[Q][Devs]Mytouch 4g (Remaining Devs)

Search This thread

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
As we have seen recently most of the Devs or people with knowledge have jumped ship to another device. Im 100% this device is far from dead yet. Mostly every Dev left is working on ICS my question to all of you that remain here is WHO ARE YOU? WHO IS STILL AMONG US? I bring this question because there are a lot of regulars that frequent these Mytouch 4g forums and I'm not a Dev in any way shape or form, but I kno a lot of the Mytouch and as I go about helping with this big project bringing Sense 3.6 with the help of old Devs that no longer are among us (Febycv, eVil D, memnoc, LorD ClockaN, proxuser, QD2DC, capychimp) just to name a few that have or are helping me with this Ics Sense 3.6 I wanted the help of people that ARE among us and WILL enjoy it. So who here in the Mytouch 4g is a DEV? Who here knows knowledge of anything that has to do to with the MyTouch? My opinion and I'm 100% sure that if we all work together within our own community we can revive this phone for us who still remain here. I kno most of you guys but not all of you it would be nice to either post if your a Dev or what is it that you bring to the table. That way it would be easier to go to that one person if anybody has a problem with a Rom, kernel, bugs, etc...

I kno Team Inferno is still among us (Mr. Highway, saranhai, invasion, sckboy78)

Blackwing182
Firesnatch
Zipsnet

...Who else is among us?...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: blackwing182

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
What's up ;)

I think TrueBlue Drew is still here...
I'll edit, my post if I come up with anymore that I can think of..

Sent from my Streak7 Honeycomb using xda premium

---EDIT---
i think GazaIan is still among us... not sure though

Last edited:

wolfepakt

Mar 1, 2008
Southeast WY
We also have the Android insomnia team still here. Lanterns light (Jhutson456) and his team.

Sent from my MIUIAndroid glacier with DarkSide via Tapatalk

aznprodgy

Dec 22, 2010
Columbus, GA
LG V20
LG G7 ThinQ
cant forget about GazaIan either :) I know some things about our phone as Im always on xda and doing a lot of reading, and Ive had it since Oct 2010. but I am far from a dev lol but willing to learn more

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
My name is invasion2 :p but I think we have the androidinsomnia team and gazaIan. Also killerwolf maybe? Has an ICS ROM....

Sent from my HoneySmartDroid Port using XDA Premium.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
"Project of bringing Sense 3.6" can progress in one of 2 ways:
1) Working in parallel with devs of other devices (namely Desire HD), doing the same job in parallel, and sometimes sharing the results.
2) Waiting for a more or less complete product, and working on porting it.

The current leaked dev build of Sense 3.6 isn't worth porting. I saw it on Sensation, and I don't think a build that runs 20 lines of logcat each time you just touch the screen, is worth much for a stable ROM. But it's good to develop the skill for porting a normal build when it arrives, I guess...

Plus, I remember the state of ROMs for MT4G before it had an official GB kernel. There was not a single GB ROM without major issues, and at least some of the devs working on them were much more experienced. I'm afraid that this will be exactly the same situation with ICS.

Last edited:

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
"Project of bringing Sense 3.6" can progress in one of 2 ways:
1) Working in parallel with devs of other devices (namely Desire HD), doing the same job in parallel, and sometimes sharing the results.
2) Waiting for a more or less complete product, and working on porting it.

The current leaked dev build of Sense 3.6 isn't worth porting. I saw it on Sensation, and I don't think a build that runs 20 lines of logcat each time you just touch the screen, is worth much for a stable ROM. But it's good to develop the skill for porting a normal build when it arrives, I guess...

Plus, I remember the state of ROMs for MT4G before it had an official GB kernel. There was not a single GB ROM without major issues, and at least some of the devs working on them were much more experienced. I'm afraid that this will be exactly the same situation with ICS.

