[Q] Problems getting Defy+ to stock UK ROM

Search This thread

Searcher3

Apr 15, 2011
I have had a Defy+ for a year and in general it has run without issue. I recently had a problem with being unable to get a GPS fix and Motorola advised me to do a factory reset. This appeared to work in respect that I got my GPS fix back but my phone would randomly reboot. It seemed to reboot when the data signal was poor. Motorola said it was most likely an app. It wasn't because after another factory reset it kept rebooting without me installing any of my own apps. I gave up and have gone back to my old Defy which works fine (with the same SIM card I had in the Defy).

Tonight I decided to get my Defy+ back to it's original state to see if that made any difference as I had tinkered with a few of the system apk files. Having looked up on here I have installed RSD Lite, Motorola drivers, downloaded the UK retail 2.3.6 rom from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=28 and put the Defy+ in Bootloader mode. Running RSD Lite in administrator mode and with the SBF file renamed to Defy.sbf and in the PC root directory I get the following error log :

22:31:43, June 23, 2014
Line: 902
ERROR: The file selected is an invalid superfile.
Please enter in a valid superfile.
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp

22:31:43, June 23, 2014
Line: 552
ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
Device ID: 0

On the face of it the SBF file appears to be possibly invalid. But I can't see anywhere else to get it from.

It's ages since I tinkered with the Defy so I am a bit rusty on this. Anyone any ideas?