GB OTA manual update.zip-leaked!

Search This thread

BillLee3

Nov 27, 2010
Atlanta
Is it right for the update to start off with a progress bar and then switch to an icon with an exclamation point and a little android?

BillLee3

Nov 27, 2010
Atlanta
no. you either had a corrupt download or didn't follow the instructions.

I was following spc_hicks09's instructions. However, imnut's post linked by OP says to boot all the way and setup phone before your are "ready to accept OTA". Tried adding that before booting into stock recovery and it worked. Think it was the formatting going on in the middle of the first full boot of EE4. YMMV.

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
I was following spc_hicks09's instructions. However, imnut's post linked by OP says to boot all the way and setup phone before your are "ready to accept OTA". Tried adding that before booting into stock recovery and it worked. Think it was the formatting going on in the middle of the first full boot of EE4. YMMV.

Imnuts post is if you're accepting the OTA being pushed to your phone. Not if you're installing the leak.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

BillLee3

Nov 27, 2010
Atlanta
Well, like I said, ymmv.

But when I odin'd a full EE4 unto the phone it goes through the Samsung logo, then a format cycle, then the Samsung logo then android boot. I think it needed to go through that format cycle because it did not work the first time and it appears to be working this time (albeit very slowly). I'm using the same update.zip file on the sdcard.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Well, like I said, ymmv.

But when I odin'd a full EE4 unto the phone it goes through the Samsung logo, then a format cycle, then the Samsung logo then android boot. I think it needed to go through that format cycle because it did not work the first time and it appears to be working this time (albeit very slowly). I'm using the same update.zip file on the sdcard.

When installing the leaked OTA. My method is the absolute only way it will work until someone makes a flashable zip. I know this because i spent 6 hours trying every way possible to do it. Even using the "update from sdcard" option in CWR does not work.

Reactions: BillLee3

BillLee3

Nov 27, 2010
Atlanta
Hey, I'm not arguing that you weren't basically right. I'm saying in my case I had to let EE4 boot once first. Furthermore, I did not have to mount system each time (it was already mounted upon boot).

Regardless of that, your instructions DID allow me to get it to work and I probably wouldn't have figured it out without the help. Thanks for writing up what you did.

Now I just gotta debloat the thing and restore all my apps. Cool!

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Hey, I'm not arguing that you weren't basically right. I'm saying in my case I had to let EE4 boot once first. Furthermore, I did not have to mount system each time (it was already mounted upon boot).

Regardless of that, your instructions DID allow me to get it to work and I probably wouldn't have figured it out without the help. Thanks for writing up what you did.

Now I just gotta debloat the thing and restore all my apps. Cool!

Lol I said in my instructions to reboot normally after using Odin to go back to EE4. Glad you got it working!

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Here are my instructions for getting all this to work:

BEFORE YOU ODIN BACK TO EE4, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SU FLASHABLE ZIP, THE OTA UPDATE AND IMOSEYON'S KERNEL ON YOUR SDCARD!

Make sure the update file is renamed to "update" and that it's on the root of your sdcard. (not in any folders or anything)

Odin back to EE4. Reboot normally.

Turn the phone off, then reboot into Stock Recovery and run the update.

Sorry I was only trying to quote 1 line lol.

Last edited:

Jmjohnson1717

Oct 4, 2010
After updating to this it appears that the static bursts while on the phone problem is fixed. Just got off a phone call that lasted 35 minutes and had no problem.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Bear55

Jun 30, 2011
I was on stock EE4B with no root and downloaded this update, renamed to update.zip and used stock recovery to install. Everything seems to have worked well. (I do not have root using this method.)

So if you are just looking to update early without root, a computer is not required.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to spjetrovic we have the update.zip for the GB update for your use now

http://www.multiupload.com/HAG3RFTBY6

1. Follow imnuts instructions for preparing for OTA found here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10202-how-to-prepare-for-the-gb-ota/
    2. place file on root of SD card and rename to update.zip
    3. boot to stock recovery and select apply update.zip from sd card

It takes a while to complete, so be patient. Make sure you have plenty of battery.

ps. No one is responsible for what you do to your phone except you. This has been tested by at least a dozen people in IRC and works flawlessly when you follow the directions.

pss. this build is 4 days newer than "EP4P" regardless of what the numbering scheme may be.
    How do you flash Imo's kernel if my recovery doesn't stick, and can't get into recovery?

you can't let the phone boot after you flash CWM. unselect auto-reboot and then boot straight to recovery after flash
    If I flashed the unrooted, ep4p leak from last month, will I have to flash back to ee4 to install or recieve the official new update?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

You will only get this OTA or be able to use this update if you are on stock, unrooted EE4. You can't get there from any other point.

You can also wait a bit (probably less than a week) and someone will publish full Odins of EP4D. I'm personally not leaving EP4P until we have a deodexed version of EP4D and some themes.
    Otherwise, as poopy as ever.

"He called the **** poop!" - Billy Madison

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
    Well, like I said, ymmv.

When installing the leaked OTA. My method is the absolute only way it will work until someone makes a flashable zip. I know this because i spent 6 hours trying every way possible to do it. Even using the "update from sdcard" option in CWR does not work.