I agree 100% with you but that's the same thing I though about ICS coming to Mytouch and thanks to Feb we are able to experience it. There are actually alot more people than I though that prefer Sense over Cm based Roms. Yes its a challenge but to me and maybe other Devs they like the challenge theirs no going back now if we give up our phone will die and be stuck on GB. Yes its hard I've been working on a ics sense kernel for 3 days now and I'm still going. You shouldn't put people down to stop trying or say it ain't worth it because I'm pretty sure you will be one of the first to test it even if all u can do is make calls and nothing else.

Sent from my M865 using XDA

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Actually, no. I didn't bother checking even one of the current crop of ICS ROMs, because - 1) I dislike ICS, without Sense it looks and feels like crap; 2) I want my phone to function fully, and not having WiFi/BT/Camera not working or partially working.

But I realize that I'm most likely a minority.

G

gsminhas

Actually, no. I didn't bother checking even one of the current crop of ICS ROMs, because - 1) I dislike ICS, without Sense it looks and feels like crap; 2) I want my phone to function fully, and not having WiFi/BT/Camera not working or partially working.

i agree with u
i visit this forum everyday now its over a mouth that i havent seen anything intrusting going on.
But team invasion and and miui teams is somewhat keeping me intrusted to come BAck

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier

Believe it or not, I agree. AOSP ICS is ugly to me, but if it will help me learn more, I might as well try it. ICS + Sense looks really great. And I agree with the functionality parts...why use a ROM without WiFi/Camera...(I have never used BT once).

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
while i do agree that Sense is way better than AOSP, i think that Google finally improved their UI with ICS...

previous versions of Android all looked like crap. (no offense to anyone..)
but ICS actually looks pretty good. while i would still go for Sense, i have to say that this time around, Google finally improved. So way to go Google.

hope jellybean will be even better :p

blackwing182

Nov 21, 2010
Naranjito P.R
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
while i do agree that Sense is way better than AOSP, i think that Google finally improved their UI with ICS...

previous versions of Android all looked like crap. (no offense to anyone..)
but ICS actually looks pretty good. while i would still go for Sense, i have to say that this time around, Google finally improved. So way to go Google.

hope jellybean will be even better :p

jelly bean is another re skined ICS, just like froyo and gingerbread ;-)

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Jelly will have all the things ics didn't get at the moment, well that's what's I've been reading for a while now.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team inferno
Leader

G

gsminhas

Jelly will have all the things ics didn't get at the moment, well that's what's I've been reading for a while now.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team inferno
Leader

I just hope what ever they put in jelly it should taste good in looks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As we have seen recently most of the Devs or people with knowledge have jumped ship to another device. Im 100% this device is far from dead yet. Mostly every Dev left is working on ICS my question to all of you that remain here is WHO ARE YOU? WHO IS STILL AMONG US? I bring this question because there are a lot of regulars that frequent these Mytouch 4g forums and I'm not a Dev in any way shape or form, but I kno a lot of the Mytouch and as I go about helping with this big project bringing Sense 3.6 with the help of old Devs that no longer are among us (Febycv, eVil D, memnoc, LorD ClockaN, proxuser, QD2DC, capychimp) just to name a few that have or are helping me with this Ics Sense 3.6 I wanted the help of people that ARE among us and WILL enjoy it. So who here in the Mytouch 4g is a DEV? Who here knows knowledge of anything that has to do to with the MyTouch? My opinion and I'm 100% sure that if we all work together within our own community we can revive this phone for us who still remain here. I kno most of you guys but not all of you it would be nice to either post if your a Dev or what is it that you bring to the table. That way it would be easier to go to that one person if anybody has a problem with a Rom, kernel, bugs, etc...

I kno Team Inferno is still among us (Mr. Highway, saranhai, invasion, sckboy78)

Blackwing182
    Firesnatch
    Zipsnet

...Who else is among us?...

Drew has been pretty busy, don't think he's coming back anytime soon

Androidinsomnia is all here and present.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium