try the touch function yet.

i'd be really thankful for some advice

Okaay.. So after not working for two hours and not responding at all.. i just wanted to switch back to my hdmi source.. i pressed the power button for about 4 sec and after no reaction for 5 more secs it rebooted.. its in the exact same shape as it was befor i crashed it.

well that worried me ..

good it works again, for now

but .. i'd still like to ask you guys for the working copy of tr =O

and another thing .. what do you use the acer for ?
i just really like to have a mobile display .. the android part is kind of an additional feature.. though the usb hub and the touch screen rock .. plus ill get it to work as remote display with android.
i've read about someone who used it as a music stand ^^
i guess thats one way to put it to use

best regards

dj.tifosi

Jul 11, 2012
I am planning to buy this Device and use it for a Photo Booth.

There is a nice Android App called SLR Booth in the Play Store. It displays the mirrored Live View of my Canon DSLR Cam and when taping on the screen a Countdown will tick down and trigger the Cam to shoot a Photo. Works very nice on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 but there are two problems.

First the screen is a bit small and second I cannot use the USB in Host mode to connect to my camera and charge the Tab at the same time.

Is it possible to charge the Acer AIO using the first USB Port and simultaniously using the second USB Port in Host Mode? Can someone confirm this to work?

lindarne

Feb 1, 2009
Nicosia
I am planning to buy this Device and use it for a Photo Booth.

There is a nice Android App called SLR Booth in the Play Store. It displays the mirrored Live View of my Canon DSLR Cam and when taping on the screen a Countdown will tick down and trigger the Cam to shoot a Photo. Works very nice on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 but there are two problems.

First the screen is a bit small and second I cannot use the USB in Host mode to connect to my camera and charge the Tab at the same time.

Is it possible to charge the Acer AIO using the first USB Port and simultaniously using the second USB Port in Host Mode? Can someone confirm this to work?
The AiO uses a dedicated d/c plug like a laptop.
Both usbs are free for play