[TOOL]::DARKSIDE::SUPER::WIPE::[SKYROCKET][ext4][2.8.2012]

Search This thread

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
ext4 is a linux file system, it provides better journaling and faster speeds. As a variant of Linux, android is in a position to benefit from these advantages

Reactions: chappatti

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
ext4 is a linux file system, it provides better journaling and faster speeds. As a variant of Linux, android is in a position to benefit from these advantages

Sorry, should have formulated my question better. I am aware of ext4. But does the AT&T Skyrocket use ext4 as default or rfs. Is ext4 the basis of the stock ROM? Would I have to be worried about reverting ext4 when flashing stock ROMs..... I am concerned about those kind of considerations.

I cannot find concrete info as to what stock ROMs are using. More specifically, people are recommending the use of the Darkside-wipe-ext4, before flashing STOCK ICS. What does ICS stock use? Or once Darkside is finished, does the ROM that I use reformat to its specific file system when I flash......These kinds of consideratons are not clarified when referring to Darkside-wipe-ext4.

I know it is not thederekjay's real concern, but I would really appreciate a clarification from someone in the know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

onearmedscissor

Mar 10, 2006
Sorry, should have formulated my question better. I am aware of ext4. But does the AT&T Skyrocket use ext4 as default or rfs. Is ext4 the basis of the stock ROM? Would I have to be worried about reverting ext4 when flashing stock ROMs..... I am concerned about those kind of considerations.

I cannot find concrete info as to what stock ROMs are using. More specifically, people are recommending the use of the Darkside-wipe-ext4, before flashing STOCK ICS. What does ICS stock use? Or once Darkside is finished, does the ROM that I use reformat to its specific file system when I flash......These kinds of consideratons are not clarified when referring to Darkside-wipe-ext4.

I know it is not thederekjay's real concern, but I would really appreciate a clarification from someone in the know.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure of the technical details, but I've been using this script for a while now and it's always worked perfectly as far as I can tell for both gb and ics roms, including both stock and custom ics roms. I've never had to go out of my way to change anything due to use of this script.

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
After doing the dark side wipe rom manager and superuser were not working and not responding, also shutting down would not work. Only way I fixed it was restoring a nano back up.... so I don't know what to think...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
You dsw and then install a ROM or what? Tell me the exact process you did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Yes, dew then installed Sean's latest from and then all the problems described before started to happen...

Sometimes it doesn't work too well for ics. I always dsw, then manually wipe and format after multiple times. That always does the trick.

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Never understood why that happens to people.

I run this before installing any new rom and it works fine.

Installed every rom in our thread. Gb to ics and back and forth again.

Edit: also have never had an issue with CWM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

** PLEASE BE AWARE! THIS SCRIPT IS FOR "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II" WILL ALSO WORK ON "AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket" ONLY! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS **​

:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

My Original thread is found [HERE]

This is a small script i threw together a while back. I have incorporated in many of my ROMS, usually runs with a installation flag '-wipe'. The script does exactly as the title explains. It is SUPER.WIPE that does the most thorough wipe possible. This exceeds anything that CWM is capable of from the menu options. This will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly. This is a great tool to flash right before installing any new ROM on your device. No need to worry if you have wiped properly. Let the script do it for you! ENJOY! :D

Instructions on using DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE:

* WILL NOT WIPE SD CARD OR EMMC *

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE FLASHING ROM OF YOU CHOICE, DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Place on ROOT of your SD card.
    2. Boot into Recovery Mode
    3. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    4. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
    5. Stay inside recovery
    6. Flash desired ROM.
    7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    8. Done!

[DOWNLOAD HERE] [DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE 2.8.2012]
    md5 : ac3b9c04ad4d8b80b49048c29dab271c
    ** PLEASE respect my work and ask my permission before posting mirrors or using any parts **

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE
    Yes, dew then installed Sean's latest from and then all the problems described before started to happen...

Sometimes it doesn't work too well for ics. I always dsw, then manually wipe and format after multiple times. That always does the trick.

for more???? probably not!
    "and will align disk properly after formatting partitions"

For my own curiosity, why is this important after wiping?

If the partition alignment for is "xx" bytes off. It will cause major performance issues. Etc...
    blessedswine said:
    Works great been using other version a while im guessing they are the same or close to? i think the one im using is from Tmobile? either way thanks again.

Yeah the same..

Sent from the .:: DARKSIDE ::.