[APP][DEV] OTA Update Center. (Released version 2.0.5)

Search This thread

M3nti0n

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro
OTA Update Center
Is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use.

OTA Update Center is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use. This project is especially for the rom devs around, to be able to implement an easy to use, and free OTA Update app. The project has one goal, to provide a way to provide OTA Updates as easy and noob friendly as possible.

titleoverview.png

• Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralised database.
  • Push notifications on new release of rom
  • Check for updates once a day.
  • Check for updates manually when the person wants to.
  • Download the rom and flash it directly.
  • Download the rom without flashing.
  • Wipe data and or cache/dalvik before flashing the update.
  • All your rom updates in one list.
  • Abillity to change, update and intergrate in your own rom, YES! It's open source!

XDA:DevDB Information
OTA Update Center, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
M3nti0n, Vetruvet, Dexter93
Source Code: http://github.com/OTAUpdateCenter/ota-updater-2.0/

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0.5
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-12

Created 2014-11-18
Last Updated 2014-11-18

Attachments

• screen-1.png
    screen-1.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 9,312
  • screen-2.png
    screen-2.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 9,061
  • screen-3.png
    screen-3.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 8,950
  • screen-4.png
    screen-4.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 7,834
  • screen-5.png
    screen-5.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 7,557
  • screen-6.png
    screen-6.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 7,315
Last edited:

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
hey. possible to push patches this way instead of replacing the whole rom?
great idea btw :good:

M3nti0n

Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro
awesome work man :good: i'm waiting for ota app like this :D i'm ready to put my Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2 and Cyanogenmod 9 builds of LG P350

Nice, tell me what you think about it :)

Nice work. Will see what I can do for FreeGS3.

Use it like discribed in the FAQ on the website and you will be happy :)

hey. possible to push patches this way instead of replacing the whole rom?
great idea btw :good:

Yes, just like an OTA should, you just need to make a nice update.zip though, if the updaterscript isn't right it wont work ;)

devilsking

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
Can u change option after downloading zip file to "open recovery" becoz after downloading and choose "flash zip", my galaxy ace stucks at flashing screen :( Btw, this is really awesome work. I'm waiting for your reply and release new update for my rom.

Thank you!

Devilsking

M3nti0n

Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro
Can u change option after downloading zip file to "open recovery" becoz after downloading and choose "flash zip", my galaxy ace stucks at flashing screen :( Btw, this is really awesome work. I'm waiting for your reply and release new update for my rom.

Thank you!

Devilsking

I think you are doing something wrong, its just going to the recovery as you say, its stuck on flashing screen, its the flashing screen of the recovery. be sure you are using ClockWork Mod Recovery and that the updaterscript is working perfectly. If you are sure you are using clockworkmod and the updaterscript is working the right way, please send me a pm with the recovery.log right after trying to flash using the OTA Updater.

Great work guys! Godspeed!

Thanks mate! :)

Last edited:

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
I think you are doing something wrong, its just going to the recovery as you say, its stuck on flashing screen, its the flashing screen of the recovery. be sure you are using ClockWork Mod Recovery and that the updaterscript is working perfectly. If you are sure you are using clockworkmod and the updaterscript is working the right way, please send me a pm with the recovery.log right after trying to flash using the OTA Updater.

Thanks mate! :)

I can flash my rom normally in cwm recovery 5 and I dont think there're something wrong while it can run well :D I will send u log asap. Btw, I love ur work and I want to use it. Thank for ur hard work :)

Edit: tried again and after pressing "install zip" it boots and stucks at screen with a warning triangle and android icon. Here is log file. After failure of flashing via Updater, I tried to open recovery manually and flash the downloaded file. It can be flashed well.

Devilsking

Attachments

• log.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

M3nti0n

Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro
I can flash my rom normally in cwm recovery 5 and I dont think there're something wrong while it can run well :D I will send u log asap. Btw, I love ur work and I want to use it. Thank for ur hard work :)

Edit: tried again and after pressing "install zip" it boots and stucks at screen with a warning triangle and android icon. Here is log file. After failure of flashing via Updater, I tried to open recovery manually and flash the downloaded file. It can be flashed well.

Devilsking

Hey mate,

I would like to tell you what you'd do wrong there.
You'd not re-sign your rom after you edited the build.prop and adding the apk file i think.
Or you didn't sign the rom at all.

Please resign the rom, then check md5 hash again, and update that in the control panel.

Code:
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/The Myth 2_2.0.1.zip
Opening update package...
I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:verify_file returned 1
[B]E:signature verification failed[/B]
[B]Installation aborted.[/B]

I hope you will be able to fix it that way, if not, please tell me about it ;)

Reactions: devilsking

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
Hey mate,

I would like to tell you what you'd do wrong there.
You'd not re-sign your rom after you edited the build.prop and adding the apk file i think.
Or you didn't sign the rom at all.

Please resign the rom, then check md5 hash again, and update that in the control panel.

Code:
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/The Myth 2_2.0.1.zip
Opening update package...
I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:verify_file returned 1
[B]E:signature verification failed[/B]
[B]Installation aborted.[/B]

I hope you will be able to fix it that way, if not, please tell me about it ;)

lol. I signed it and it's flashable (I mentioned above). this only cannot flash when use updater :( I tried to flash downloaded file manually and it worked, my friend. :( If u have any solution, plz tell me. Thank u.

M3nti0n

Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro

Devilsking

lol. I signed it and it's flashable (I mentioned above). this only cannot flash when use updater :( I tried to flash downloaded file manually and it worked, my friend. :( If u have any solution, plz tell me. Thank u.

I tell you, remake the rom, add things in build.prop, add the apk, and after that sign the rom...
Try again, if its then still not working, just come back, we'd test it with many different roms, and also how it gave the signature error. and it only gives the signature error when its edited after the rom has been signed without re-signing.

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
I tell you, remake the rom, add things in build.prop, add the apk, and after that sign the rom...
Try again, if its then still not working, just come back, we'd test it with many different roms, and also how it gave the signature error. and it only gives the signature error when its edited after the rom has been signed without re-signing.

But I did re-signed it :( If it's not resigned, it cannot be flashable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA Update Center
    Is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use.

OTA Update Center is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use. This project is especially for the rom devs around, to be able to implement an easy to use, and free OTA Update app. The project has one goal, to provide a way to provide OTA Updates as easy and noob friendly as possible.

titleoverview.png

• Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralised database.
    • Push notifications on new release of rom
    • Check for updates once a day.
    • Check for updates manually when the person wants to.
    • Download the rom and flash it directly.
    • Download the rom without flashing.
    • Wipe data and or cache/dalvik before flashing the update.
    • All your rom updates in one list.
    • Abillity to change, update and intergrate in your own rom, YES! It's open source!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OTA Update Center, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    M3nti0n, Vetruvet, Dexter93
    Source Code: http://github.com/OTAUpdateCenter/ota-updater-2.0/

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.5
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-12

Created 2014-11-18
    Last Updated 2014-11-18
    Reserved
    We appreciate the feedback!!
    Home page updated! We are ready for the first ROMS ;)
    who says OTA is not possible for CUSTOM ROMS ??? :D