[Q] Note 3 N9005 no LTE

Search This thread
Jul 8, 2011
HI

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this , i received my Galaxy Note 3 yesterday the n9005 model i moved from a HTC one the LTE 4G worked perfect on that phone no issues since getting the Note 3 the phone has only picked up 3G signal and when you go into network mode its only displaying GSM/WCDMA and no LTE there are no software upgrades available for it ? anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

orbitech

Dec 22, 2009
Not trying to be Cpt Obvious here but have you called your mobile company to give you some feedback? Note III is a new device maybe it needs an update from the provider?
Or did you try a hard reset just in case? I'd try to eliminate the software part so you can be sure it is a h/w issue..

Jul 8, 2011
united hilitse

Not trying to be Cpt Obvious here but have you called your mobile company to give you some feedback? Note III is a new device maybe it needs an update from the provider?
Or did you try a hard reset just in case? I'd try to eliminate the software part so you can be sure it is a h/w issue..

well i work for the mobile company im with ive tried everything from their side to no avail ... ive even contacted samsung direct but they cant give me a straight answer

KevandLynds

Oct 30, 2007
Mine is exactly the same, the note 2 n7105 had LTE options and my new note 3 n9005 does not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: metalmessiah88

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
HI

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this , i received my Galaxy Note 3 yesterday the n9005 model i moved from a HTC one the LTE 4G worked perfect on that phone no issues since getting the Note 3 the phone has only picked up 3G signal and when you go into network mode its only displaying GSM/WCDMA and no LTE there are no software upgrades available for it ? anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
You sure yours one is N9005?

Mine confirm had LTE option and it work when at LTE coverage area.

10075836275_64cb338853_c_d.jpg

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
I have lte selection...:rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380845251915.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380845251915.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,245
Jul 8, 2011
Heres a screen shot of what I get in networks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380884454144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380884454144.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,562
Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for the help guys ..
I was speaking to a samsung engineer and they have to push an OTA update to enable LTE in certain countries Ireland being on of them . He said this update should be expected to be rolled out by the end of october .

CekMTL

May 16, 2011
Cork
PreCog.me
Thanks for the help guys ..
I was speaking to a samsung engineer and they have to push an OTA update to enable LTE in certain countries Ireland being on of them . He said this update should be expected to be rolled out by the end of october .

Let's hope that they implement 4G (LTE) asap in ireland... (3 unlimited...) :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

jason370

Mar 30, 2010
NYC
Let's hope that they implement 4G (LTE) asap in ireland... (3 unlimited...) :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in NYC and although I have the LTE option, I leave it unchecked ad I get much faster speeds (10-15mbps) not using it. It's really weird. Uploads suck either way though, which also pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
I have a LTE enabled handset but don't have LTE option

I'm on 3 UK and they advise an update will be sent to activate the LTE signal and then it will show in the menu

I have unbranded handset but the advise they will send the update to all users who have sims in a LTE handset

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
I have a LTE enabled handset but don't have LTE option

I'm on 3 UK and they advise an update will be sent to activate the LTE signal and then it will show in the menu

I have unbranded handset but the advise they will send the update to all users who have sims in a LTE handset

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

Just to add to this, my N3 won't give LTE options at all when I use my 3 SIM, but does when I sap over to my Vodafone SIM which is on a 4G plan.

I'm pretty certain that it is just a setting on the SIM that toggles the LTE options.

Regards,

Dave

Hey Everyone found a solution for this in another thread. I also was facing this issue no LTE Enabled as the option doesnt exist. I updated to latest firmware XXUBMJ1. Then used CFautoroot to root it coz it is possible only on rooted phones, if not you have to wait until Samsung pushes an OTA update to fix it. Here goes try and see if it works.

Use ES File explorer or your favorite root explorer and go to data/property and find the persist.radio.lteon.xml file. Open it in Text Editor and if the value that is written is false, change it to true. Save and exit and reboot. Got the options back. Done.

LTE needs to be enabled in an update.

On Unbranded, Samsung does this after signing the agreement with the local providers for the frequencies. If you have a branded version, incorporating the LTE setting lies with the provider. If you're unlucky, as most people with branded versions are, this could take quite a while. Some providers have been known to skip dozens of firmware versions as it is 'too much work to change a 200kb update'. Oh the woes of slapping your company sticker on everything... :rolleyes:

My Unbranded German one has an LTE option, as Germany has had LTE since 2011. I'm using T-Mobile NL in the Netherlands, which does not have LTE yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Everyone found a solution for this in another thread. I also was facing this issue no LTE Enabled as the option doesnt exist. I updated to latest firmware XXUBMJ1. Then used CFautoroot to root it coz it is possible only on rooted phones, if not you have to wait until Samsung pushes an OTA update to fix it. Here goes try and see if it works.

Use ES File explorer or your favorite root explorer and go to data/property and find the persist.radio.lteon.xml file. Open it in Text Editor and if the value that is written is false, change it to true. Save and exit and reboot. Got the options back. Done.
    Easy Fix!(Root Access Needed)

bump.. anyone found a solution? Can i flash a firmware of another region?

Here goes the solution....

1. Root your device
    2. Install ES File Explorer from Play Store
    3. Enable Root Access on the menu in ESFE
    4. Goto system/data/property/persist.radio.lteon.xml
    5. Open the file and it will show the word "false'
    6. Goto options and edit that file and type "true" instead of "false" and save
    7. Reboot the device
    I use this app to enable LTE
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viaero4gtoggle&hl=en
    My device does not have LTE option as well in the wireless settings. I guess in the CSC you can change some lines to enable it. But I don't know where

Mine is exactly the same, the note 2 n7105 had LTE options and my new note 3 n9005 does not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Just checked mine...

I have the SM-N9005 (UK)

It has LTE/WCDMA/GSM ticked