[Q] Cannot get gamestream to work

Search This thread
Feb 4, 2010
Can anyone assist me in setting this up? Every time I try to do remote gamestream it tells me that my PC is "Offline" but I can log in with apps like Splashtop, and I can even use VPN (thou I will be honest, I don't know exactly a VPN does).

I cannot get past the whole "trying to wake up computer" it just does the spinning and eventually goes back to the game select screen.

Router = Linksys EA3500 (Dual band so it uses 2.4 and 5)
GPU= 750 GTX
GFE = 2.0.1.0
Driver 377.50
Shield = 4.4.2 (Up to date)

If you need additional information please let me know. And thank you in advance.

Feb 4, 2010
Can anyone assist me in setting this up? Every time I try to do remote gamestream it tells me that my PC is "Offline" but I can log in with apps like Splashtop, and I can even use VPN (thou I will be honest, I don't know exactly a VPN does).

I cannot get past the whole "trying to wake up computer" it just does the spinning and eventually goes back to the game select screen.

GPU= 750 GTX
GFE = 2.0.1.0
Driver 377.50

If you need additional information please let me know. And thank you in advance.

still looking for help, apparently nvidia AND linksys cannot figure it out

psycho1200

Jun 20, 2012
Ecatepec
Check the ports that the shield are using for stream, and check your windows firewall, most of the cases are problems with the firewall or port forwarding, and also it depends if you are using cable internet or dsl internet, but first you shiuld try to check you ports and frewall and then check the internet to extranet conections.

Ryebread07

Feb 2, 2012

GPU= 750 GTX
GFE = 2.0.1.0
Driver 377.50

Hey all, I'm not certain if you've solved your problem yet. I had the exact same issue that you did and I found a cure today. Assuming you've opened your ports or enabled Upnp, all you need to do is get your PC's local IP address, and use it as the DMZ host for your router. My shield immediately started connecting to my PC remotely. ****ty part was trying to edit all of those settings with a ****ty remote desktop app such as google chromes or splashtop.

I hope this helps you or anybody else having this issue. As of today 11/16/14 all of my apps and drivers are all up to date. Using GTX 760 and Shield tablet.