[APP] Kitchen Timer PRO

Search This thread

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
Are you sick of twirling a dial or pressing an up/down selector 30 times to set a simple timer? Then this is the timer app for you!

I wrote this free app for power users who want a fast UI. Just key in the timer delay in minutes and hit "Add" button and the timer will begin.

I'd be interested in getting feedback as XDA readers tend to be power users and I'm interested to see what features you all would like to see.

Features:

- Ergonomic timer entry
- Does not acquire wake-locks and so will not drain your battery unlike other timers
- Uses system alarm manager and robustly stores alarms so that the alarm doesn't fail when the app is closed
- Less aggressive/annoying timer sound (rooster loops every few seconds instead of without delay)
- Less aggressive/annoying vibrate settings (as above)

ss-0-320-480-160-0-963112f0e2ac94cfadef7d88a14d3898028d1f57

ss-1-320-480-160-0-6006fb08c5459e5e398ed332db7ae5b375390ee7

chart

Download from here: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.droidgram.timer

Last edited:
Reactions: Steinhund

beetnubbin

Aug 5, 2010
sweet and simple

Very nice work.

1 suggestion.
Often when cooking we you have 3 or 4 things to put on at different times.
Could you add different items separately with their own time:

i.e.
item 1 - pie t-45
item 2 - chips t-25
item 3 - peas t-10

Click start and 45 minutes starts counting down, as set by the longest time, or just enter longest first. 20 mins in "chips" notification goes off and then peas 35 mins later. That way dinner is all synchronised!

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
Nice concept and a great start.

It really needs the ability to time seconds (full minutes only in the current version) and multiple timers (I typically have two or three running when I cook).

As a suggestion as to how to position yourself with your customers, I'm completely put off though by an app that is still not feature complete (no preferences, as a quick find), is hopelessly crippled in the free version (60-minute limit), and has ads to add insult to injury.

Last edited:

jdhas

Sep 22, 2010
Boston, MA
I agree with the comments above. A great start, but needs to display and time by seconds, and needs to have at least 3 timers running consecutively.

Klausi

Aug 30, 2004
Black Forrest, Germany
Nice start, I like the easy way to enter the time.
One suggestion: add repeating times. There are some situations where you need the possibility that a certain about of time must be repeated n times. I only know one timer (Yata! http://market.android.com/details?id=com.pelletiere.android.reallysimpletimer) who can almost do that (it's just possible to repeat over and over but not to define something like: countdown 05'30" six times, play sound after each cycle, than stop).

Would be nice if you can do that.
Cheers, Klausi

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
Nice concept and a great start.

It really needs the ability to time seconds (full minutes only in the current version) and multiple timers (I typically have two or three running when I cook).

As a suggestion as to how to position yourself with your customers, I'm completely put off though by an app that is still not feature complete (no preferences, as a quick find), is hopelessly crippled in the free version (60-minute limit), and has ads to add insult to injury.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a bit of a tough question regarding some things e.g. release with preferences not complete.

In the end, I wanted to indicate that this is coming, but didn't want to delay the release by doing all these features up front. This way, I can get feedback on what features are important. A bit of a trade-off, I know, but as an independent programmer, I have limited time and resources so can only do the best I can as a single developer.

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
Updated to restore notification on reboot of device.

I think the app now is rock solid stable, so now I will work on additional features:

- Choice of alarm tone
- Multiple timers

At the moment, if you install both the free and pro version, you can use them together to get 2 timers at the same time.

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
v2.01 released

New version released. Key new features:

• Add 'Seconds Mode' to allow timers to be set also in seconds
  • Custom alarm ringtone (by popular request)
  • Show alarm time in notification bar when timer is set.

Future features scheduled:

• Multiple timers

App is available for free with a donate option. Please donate to support further development and additional features.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you sick of twirling a dial or pressing an up/down selector 30 times to set a simple timer? Then this is the timer app for you!

I wrote this free app for power users who want a fast UI. Just key in the timer delay in minutes and hit "Add" button and the timer will begin.

I'd be interested in getting feedback as XDA readers tend to be power users and I'm interested to see what features you all would like to see.

Features:

- Ergonomic timer entry
    - Does not acquire wake-locks and so will not drain your battery unlike other timers
    - Uses system alarm manager and robustly stores alarms so that the alarm doesn't fail when the app is closed
    - Less aggressive/annoying timer sound (rooster loops every few seconds instead of without delay)
    - Less aggressive/annoying vibrate settings (as above)

ss-0-320-480-160-0-963112f0e2ac94cfadef7d88a14d3898028d1f57

ss-1-320-480-160-0-6006fb08c5459e5e398ed332db7ae5b375390ee7

chart

Download from here: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.droidgram.timer
    Thanks for the initial feedback. Multiple timers is one of the key planned features and I hope to have this pushed out soon!